Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think the coaches are deceptively hiding Charon Peake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,932

I think the coaches are deceptively hiding Charon Peake

Jul 2, 2013, 2:06 PM

Is it just me or do any of yall see it too or feel the same way?

We all know Sammy Watkins and Adam Humphries and what they bring. Bryants potential is sky high his ability to catch a TD on any route is evident. I heard nothing but good things about him this offseason. I think Bryant has been a little more exposed than Peake media attention wise because of what has happened positively and negatively since his tenure at Clemson.

But Peake could be a Co-All-American with Sammy, he has that skill set. He has the same speed if not faster than Sammy, i heard they are neck and neck. but he is just as big and strong and agility is out of this world like Sammy. Cant wait to see what he does this season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally think Charone could end up with the 2nd best

Jul 2, 2013, 2:08 PM

receiving numbers this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

If Sammy is always Doubled, you may see Peake closer to #1

Jul 2, 2013, 2:09 PM

than #3 IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk about #1 but i could see BOTH at +/- 1100 yds and 10TDs

Jul 2, 2013, 2:20 PM

a piece. Eventually PEake would take over the double teams if he began to make that great of an impact thus Watkins would become more free. then if Ds decide to double both with Lbs underneath then you are looking at Bryant and our TEs stealing alot of yards and TDs too.

Re: I personally think Charone could end up with the 2nd best

Jul 2, 2013, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I personally think Charone could end up with the 2nd best ]

I think Seldom Used Reserve has him projected to be next behind Sammy. Orange and White article mentioned that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We Too Deep" applies predominantly to our WRs

Jul 2, 2013, 2:08 PM

I have a shiny nickel that says that's where that song came from. Sammy, Martavis, Charone, G-Hop, Humps, the freshmen coming in, probably next year's freshmen too (especially if we get Artavis and/or Quinn)...they're all potential All-Americans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, the WR position looks to be well manned

Jul 2, 2013, 2:15 PM

for several years to come. Looks like highly rated WRs are looking to get in on the chance to shine in Chad Morris' system. Nuk going so high in the draft will only encourage more to get on board. If Sammy does as well as Nuk and goes early 1st round in draft (if he leaves) then it'll just get even more momentum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the coaches are deceptively hiding Charon Peake

Jul 2, 2013, 2:16 PM

Until I see anyone manage to cover Bryant - I think he's the 'secret weapon' in our O. I think Bryant absolutely puts daggers in the heart of several teams.

So far Bryant has been a one trick pony....

Jul 2, 2013, 2:23 PM

run straight down field as fast as you can.

I'd love to see him actually run some routes and be more than just a deep threat.

I think Charone is a more "polished" receiver and could have a huge year with the departure of Nuk.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: So far Bryant has been a one trick pony....

Jul 2, 2013, 4:20 PM

I'd love to see Bryant do a little more blocking. I think that's what has been holding him back with the coaching staff !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Germone Hopper is the #2 target ....

Jul 2, 2013, 2:30 PM

The Spring Game offense(s) were very vanilla, but you could tell they were trying to get him the ball ... ALOT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopper is a slot guy, he will be great but not #2***

Jul 2, 2013, 2:31 PM

Re: Hopper is a slot guy, he will be great but not #2***

Jul 2, 2013, 3:22 PM

you realize Sammy was a "slot guy"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm really excited to see what Germone Hopper can do over

Jul 2, 2013, 1:50 PM [ in reply to I think Germone Hopper is the #2 target .... ]

The next few years

Bryant showed in the spring game that he's been working on

Jul 2, 2013, 2:41 PM

catching the ball with his hands and not his body. He'll be the one to emerge after Sammy. Peake really needs to hit the weights and gain strength, particularly in his lower body.

No I don't

Jul 2, 2013, 3:21 PM

He just hasn't taken the step to the next level. Some guys immediately do the day they walk on campus, some guys grow into it, some guys never do. I'm hoping he's part of the second group as he clearly has the skill set. This year is critical for him if the elevator is going to go all the way to the top.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the coaches are deceptively hiding Charon Peake

Jul 2, 2013, 3:25 PM

With the talent we have at receiver, it will require a lot of double coverage, which should leave linebackers covering some very fast guys underneath. This has to be a defensive coordinator's nightmare. I'm sure the Georgia defensive coach will try to throw blitz packages at us to rattle Tahj, but I am sure Chad will have a plan for that. With Sammy, Charone and Humphries running downfield patterns, this will leave the outside open to a back like Hotrod, and others for wheel route or Hopper in slot.

No. I think this is the year the "light" goes on and he

Jul 2, 2013, 3:28 PM

plays at his potential. In either event, he needs to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Best WR core in ACC, NCAA as well?

Jul 2, 2013, 3:48 PM

This year we have the luxury of serious depth at WR. We all know Sammy. Adam Humphries is a ''grind it out'' type of guy who reminds me of Wes Welker; a real tough yardage, under sized WR. Bryant is a large outside WR who has good hands, athleticism, and speed. Same with Charone Peake. I think all four listed will explode this year during Tahj's campaign run. The door is wide open for Jerome Hopper as well. Expect him to impress this year. And then theres Jordan Leggett. A massive, imposing TE with great hands. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Boyd's ''check down'' go to guy this year. Good luck to all LB's who cover him. He's a stud.

Re: Best WR core in ACC, NCAA as well?

Jul 2, 2013, 4:01 PM

HotRod will catch a fair share out of the backfield too. He looked like he'd had been working on his hands during the Spring Game. I expect this summer will put him in the same class as AE when it comes to grabbing a ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could it be possible

Jul 2, 2013, 4:10 PM

In the Chad's offense:

To see THREE 1000+ yards receivers???

Watkins, Peake & Bryant??

Tajh Boyd is just chomping at the bit and I love it!!

Go Tigers!!!

this should be a main board subject***

Jul 2, 2013, 4:17 PM

Re: Could it be possible

Jul 2, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Could it be possible ]

Doubt it. Maybe more like two 1000+ yarders and a few 400-600+ yarders

Assuming Boyd gets lets say 3800 yards passing. that would leave less than or equal to 800 yards to every other receiver, TEs and RBs. Not to mention playing short quarters against the smaller teams which would deflate stats for sure. you got to believe that our starters will hardly play at all the week before USuC against the Citadel.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,932
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic