Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Campus Update: New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case

Mar 20, 2015, 4:10 PM

New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Campus Update: New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case

Mar 20, 2015, 4:16 PM

Somewhere somebody knows what happened, I hope whoever it is will come forward to give his family some degree of peace and closure. Until the truth is known, there will be a cloud hanging.

Mar 20, 2015, 4:28 PM

I think a bunch of someones know what happened. I cannot believe no one has come forward.

This plays right into the strength of the Greek system

Mar 20, 2015, 4:48 PM

though...Keep your mouth shut and share a bond for all eternity

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a human life is less important than that?***

Mar 21, 2015, 4:34 PM

It would appear so to his fellow "brothers"***

Mar 21, 2015, 5:09 PM

It's really sad that people just won't do the right thing.

Mar 20, 2015, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Campus Update: New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case ]

The truth won't end his family's suffering, but it could help start the healing. They deserve to know what happened to their precious son.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They know what happened, it's the who that is in

Mar 20, 2015, 5:06 PM

question

That's certainly the word on the street, but I don't know

Mar 20, 2015, 5:22 PM

how reliable it is. I've talked to a lot of people than supposedly know people who know people who were there or talked to people that know people that were there or were there just after it happened, or some such foolishness.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It's pretty clear that he died performing some Frat task

Mar 20, 2015, 5:41 PM

with a group, but unless one of his "brothers" step forward, we'll never know exactly what happened

Re: That's certainly the word on the street, but I don't know

Mar 21, 2015, 9:40 AM [ in reply to That's certainly the word on the street, but I don't know ]

Well if you've talked to people MAN up and turn them in and get the ball rolling.

Mar 21, 2015, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Campus Update: New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case ]

Hope you are right. Many times, a killer's conscience never does get the best of him. Many people would rather have a guilty conscience and walk free than a clean conscience and sit in prison.

Mar 20, 2015, 4:29 PM

This is heartbreaking that this has lasted as long as it has. Here is to hoping someone will come forward and the hipps family can finally have some closure. God bless and sending prayers.

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Sadly, they are going to have to add a couple of zeros

Mar 20, 2015, 4:46 PM

to that if they really want somebody to rat out their fellow nazis, nobody's going to willingly become a pariah for a year's subscription to DirecTV...Sad but true

Re: Sadly, they are going to have to add a couple of zeros

Mar 20, 2015, 5:58 PM

If a subscription to DirecTV is costing you $22,000 a year it may be time to switch to DISH or Comcast...

just sayin'

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

I missed the 20k, only saw the 2k reward***

Mar 20, 2015, 6:04 PM

What a great Band of Brothers.***

Mar 20, 2015, 5:53 PM

Re: What a great Band of Brothers.***

Mar 20, 2015, 8:41 PM

And to think, this young man had to pay for this sad excuse for friendship Sad!

Man up

Mar 20, 2015, 6:01 PM

Great friends this kid had. Horrible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he had REAL friends, he wouldn't have to join a frat***

Mar 20, 2015, 6:03 PM

You are dumber than i first thought.***

Mar 20, 2015, 7:08 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you underestimated me?***

Mar 20, 2015, 7:36 PM

Re: You are dumber than i first thought.***

Mar 20, 2015, 8:44 PM [ in reply to You are dumber than i first thought.*** ]

There is NO way to defend this code of silence by these people"

Sometime in the future, the truth will come out.

Mar 21, 2015, 1:01 AM

This tragic event has to be eating at a few young men in the frat. Nobody just falls off that bridge. You have to climb over the barrier and jump or you are thrown over it. Somebody knows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no idea what happend, but there is a possibility....

Mar 21, 2015, 1:32 AM

it was an accident and nobody really knows how he fell off the bridge, and that's why nobody has come forward with information.

Clemson Sig Ep isn't Skull & Bones, it's not like if any of those guys talk their family is going to disappear. If they were that powerful, they wouldn't be suspended for five years. And we're talking about 19 & 20 year old pledges who shouldn't have some deep sense of loyalty to the frat. If the police can't get one of those guys to talk or catch them in a lie, maybe they really don't know anything.

I'm not taking up for Sig Ep, for all I know they may very well be responsible somehow for this, but I just don't think those guys are clever enough to pull off what is basically a murder and keeping their mouths shut and stories straight for this long.

Re: I have no idea what happend, but there is a possibility....

Mar 21, 2015, 2:01 AM

As a Clemson fraternity member, I'm actually starting to wonder if what I've heard (that he fell behind the rest of the runners and nobody was there when he fell) was actually true. I've heard that from several people relatively close to the situation and obviously can't confirm it but despite my initial suspicion, I really do wonder if this was a tragic accident.

Mar 21, 2015, 5:42 AM

Didn't someone post a while back that sig ep had a rush haze thing where they held people off the bridge to scare them. I don't think I'm making that up. I thought some posted that months back but I can't find the post as I'm typing this.

That's something someone saw in a movie...

Mar 21, 2015, 9:21 AM

Think about it for a moment. A bunch of guys dangling each other off a heavily traveled highway bridge during the start of morning rush hour traffic is possibly the stupidest hazing stunt anyone could think of. And to suggest this is a tradition that the frat has been doing this for years and no one driving on the bridge has ever seen and reported it to the police, or anyone else ever getting hurt or complaining to the Universisity for hazing is just idiotic.

You'd have to be a complete moron to risk your life like that just to get in Clemson Sig Ep, which isn't the super secret, powerfully connected organization some folks might think it is.

You might not be making it up

Mar 23, 2015, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I have no idea what happend, but there is a possibility.... ]

but whoever posted it very easily could be.

I've heard about 10 different stories about what actually happened, and at least 9 of them if not all 10 are completely made up speculation.

If there was any evidence to suggest this was merely

Mar 21, 2015, 9:20 AM [ in reply to I have no idea what happend, but there is a possibility.... ]

an accident there wouldn't be a $22,000 reward for information right now. Granted there doesn't seem to be much evidence to the contrary either, but mere common sense and logic suggest that it's very unlikely somebody accidentally fell off a bridge while running.

Happens all the time...

Mar 21, 2015, 10:24 AM

Do you not believe Kendall Wernet accidentally fell of the radar deck of a cruise ship? Because that sounds more unbeleiveable than someone accidentally falling off a bridge while running.

I think the reward money is to see if anyone will come forward with information regarding any contributing factors to the accident; was he subjected to any alcohol, drug, or sleep deprivation hazing that could implicate fraternity members? Did a motorist perhaps force him off the bridge? Something like that is plausible. No one could seriously think the frat dropped/forced him off the bridge. And a $20,000 reward isn't a big deal if you're pretty sure you're never going to have to pay it.

What year did you pledge?***

Mar 21, 2015, 3:20 PM

Yes i can believe somebody fell from a restricted area on

Mar 21, 2015, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Happens all the time... ]

a cruise ship. There's a reason why it's a restricted area. The % chance of falling off a bridge would be ridiculously small - even if he was leaning over the side puking which seems like the most reasonable explanation for how that may have happened.

Mar 22, 2015, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I have no idea what happend, but there is a possibility.... ]

yeah and the pope may smoke dope but both are highly not likely.

This was a terrible tragegy not only for Tucker's family

Mar 21, 2015, 6:40 AM

and friends, but for the University, and based upon current information I believe it wise to refrain from conjecture.

However, I have learned in my long life that a "secret" between two usually becomes one among three, then four and more. At some point it's no longer a secret, and that's when the truth emerges. Thus, if someone or ones are withholding information, the sooner an honorable man steps forward, the better for all.

If, as has been suggested, this was a horrible accident free from misbehavior or malice, then organizations need to review policies of policing events to ensure members' safety. That is, if this was an organized activity, then members should have been watching each other in a sort of buddy system, much as the military employs.

Regardless, this incident could have happened to anyone whether part of organized activity or not. Thus, condemning fraternal organizations is no solution; it's only an effort to shift focus away from the real issue: responsibility we have for each other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing about many who condemn the frat

Mar 21, 2015, 9:50 AM

That they generally have a negative view of frats and are just taking any easy opportunity to further bash them.

I haven't kept up with this in every detail, but from what I remember from what I've read, most every aspect of this is in no way unique to a frat as you suggest. It is all pretty common to college life for some kids who aren't teetotalers.

Another shoe may fall eventually, though. Until it does it is mostly conjecture now. But that seems to be more and more common.

Since when do fraternities go on runs together?

Mar 21, 2015, 1:30 PM

Was this is run a pledge activity or was this man already an initiate of the fraternity?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saw these kids out running and in Fike several times

Mar 21, 2015, 2:22 PM

i go to Fike and/or go run nearly every weekday morning.

saw these kids out on the roads and inside Fike lifting weights several times. i had no idea who they were. only found out they were a fraternity group after the kid's death.

they always looked like they were relaxed and enjoying themselves. never saw anyone who looked uncomfortable or like they were being coerced in any way.

from my limited knowledge it's a long tradition for this fraternity to work out and run together.

Mar 21, 2015, 2:27 PM

I find it hard to believe that someone jogging would accidentally fall off a bridge, but I find it harder to believe that a bunch of college kids were smart enough to lie to police and cover up a murder or accidentally kill this kid while trying to pull a prank or hazing. It's rare for one person to get away with something like this and lie their way out of it but a whole group of people I find it hard to believe. I could believe a motorist or a drunk driver swerving at him forcing him over the wall. If the kid was completely drunk or high I could see that. There is way more to the story and for his family's sake I hope the truth comes out one day.

Point for the drunk driver swerving that made him jump

Mar 21, 2015, 3:23 PM

over the wall....you really should write Hollywood screenplays

Re: Point for the drunk driver swerving that made him jump

Mar 21, 2015, 4:05 PM

Crazier things have happened.

Yeah, a teradactyl could have swooped down and he

Mar 21, 2015, 4:06 PM

jumped the wall to avoid it