Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If every race was like Daytona
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,314

If every race was like Daytona

Feb 17, 2020, 7:13 PM

Nascar would be my favorite sport even over college football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If every race was like Daytona

Feb 17, 2020, 7:40 PM

Does this mean that you like seeing about half the cars in that race destroyed? I lost interest in nascar when my all time favorite driver was killed at Daytona, and I haven't watched a full race since his son retired, but Jr wasn't even close to the driver that his daddy, The Intimidator was!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 8:07 PM

At the super speedways he was but not at the mile or mile and a half tracks. Tonight was a great race tho hopefully Newman is okay. It's hard to pick who to pull for since Junior is gone. I like Buescher because he is a Scorpio and I needed to find a driver lol but I think I'm pulling for the 3 car with Austin Dillon because of his connection with Dale.

Did you just play the “He’s my driver because of his

Feb 17, 2020, 10:58 PM

astrology sign” card ???

Turn in your man card.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Did you just play the “He’s my driver because of his

Feb 17, 2020, 11:07 PM

Well I didn't like who took over in the 88 and I had to find a driver to pull for when Jr retired so what did you want me to do? He is my age and a Scorpio. Also he is an underdog. I still think imma lean towards Austin Dillon in the 3 but Buescher came in 3rd tonight. I'm just lost and want to find a driver I care about as I do Clemson sports and as I did Dale and Dale jr.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: If every race was like Daytona ]

You got that right, none of these fancy pants drivers begin to compare to real drivers like Fred, Tiny, Cotton, Rex, Lee Roy, Cale, Fireball, Junior and Buck just to name a few.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't leave out the greatest...Spartanburg's David Pearson!!***

Feb 17, 2020, 8:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't leave out the greatest...Spartanburg's David Pearson!!***

Feb 17, 2020, 11:37 PM

Or Darlington area Cale Yarborough!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: If every race was like Daytona ]

The racing is much better these days because you have a bunch of drivers capable of winning. Much better than seeing one car take off and lap the field.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: If every race was like Daytona ]

You might have just seen another great driver killed. It don’t look good.

Feb 17, 2020, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: If every race was like Daytona ]

I quit watching when Bill Elliott retired. I watch highlighs but not full races.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:08 PM

Yep Daytona and Talladega are the only races I care for.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:19 PM

So you are in it for the wrecks.

Feb 17, 2020, 8:22 PM

No the racing is just much better. Multiple passes in a lap when other races may have one or two. It is just better racing.

meh...the restrictor plate races are for the most part

Feb 17, 2020, 10:54 PM

boring till the last 15 laps. Short tracks are the real racing - always.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: meh...the restrictor plate races are for the most part

Feb 17, 2020, 11:10 PM

I would rather watch dirt track racing than Bristol or Dover tho I prefer those over 1.5 mile tracks. Daytona and Talladega is where it's at imo. Maybe it's because I am a Jr fan and those are the tracks he was the best at but I just love the racing where you can go from 30th to 1st in a couple of laps. Ofcourse the end is the best.

Re: meh...the restrictor plate races are for the most part

Feb 17, 2020, 11:51 PM [ in reply to meh...the restrictor plate races are for the most part ]

The monster mile is racing!!!

Feb 17, 2020, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If every race was like Daytona ]

I haven't ever liked restrictor plate racing bc they are starving those engines for air, and they can't use the horsepower those engines have bc of the restrictor plate, and that is why they are all bunched up together. When a car steps out of the draft, they can go all the way to the back of pack if they can't get back in line or have a few other cars get behind them for drafting help, and to me that isn't racing, that is following the leader until somebody touches somebody to hard or pulls out to fast and take the down force off the car in front of them!!!

Feb 18, 2020, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: If every race was like Daytona ]

They put the restrictor plates on at Charlotte a couple years ago and it was great but they haven’t done it again. I just don’t understand NASCAR sometimes.

Feb 17, 2020, 10:48 PM

The rules package intentionally causes the wrecks. I think its despicable.

Feb 17, 2020, 11:02 PM

I haven't watched NASCAR in years. They have stages? I don't get it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 18, 2020, 7:01 AM

The stages have made it better because they actually race for something throughout instead of just coasting until the end.

You lost me at race***

Feb 18, 2020, 5:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic