Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Logan Thomas finally makes some plays, can VT hang?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

If Logan Thomas finally makes some plays, can VT hang?

Aug 12, 2013, 8:50 PM

They should have the Defense to make Bama earn it if they can score and take care of the ball. You know Bud Foster won't be down for long. Bama has Zero respect for VT , are on a field they are used to winning the SEC annually, and have the aTm game circled .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Only if he grows a few more inches...otherwise not a chance***

Aug 12, 2013, 8:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could he be taller?***

Aug 13, 2013, 7:57 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Divine Intervention***

Aug 13, 2013, 7:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Logan Thomas finally makes some plays, can VT hang?

Aug 12, 2013, 9:00 PM

NO!

Aug 12, 2013, 9:02 PM

It would be huge for our conference. Bigger than Justin Bieber. All joking aside, there is zero chance. Thomas will not all the sudden just break out against Bama. He's horrible and a horrible team will waste a draft pick on him. Vtech is depleted at CB and RB. They aren't the same VaTech which we are acustomed to. They'll get routed.

It'll take a miracle for VT to beat Bama and

Aug 12, 2013, 9:18 PM

miracles do happen.

That game could get ugly *

Aug 12, 2013, 9:31 PM

nm

This season could be worse than last for VT

Aug 12, 2013, 9:21 PM

and could be the end or near end for Beamer, according to a Hokie fan I know. Retirement talk is out there instead of anything more embarrassing. He is almost 70, after all.

I've a lot of respect for that old buzzard.

Aug 12, 2013, 9:26 PM

I kinda knew he was gone when we beat them with special teams. Our special teams haven't been stellar in the past few years.

I'm sorry Coach Frank didn't retire while he was at the top of his game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guy was in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago.

Aug 12, 2013, 9:38 PM

Also won 4 conference titles the last 10 years.

2 bad seasons back to back and a poor bowl record

Aug 12, 2013, 9:46 PM

overall will prove to a lot of Hokie faithful that Beamer has passed his prime. Those who like him, just not as HC anymore, are the ones pushing the retirement idea. If he stands his ground it may be hard for the AD to push him. Of course, their AD is as old as or older than Beamer. They could both be nearing the end.

The game against Bama will be murderball. And it will start the tone with many lips a-flappin' about Beamer retiring.

Don't you think they are going downhill?

Aug 12, 2013, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Guy was in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago. ]

I know he's had a great career and good recient history. I'm not disrespecting what he's done in the past decade previous to the last couple of years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't you think they are going downhill?

Aug 12, 2013, 10:02 PM

2011 when they lost to us twice, they were ranked #5 at the time of the conference championship game and played in the Sugar Bowl losing in overtime on a questionable call.

They haven't missed a bowl game since 1993 and before last season they had won 10+ games every season since 2003.

How is that going downhill? To me that is just a ridiculous thing to say. Logan Thomas hasn't worked out like they wanted him to and that has hurt, but any talk of forcing Beamer out is a disgrace.

Right, some are very short-sighted

Aug 12, 2013, 10:08 PM

Some of these same people want to re-align the ACC divisions bc the Coastal wasnt good for one year while the Atlantic looked good last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is simply amazing***

Aug 12, 2013, 10:18 PM

4 of 9 in bowls since joining ACC

Aug 12, 2013, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't you think they are going downhill? ]

with the 2012 season being a real embarrassment - and not predicted to be as bad - capped off by an inexcusable squeaker in the something something bowl against Rutgers.

The arguments against Beamer are the same as those against TB. His teams had unexpected loses but managed to get to bowls frequently (although not as frequently as Beamer teams). But the point is simple. If this year is as bad as 2012, many Hokies will be very unhappy. Even their recruiting is starting to suffer.

Tommy was bowl eligible every year he was here...How much

Aug 13, 2013, 12:09 AM

better could Beamer's bowl frequency be? How do you beat 100%?

Same? How many ACC titles and 10 win seasons did TB have?

Aug 13, 2013, 7:18 AM [ in reply to 4 of 9 in bowls since joining ACC ]

The only reason 2012 (a 7-6 season) was an embarrassment was because of the level of excellence Beamer has had since he took over at VT. They are a program that went to 6 bowl games in their history before he took over. He has taken them to 20 including 6 BCS games since 2000. Not even close to comparable to TB.

It's like people here just don't understand how good of a coach the guy has been in his time at VT.

Funny how Beamer's first bad season in forever is "the end"

Aug 12, 2013, 9:32 PM [ in reply to This season could be worse than last for VT ]

That guy built VT into what they are today. This isn't a Bobby Bowden situation where the team underachieved for years and years they won 10+ games a year for 8 years in a row.

I don't think they have a chance against Bama, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't bounce back this season.

Honestly

Aug 12, 2013, 9:59 PM

I'd be delighted. I've been calling for LT to mature and become a great NCAA QB. I'm now thinking he may become an average NFL QB but I'm doubting he'll change much this year.

I'd love to see ole Frank coach until he wants to retire. Whatever makes the man happy.

VT's offense is terrible

Aug 12, 2013, 9:26 PM

That said, if they can play smart, not turn the ball over, and keep the game close on D they may get lucky. Their D is good enough but I just can't see their offense going out and winning the game.

VT needs a running game like they used to have.

Aug 12, 2013, 9:27 PM

Not sure (insert your favorite nfl QB) could help them. Their offense is built off of running the ball.

Logan Thomas will be...

Aug 12, 2013, 9:51 PM

wearing Heels and a Dress by halftime.
(Remembers Broadway Joe legs in that pantyhose commercial)

Alabama will beat VT like a drum - wil be bad***

Aug 12, 2013, 9:56 PM

Re: Alabama will beat VT like a drum - wil be bad***

Aug 12, 2013, 9:58 PM

IMHO Bama by 28-35; maybe more.. V/t will not score more than 7-10

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They remind me a lot of Notre Dane last year

Aug 12, 2013, 10:04 PM

So, no

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2013, 11:00 PM

That game will be over after the first quarter. Otherwise, GAMEDAY would be THAT GAME and not our game.

It is not a contest. LT can't grow tall enough.

better chance of unc upsetting coots

Aug 13, 2013, 12:25 AM

nfm

It would be a tall order....***

Aug 13, 2013, 7:02 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic