Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Kamara back on campus after decommitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Kamara back on campus after decommitment

Nov 19, 2012, 8:56 PM

Kamara back on campus after decommitment

On Saturday, former Clemson commit David Kamara was back in Death Valley for the first time since his decision to re open up his recruiting last week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Kamara back on campus after decommitment

Nov 19, 2012, 9:25 PM

Ole Missy will be a great fit for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the fans arent mad the he decommited...

Nov 19, 2012, 9:30 PM

he keeps saying his decision yet it is obvious his decision is based on what RN does.there for it isnt his decision.

You're Correct

Nov 19, 2012, 11:02 PM

Personally, I'm not "mad" when an 18 year old kid can't make up his mind. However, RN's mom who lives 1/2 a world a way comes here and changes his mind. That's what makes me "mad". It's not the kid who can't make up his mind.... it's the parent who ignores their kids point of view.

As for Kamara, couldn't care less. Any offer he gets is because of RN. He's a small time talent and his name is only known because of RN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kamara is scholarship worthy

Nov 20, 2012, 9:43 AM

but the reason he is getting "BCS" offers is because of the RN connection. He'd get a free ride to a school even if he never met the #1 recruit in the country.

But his list of schools would probably be Kentucky, East Carolina, Memphis and Southern Miss.

Love to see him in a Tiger uniform, but

Nov 20, 2012, 3:43 PM [ in reply to the fans arent mad the he decommited... ]

as with youth, his decision might be based too much on what his HS teammates are doing. But when they get to the University, and he gets dialed in, everything is going to change for him.

Kamara should step up and be a leader with his decision. Maybe RN needs to follow him, not the other way around.

Um, Kamara, we've reopened our recruitment of

Nov 19, 2012, 9:57 PM

defensive backs and you're not on the list. You need to see if you can pick up an offer from Memphis or the like.

Re: Um, Kamara, we've reopened our recruitment of

Nov 19, 2012, 11:07 PM

Very true! We aren't saving a scholly for him especially if we can get Alexander and Williams. He will get left out quickly.

Funy how all these fans know what Dabo is gonna do

Nov 19, 2012, 11:45 PM

We'll be full when he says we're full

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If ever a kid deserved his offer yanked it's this one. Dabo

Nov 20, 2012, 6:48 AM

has done it in far less dubious situations. Yank it and say "If RN signs we might reconsider".

You're one of the most football-ignorant people on this site

Nov 20, 2012, 7:52 AM

I guess that goes hand in hand with growing up loving #####.

I used to agree with you on occassion

Nov 20, 2012, 10:17 AM [ in reply to If ever a kid deserved his offer yanked it's this one. Dabo ]

but now I realize you're completely deluded. Dabo pulls scholarships from players like E. Daniel who aren't up front when they take visits to other schools or are otherwise dishonest. Kamara has clearly been in communication with the staff and made his intentions clear. There are no hard feelings between the Clemson staff and Kamara or Nkemdiche, because both have been open and honest with them, and both are still open to the possibility of Clemson despite the social media backlash some members of our fanbase have spewed their way.

Re: I used to agree with you on occassion

Nov 22, 2012, 12:33 PM

Well said. The negativity on this site and other blogs regarding these young men and the difficult decisions they have to make are counterproductive and unworthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Um, Kamara, we've reopened our recruitment of

Nov 20, 2012, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Um, Kamara, we've reopened our recruitment of ]

What is wrong with you people. There is no excuse for treating a young man considering Clemson as a student athlete like this. This is not the way Clemson Men behave. We treat everyone well and if they reject us, we continue to treat them well. That's who we are.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:48 PM

I'm sorry - but I don't understand this move. I think this kid seriously screwed himself as we would have honored his scholly, but I'm pretty sure he's outside looking in now. He realized that he stepped in poop a little too late. He would have to be incredible for me to get excited over someone like this. I like recruits that want to be TIGERS. This place is special, and should be treated that way. IMO - he disrespected CLEMSON and what we stand for.

Exactly. 3-star DB's are a dime a dozen.***

Nov 20, 2012, 6:49 AM

If he was outside, then Dabo wouldn't have had him come in

Nov 20, 2012, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Kamara back on campus after decommitment ]

trust me if Dabo didn't want him, he wouldn't be here

ppl who berate HS kids on facebook and twitter are lowdown

Nov 20, 2012, 12:18 AM

pretty disgusted that Clemson fans would act that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ppl who berate HS kids on facebook and twitter are lowdown

Nov 20, 2012, 9:53 AM

There is one who is claiming to be a tiger on his twitter and calling him overrated and just pathetic. Saying Tiger Nation doesn't want you. I replied that yes we do and if we didn't Dabo wouldn't be recruiting you. To not listen to stupid fans who claim to be Clemson, cause a few idiots don't answer for the majority

good... too many people lose perspective over this stuff

Nov 20, 2012, 9:59 AM

and it is not helpful to Clemson at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it's OK to do it on an internet forum? People need to

Nov 20, 2012, 10:04 AM [ in reply to ppl who berate HS kids on facebook and twitter are lowdown ]

take a step back and realize that this is a young kid making a tough decision and stop belittling him because he's having a hard time deciding.

Buh-bye***

Nov 20, 2012, 8:04 AM

Yawn***

Nov 20, 2012, 8:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His name should be Karma...thass what he's about to get.***

Nov 20, 2012, 8:24 AM

My bet, if RN and DK take an offical to Clemson

Nov 20, 2012, 9:38 AM

we get them.

The problem for Kamara is that he isn't "oversign worthy." He's rolling the dice a little that other schools don't fill up their classes. I've always said that a recruit should take all their visits. But a player of Kamara's quality probably can't afford to wait until signing day if he's looking for a top flight BCS program.

He's going to be a solid football player, but I doubt too many schools will "hold" a scholarship for him for a last day press conference.

Ole Miss will

Nov 20, 2012, 10:19 AM

if Nkemdiche is having a press conference the same day.

I understand their feelings and don't have any resentment, I

Nov 20, 2012, 1:46 PM

don't think they realize the scrutiny they will be under and that is part of the game that I don't like.

Obviously his recruitment is ONLY relevant because of Nkemdi

Nov 20, 2012, 2:06 PM

Are these the type of values we want to represent OUR Tiger Nation?! This kid is obviously a target because of his relationship with Nkemdiche. Is it worth one of our precious 85 scholarships just to pull Robert out of his flip-flopping? This kid has already broken his word, and seems to be the type of person that could potentially poison everyone around him. I say we should not recruit Kamara based on Nkemdiche's wants. If he truly is worthy of being recruited, so be it. But, all I see is a Nkemdiche parrot!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not fooling anybody.***

Nov 20, 2012, 2:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2012, 2:37 PM

Did he reaffirm his decommitment?

we need some 4 and 5* backs***

Nov 21, 2012, 5:03 PM

He's coming back for the Clemson/Coot game.***

Nov 23, 2012, 5:46 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic