Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Notre Dame were to become a full member of the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If Notre Dame were to become a full member of the ACC

Jul 24, 2016, 9:51 AM

and the decision was made to go to 16 teams, who would the other team be. Could the presence of Notre Dame induce Penn State to leave the Big 10 and would the ACC want Penn State? Of course, getting any team to jump from the Big 10 assumes that the ACC television deal will result in comparable revenue, per team, to the Big 10, and it may not do that. Plus, I have no idea what the "pre-nup" is for Big 10 teams. Is Cincinnati a viable candidate? Although the Big 12 may go after the Bearcats. Who else might be candidates? South Florida? UConn?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texas after the Big 12 implodes***

Jul 24, 2016, 10:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame would want one of their yearly games.

Jul 24, 2016, 10:43 AM

Navy would be a good fit for the ACC and ND.

Re: If Notre Dame were to become a full member of the ACC

Jul 24, 2016, 10:52 AM

I would love it if penn st would jump on board. They have a fantastic following and their fans are pleasant

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: If Notre Dame were to become a full member of the ACC

Jul 24, 2016, 2:26 PM

Penn State almost joined last decade, for the fact the B10 offered hockey! The ACC had no fall back. Right now Navy or UConn would be the logical choices due to other conference GOR agreements. Penn State would make sense as would Rutgers or Maryland, but academically I don't see W. Va., UCF or USF getting invited. Either any listed above or Cincy would fit if the B12 split apart. Personally I would love seeing the ACC poach Vandy, UK or USuck from the SEC, but doubt they would depart.

Go Tigers!

16 without a full-time ND is also an option.

Jul 24, 2016, 10:53 AM

Never seen it mentioned but the ACC could take a D1 school that doesn't field a D1 football program. Example: Seton Hall, Providence....to make things even in BB and so on...

Notre Dame and Penn State would be ideal.

Jul 24, 2016, 10:57 AM

And would probably be the most likely expansion scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think south florida

Jul 24, 2016, 12:30 PM

Has 'issues' that will prevent them from being considered but perhaps not it hasn't hurt our friends in chapel hill!

I wonder if the NCAA will treat SF the same as the Heels have been treated for the last twenty years???

I can't really see Penn St leaving. I guess anything is

Jul 24, 2016, 12:52 PM

possible, but they would be leaving basically just for a change of scenery.

I want nothing to do with Penn St. The shouldn't even have a football team

Jul 24, 2016, 1:01 PM

at this point. To invite them to the ACC would be to turn away from their heinous history and condone the nonsense penalty they received for it. #### Penn St.

Though they aren't the ritzy pick, I'd say Navy also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I want nothing to do with Penn St. The shouldn't even have a football team

Jul 24, 2016, 1:04 PM

I heard something about Arkansas possibly leaving the SEC. Adding Notre Dame full time and adding Arkansas would be good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't mind a dissenting opinion, but at least have the ability

Jul 24, 2016, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I want nothing to do with Penn St. The shouldn't even have a football team ]

to articulate your position if you're going to td me.

null

Re: I don't mind a dissenting opinion, but at least have the ability

Jul 24, 2016, 1:58 PM

I think Penn State would have a big decision to make. The money would be close to the same and all their natural rivals (Cuse, Pitt) would be in the ACC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't mind a dissenting opinion, but at least have the ability

Jul 24, 2016, 2:22 PM

If Miami steps up their game, GT can get back to respectable play, and we could add Penn St and a full time Notre Dame, our conference moves to very very respected. You would have FSU, Clemson, Miami, Louisville, Notre Dame, Penn State, Georgia Tech, and North Carolina as good to very good football teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well from a recruiting standpoint - Maine or Deleware?***

Jul 24, 2016, 1:35 PM

If we had to go this route, I'd be happy with Navy.

Jul 24, 2016, 1:40 PM

They bring the most unique quality, tradition, and history - maybe not the best competition but a good fit otherwise.

I still really want to see us drop divisions though so we can up the rotation of who we all play. At 16 teams it would be even more beneficial to go that route.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it would be UConn if still available decision already made***

Jul 24, 2016, 1:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic