Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If You were told 10-2, Orange Bowl Vs Bama at the beginning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

If You were told 10-2, Orange Bowl Vs Bama at the beginning

Dec 1, 2013, 5:37 PM

Of this year, how would you have felt?......

I am still taking this all in and like all of us, it is an emotionally frustrated time.....

I personally don't really care what the coots are going to say.....I can handle that. I am more concerned about Clemson's future.....

I see a number of faults with the program that are valid, but overall we are in great shape.

It took Clemson 30 years to finally find a coach to start putting together back to back 10 game winning seasons. Dabo fixed that…...

We now have the second longest winning streak over unranked teams second only to Alabama rather than “pulling a Clemson”...Dabo fixed that….

In all likelihood, we will be going to our second BCS Bowl in three years probably playing Alabama…Dabo is making that happen.

Now do we have problems? H3ll yes…..Some of it is play calling, some of it is execution and some of it is lack of skill and talent. Play calling and recruiting can fix some of that.

Tajh Boyd’s career at Clemson is good for one more game and then the torch gets passed along. We are going to be fine at QB and WR for many years. We need a stud RB and the O-line needs to get better…period.

Our D-line played pretty good last night I thought, but Offensive screw-ups and crappy special teams play put more on them than they deserved.

What’s next?.....

Now that Dabo has rattled off 3 straight 10 win seasons, it is time to start winning more league titles, going and winning BCS Bowls.

We have got to get control of South Carolina….at least to the point of back and forth wins…..this losing every year isn’t going to work for long. He needs to fix this next year.

If we go to the Orange Bowl and somehow win it, all of the petty bickering will go away…....It always does…Now if we draw a pissssed off Alabama Team, it would be a great opportunity.

Dabo is not Tommy Bowden or Oliver Purnell as I have read by others...I will say he is now on that Mark Richt/Mack Brown shelf of being pretty #### good but stuck in a sandbar needing to get the boat unstuck.

I want Dabo to succeed because I like the guy. We are at a level now that most programs would be tickled to have. It is good to want more, but we are doing pretty freaking good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

what if you were told we'd lose to SC again

Dec 1, 2013, 5:38 PM

before the season? would you even need to hear the record after that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can handle losing to the coots....but...

Dec 1, 2013, 5:40 PM

Not the way we lost this year...

If the better team whips us, we need to be a big enough fan based to take that whipping and grow from it....this is a big hole...

But to answer you question.....I would take a BCS Bowl hold my nose if it meant losing to the coots....If we win that Bowl then I'll be quite fine

Did you just say you can handle losing to the coots?

Dec 1, 2013, 5:42 PM

Thats what's wrong with our program. Nobody should be ok with losing to those dirt peckers.

Let me be Clear....

Dec 1, 2013, 6:15 PM

I said I can handle losing to a better team.....if the Coots are a better team I can handle that....I was also quite clear in saying this lost was no okay.....

Exactly.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:41 PM [ in reply to what if you were told we'd lose to SC again ]

I told my wife at the beginning of the season we would go 10-2 with one of those losses coming in Columbia. I was pretty sure we'd go 1-1 with UGA and FSU. So basically I called it to the tee.

I also told her I'd take two more losses if we could win against the Coots. Yes, unfortunately for me, it's come to that.

If we go 8-4 next year but beat the Coots I will be happier than I am this season. Sad, but true.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be happy if SC was one of those wins.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:38 PM

If its wasn't I would be pissed...like I am today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If You were told 10-2, Orange Bowl Vs Bama at the beginning

Dec 1, 2013, 5:43 PM

You had rather win 8 ??? Dang hire tommy back.

This was a 1 game season and we lost***

Dec 1, 2013, 5:45 PM

Re: This was a 1 game season and we lost***

Dec 1, 2013, 5:59 PM

Dabo is a GREAT coach and we are so fortunate to have him. Yes, we choked under the big spotlight twice…we can fix that. I am a bit disappointed that we can't teach our D to strip the ball. I am a tad bit disappointed that we didn't create some 2-step drops/quick passes to nullifying the pass rush. I'm a tad bit disappointed with our special team drops…Adam is a sure-handed player. I am a tad bit disappointed with the development of our OL.

It is disappointing…to lose for a 5th time to that cesspool in Columbia…the capital of hoods, gangs, murders, & robbery. But when you think about all that we have…a GREAT head coach, two GREAT head assistants, GREAT facilities, friendly fan base, a beautiful campus and students that are normal, smart, nice, great fans...I am so thankful I'm a Clemson man, twice graduate, season ticket holder and a huge fan.

BOTTOM line…it's all fixable based on a GREAT foundation outlined above. Thank you Dabo, coaches and team for a GREAT season and go win your bowl game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 5:46 PM

This is the last year of the "charity" system the BCS uses now, not allowing more than 2 teams from a conference to go. You will have to be better from here on out. #14 BCS ranking wont get it done next year.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:48 PM

IF we play Bama they will be able to name the score! That's how bad our DC is. We'll turn it over like scrambling eggs. Good luck with your rosie assessment. you fail to mention all the player losses and having to deal with an OC who is beyond one step from clueless. Bring in some adult coaches at OC and DC

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic