Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Saban wanted to have a real legacy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

If Saban wanted to have a real legacy

Jan 12, 2017, 3:16 PM

He would go turn his alma mater Kent State into a powerhouse.

Just sayin'.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right...that's the thing...just about anyone can be...

Jan 12, 2017, 3:18 PM

...a success at Bama. It self recruits the best and top classes year in and year out. What Dabo accomplished is more amazing to be than what Saban did.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right...that's the thing...just about anyone can be...

Jan 12, 2017, 3:32 PM

That's what I've always believed. It's easy to go somewhere that already has a legacy because it essentially self recruits. The best coaches are the ones who can go somewhere that never really won. I would say Clemson is 50/50 on that spectrum since we had good years in the 80's.

Jan 12, 2017, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Right...that's the thing...just about anyone can be... ]

Mike Dubise, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price, and Mike Shula would disagree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a tree falls in the forest, and my wife isn't there to hear it, am I still wrong?

That's really, really, false.

Jan 12, 2017, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Right...that's the thing...just about anyone can be... ]

Plenty have failed to win at Alabama. Even those that did win (Stallings, even Bear himself) never won at the level that Saban is winning now. Nobody in CFB has ever recruited (at least in the modern era) at the level Saban is recruiting at Alabama. He also built LSU in a national power in just 5 seasons there. A good bit of the team that Les Miles won the 2007 title with was recruited by Saban. He won national titles at Bama in his 3rd season and LSU in his 4th season. The guy is an insanely good coach.

Jan 12, 2017, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Right...that's the thing...just about anyone can be... ]

Wow, you think it self recruits? 1992 was our last NC. Prior to that it was 1979. Yes, we've had very good years in between, but not much sustained success. So don't for a minute try and minimize what Saban has done at Alabama.

I think his legacy would have been better

Jan 12, 2017, 3:33 PM

had he left for Texas a few years ago and won a title there as well. winning one at 3 schools would be untouchable

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic