Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If anyone cares the website, The Athletic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,973

If anyone cares the website, The Athletic

Feb 4, 2020, 3:49 PM

Has an article interviewing spurrier on why he left UofSC.
The athletic has some really good writers. It’s a pay subscription

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and?***

Feb 4, 2020, 3:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If anyone cares the website, The Athletic

Feb 4, 2020, 4:11 PM

That was a great article and just reaffirms why Spurrier is one of the greatest characters in football history. It's Time at Florida was just priceless. There will never be another like him.

The bottom line of the article is he admitted he stayed one year too many and should have quit at the end of the previous season, which was his plan until the ADFtalked him out of it. He admitted he lost the respect of the players and could no longer inspire the team.

Feb 4, 2020, 8:19 PM

He couldn’t get his players motivated on the team because they sucked and the ones that made the team as good as it was left for the NFL or graduated.

Feb 4, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: If anyone cares the website, The Athletic ]

He couldn’t get his players motivated on the team because they sucked and the ones that made the team as good as it was left for the NFL or graduated.

Feb 4, 2020, 4:18 PM

The AD begged Spurrier to finish the season, but he realized he didn't have what it took to turn things around.

This was an outpouring of humility from him. It is the first time I can remember Spurrier showing ANY humility.

The Athletic has the best writing in all of sports. In my opinion, there's nothing close. However, if you're only interested in Clemson football, the subscription probably isn't worth it.

Don't pay. Let me tell u. He quit recruiting

Feb 4, 2020, 8:33 PM

2 yrs. Before he retired because he saw he had no. left and was going to get his ### handed to him

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't pay. Let me tell u. He quit recruiting

Feb 4, 2020, 9:56 PM

When the 5 star and top 4 star recruits from the state of SC dried up, Uof6C had no where to turn to. While Dabo was building a national brand, Spurrier and his staff were sitting on their hands.

They were all happy as pigs in slop because they finished ranked in the top 5 for a couple or 3 years under Spurrier. Complacency is a killer.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic