Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If KB leads us to the CFP but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,496

If KB leads us to the CFP but...

Nov 12, 2017, 3:08 PM

We lose the first round....

I'm curious as to how good ole Tnet will respond.

Personally, I think regardless of "style points" wether we lose "Pretty" or not, I would call the season a MONSTER OF SUCCESS all things considered. Of course I want to win it all and do it convincingly but because I live in the real world.....

I for one will be pumping sunshine no matter what happens if we are in the CFP. Replacing nearly 100% of our offensive production and still finding a way in is something to be proud of....
IMHO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless I am proud of this team. I am proud of what Dabo

Nov 12, 2017, 3:14 PM

has accomplished as well. I am enjoying the journey as these are the best times of Clemson football and I haven't forgotten the 20 frustrating years between Ford and Dabo! But to answer your question, I will consider this a successful season. It might take me a little while after a loss though.

That said, I am not selling these guys short. They keep fighting, they just do! All their goals are still on the table with some already met.

Re: If KB leads us to the CFP but...

Nov 12, 2017, 3:22 PM

It will be a great season, 3 straight years to the CFP. How many fan bases can say that? Enjoy the ride even if it is a bit frustrating along the way. Winning breeds cynicism in some folks, nothing ever is good enough. For me the ride has been great! If you would have told most folks we would be 9-1 and ranked #4 nearing the end of the season after replacing all the offensive talent from last year most knowledgeable folks would have given you the side eye. It may not be pretty but an ugly win is far better than a pretty loss, especially nearing the season end.

I want to beat USuC. Anything else is icing on the cake.***

Nov 12, 2017, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

At least there are a few

Nov 12, 2017, 3:46 PM

Of us here who "get it"

Nov 12, 2017, 4:05 PM

You make the CFP and the season is a 100% success imo. No qualifiers needed. It's hard to win these things, 3 years in a row would be an amazing accomplishment

Nov 12, 2017, 5:13 PM

Those of us who can recall the 1960 - 1976 period followed by the Ford era appreciate where we are at the moment. I had anticipated a rebuild type of season purely based upon the personnel losses and yet even with injuries we are accomplishing tremendous succcess.

I will be quite happy to beat an improved Usuck program and play for an ACC Championship when one considers the schedule we played. Miami will not be an easy out so I could see us in CFP or the Orange Bowl and either way consider our season a great one. Recruiting will be essential to continue the Dabo era of achievement and these young fans best recognize what it takes every season to be this successful! Even the best programs see hard times. Just look at UF and UT, two historically winning schools.

Go Tigers!

Nov 12, 2017, 4:13 PM

Winning the ACC and making the Playoffs three years in a row is a huge success. Nobody thought we would be back in the Playoffs after the losses to graduation and the NFL. I think we'll have our hands full with Miami, given how they played last night. But I believe our guys will pull out the "W" and move on. What happens after that is just the icing on the cake. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 4:46 PM

Agree...i think we are a team that just does whay we have to do to win. We aren't flashy. I feel very confident at this point in winning the next 2 regular season games and beating Miami.

What a great time to be a tiger!!

Nov 12, 2017, 4:49 PM

Honestly, it would still be a monster season if we lost to Miami.

Nov 12, 2017, 5:07 PM

Probably right about that.

Anyone who has the lofty expectations of winning...

Nov 12, 2017, 4:58 PM

back to back National Championships is delusional.

I expect to not be embarrassed with a Clemson Teams' seasonal performance and beat USuCk. Right now we Clemson fans are sitting on the low side of the table, you know, where all the gravy ends up? I got a few more biscuits on the plate and I'm a happy boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic