Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If YOU were asked to interview for Clemson BKB job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

If YOU were asked to interview for Clemson BKB job

Mar 27, 2019, 6:15 PM

What would you consider as positive reasons to come to Clemson? (Besides $$$$$)

What would you consider as negative reasons to come to Clemson?

What would you ask for as a part of your contract to improve program?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If YOU were asked to interview for Clemson BKB job

Mar 27, 2019, 6:35 PM

The positive is that Clemson is in the ACC, the undisputed best College Basketball conference. Another positive has to be the opportunity to build something that no one else has ever done built before with any consistency. Third positive is if the product is exciting and competitive then Littlejohn( a 5 star on campus arena that can be extremely loud) should prove a formidable home court advantage.

The negative is that it is an uphill climb. However, I only need to look at the women’s basketball program for proof positive their is a huge desire for a winner and the support is there.

My contract would have to include competitive salaries for assistants and I would ask that my salary would be reflective of my experience with a gaurenteed 5 year contract, no firing before then for me or any of my staff. Knowing that continuity of staff is hugely important in building and maintaining a culture.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

easy

Mar 27, 2019, 6:38 PM

coachmac said:

What would you consider as positive reasons to come to Clemson? (Besides $$$$$)

What would you consider as negative reasons to come to Clemson?

What would you ask for as a part of your contract to improve program?

1. Clemson is the greatest place on earth.
2. No negative.
3. I'd ask for Friday's off to hang out at Bowman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If YOU were asked to interview for Clemson BKB job

Mar 27, 2019, 6:42 PM

Players that come to Clemson will be prepared for life after Clemson with or without basketball, a Clemson degree carries credibility with employers and community leaders, we will regularly play against the blue bloods of college basketball where players can show themselves against the "best", great support academically and athletically from the whole of the university, Clemson provides a true college experience without the trappings of an urban setting, the university has a world class football program that provides positive and extensive exposure for the university and all of its academic and athletic endeavors that needs a strong men's basketball program to compliment the football program.

NO negatives, every challenge is an opportunity waiting to be engaged and tackled.

Improved recruiting budget to get to more national recruits when they warrant face to face exposure, support staff that will exclusively focus on marketing on campus and off campus, budget to hire the NCAA maximum of bench coaches and enough in each salary to attract coaches worthy of a top 4 coaches salaries in the ACC which would be the kind of salary that would create a loyalty to Clemson unless a significant upgrade to position/title rather than a significant upgrade in salary will cause coaches to leave for lateral moves rather than vertical moves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic