Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Id be curious to understand how bad ETN missed blocking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 821

Id be curious to understand how bad ETN missed blocking

Jan 2, 2018, 9:27 AM

assignments. There are two, in particular, where KB got lit up that I am not sure where his fault but looked like it was.

One was a shotgun pass... If you notice though, KB never takes any steps back. It looked like KB should have taken two steps back because that is how every other snap in the shotgun has gone. ETN did not have enough room to step up into the hole.

Another one was the DE blowing right past our RT. ETN stepped up in the pocket and our RT stepped in to double the DT and then tried to bounce oout to block the DE and completely whiffed. It looked like the RT completely missed his assignment and ETn was supposed to give inside help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I'll never understand is 4th and inches

Jan 2, 2018, 9:29 AM

and we line up in shotgun

If football season wasn't completely over, I'd be far more

Jan 2, 2018, 9:30 AM

interested in analyzing our game last night. As it stands now, I'm far more concerned with what I'm going to have for lunch today.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to analeyes. We are doomed and cycling out.***

Jan 2, 2018, 9:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

easy. Left over collards, Field Peas, neckbone & Rice

Jan 2, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to If football season wasn't completely over, I'd be far more ]

pork loin and corn bread.

and tea.

there, one less thing for you to worry your head over.

Wouldn't have needed him to block as well if we simply

Jan 2, 2018, 9:32 AM

moved the pocket and used ETN as a check down for KB.

This...***

Jan 2, 2018, 9:51 AM

Re: Wouldn't have needed him to block as well if we simply

Jan 2, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Wouldn't have needed him to block as well if we simply ]

and this is why our play calling sucked. SUCKED last night! Give that kid a chance! I felt like I was watching the OSU game last year when we repeatedly T'd up on their QB and all they did was the same thing over and over.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d be curious to know why we used

Jan 2, 2018, 9:41 AM

Rob Spence’s old playbook. This isn’t Harry Potter. Just because you find a dusty old book in an office in Jervey doesn’t mean it’s magic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this.***

Jan 2, 2018, 9:51 AM

Only thing I can figure to 'splain our offense

Jan 2, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to I’d be curious to know why we used ]

It has to be that Bama figured out our weakness and exploited it to the enth degree. It didn't help that we were giving a half ###ed effort most of the night, particularly on offense. I think our defense played well enough for us to win though.

I think Bama watched the Nancy's Taint video and figured out that if they plug in their defensive scheme, with Bama's horses, they could shut us down. And they did. They sold out on the run and made us one dimensional. KB obviously has a problem with the long ball. But when you're getting zero on the ground, that's what you HAVE to do. Our OC never did that though. And when KB would get in 3rd and long, THEN they would call a long pass play. If you're going to HAVE to do it by third and long anyway, why not just TRY it on first or second down every now and then?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't have been

Jan 2, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to I’d be curious to know why we used ]

I didn't see any bubble screens or 4 wideout "pods". Maybe I had my eyes closed by then. Quite possible.

It was just the running play section. He took the

Jan 2, 2018, 11:39 AM

bubble screen plays with him to Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Syracuse...you just had to use THAT word

Jan 2, 2018, 11:46 AM

THIS year. I'm offended.

Replies: 13
| visibility 821
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic