Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football

Aug 17, 2018, 1:58 PM

Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football

The media hype is real for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. Fox Sports analyst Doug Gottlieb went on the record on Thursday saying that Watson could b Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football

Aug 17, 2018, 2:03 PM

Deshaun is great, but those INTs weren't all the WR's fault.

Am I misreading this?

Aug 17, 2018, 3:14 PM

"He's shown the ability to change and evolve to win a championship like he did at Alabama."
He never won a championship "at Alabama." Wow.

Re: Am I misreading this?

Aug 17, 2018, 4:58 PM

yes you are, at AL game, trying to make something out of nothing ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess he was thinking since Alabama has been in last 3

Aug 17, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Am I misreading this? ]

championship games that they kind of feel at home there. Slip of the pen probably.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football

Aug 17, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football ]

"I think the reason he and a lot of turnovers at Clemson was because they had a different wide receiving corps his final year at Clemson"

This is inaccurate.

Mike Williams
Hunter Renfrow
Artavis Scott
Deon Cain

All those guys had played with Watson at least a year.

Aug 18, 2018, 1:08 PM

Mike Williams didn't play year before because of injury. Cain was not the starter and Renfrow was just coming into the scene to play with starter as a RS Soph.

You had Ghop and Charone Peake, with Zac Brooks receiving often out of backfield. Plus it was Jay Jay McCoulough all in 2015. So really it was a different cast in 2016.

Message was edited by: TigerBigBass

Neither were Brett Favre's who leads the NFL in INT's

Aug 18, 2018, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football ]

However, he still has a bronze head in Canton.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 2:07 PM

My biggest concern is DW staying healthy enough to play a full season. We all know that he is as tough as they come but NFL football takes no prisoners . I close my eyes every time he takes a hit.

Aug 17, 2018, 2:24 PM

Mine too. Think he’s got the sliding part, just needs to stay away from the hard sacks. Avoid anything knee side.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning can

Aug 17, 2018, 6:00 PM

stay upright for more than a decade, then so can DW4. why do so many people want to insinuate that he runs so much based off of his 2nd year at Clemson? in his 3rd year, he only ran the ball 150+ times for 600+ yards; that's only 11 rushes and 50 yards per game and obviously a lot of those were runs after not locating a receiver or getting flushed from the pocket. DW4 is going to be a passer with an ability to run rather than a runner with the ability to pass, which is going to keep him healthy long term and become a league MVP, Super Bowl winner & MVP and a Hall of Famer as long as the Texans stay invested in an offensive line...

#MarkItDown
#GoTigers
#GoDW4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'member the same thing in 2015 and 2016.***

Aug 17, 2018, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Fox Sports analyst thinks Deshaun Watson could 'change the sport' of football ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2018, 8:59 AM

Said the former basketball player. DW4 is great and will remain great but he will not change the sport. That idiot Goodell will probably kill the sport before anybody can change it. DW4 will tell you himself he’s not a running QB. He’s a passer who may take off every once in a while.

Aug 18, 2018, 5:20 PM

DW4 is great and I'm so grateful I got to see him play for Clemson. Bottom line you throw the ball you run the risk of getting it intercepted. He had over 600 yards of offence against Pitt his final year but they had a bunch of turnovers in that loss.

Brett Favre (Gun Slinger!) threw a ton of interceptions. As a matter of fact, the Hall of Famer, holds the record for the most interceptions by an NFL QB. Just the risk they take when you put the ball in the air.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic