Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If KB played like TL did Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,202

If KB played like TL did Saturday

Jan 7, 2018, 9:44 PM

Just imagine all the crap he would have taken on here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the more reason HJ may get a shot***

Jan 7, 2018, 9:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All the more reason HJ may get a shot***

Jan 7, 2018, 9:49 PM

I would not just place TL ahead of him that is for sure. He has a year on him in the play book and is confident and has the skill. Bryant looked good to be a first year starter though and I believe he improves on his flaws this off-season. Pocket awareness and reading coverage as well as mechanics.

Re: If KB played like TL did Saturday

Jan 7, 2018, 9:50 PM

Trevor Lawrence won’t play like that at clemson. By the time he starts he would have had lots of practice with his teammates. In the army game he had a week to practice with them

Message was edited by: Jessy89

You seem a little confused.***

Jan 7, 2018, 9:52 PM

Jan 7, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: If KB played like TL did Saturday ]

Lol. It is a big difference that is for sure. That is also his first time playing against great athletes all over the field. College is a completely different game and he will have to learn it. He did great on the last drive though. No doubt he has amazing potential but doubt he just comes in and takes over for a ACC champion QB who just took his team to the playoffs. Tho many will try to argue that was all because of the D I know.

TL will be the best, or 2nd best(HJ) QB

Jan 7, 2018, 9:53 PM

The 1st day he sets foot on campus.

Re: TL will be the best, or 2nd best(HJ) QB

Jan 7, 2018, 8:20 AM

Maybe from a talent alone stand point.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:00 PM

Sorry dude. Didn’t mean to hit the TD.

Jan 7, 2018, 10:04 PM

It is okay. Not the first and will not be the last that is for sure. I hope TL becomes the best Clemson QB we have ever had and I believe he has a chance to be as good if not better than DW was I just think it starts the year after next if he beats out Johnson.

Jan 8, 2018, 2:26 AM

My goodness dude what a joke. TL hasn't been called the best prospect in 10 years because of his hair. What an over reaction to an All Star. Not saying he is coming in and will rule the world but I understand where he is coming in talent wise which may be at the highest point than any Qb Clemson has ever signed. We won't know until he gets here and starts practice but this kid is good, real good.

Jan 8, 2018, 8:26 AM

How is that a joke? I didn't say he played bad at all. He looked amazing from a talent stand point. I never said KB looked bad this year. Just imagine all the hate folks would give KB if he went 11-18 80 something yards 1 TD and 2 INTs. The kid is real good but that does not mean he comes in and takes over like many think. I hope he is much better than KB by his Junior year because if so we will for sure win it all because KB is good enough to get us there he proved that this year.

Jan 8, 2018, 2:34 AM

KB is also going into his senior year and still has trouble processing what he is seeing at times. That is what made DW4 so good is his ability to process and diagnose presnap and right after the ball was snapped. People can think what they want but KB is going to get only so good at throwing the ball. He isn't going to make such a jump from his junior to senior year that he couldn't make the previous 3 years. I love KB for what he did this year but he isn't going to put the team on his back and take them to the top. This year was truly a team thing.

Jan 8, 2018, 8:23 AM

As was last year.

Jan 8, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: If KB played like TL did Saturday ]

KB is a read option QB who cant read the option. I think the coaches went with him early on (rightly so) because he knew the system and would limit any big time mistakes. We kept winning, so they kept him in. If we went with HJ or maybe even ZC I do think we would have dropped a game earlier than Syracuse, but I also think we would have had a matured QB with more talent at the end of the season still winning the ACC and vying for a CFP spot. I think winning the ACC was our realistic goal this year to begin with. I am happy with that, but I don't think it should be unexpected to assume that at the very least a year into the system HJ would supplant KB or even a supremely gifted talent such as TL with a spring and fall practice to settle in. IMO its up to HJ and TL as to whether they play / start more so than KB. KB is at his potential...if HJ and TL put in the work in the off season then I would expect them to play.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,202
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic