Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would gladly pay $225 to ensure LD for big games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I would gladly pay $225 to ensure LD for big games

Apr 12, 2016, 2:06 PM

Every year I paid $30 for IPTAY and then camped out for every game, only to be pushed back in line for big games because of a larger turnout of the sometimes dedicated. Sure $225 is a lot more than $30 but to eliminate a large percentage of students who only care enough to show up for big games it is well worth it. If I used the amount of time I spent camping out to avoid getting Upper Deck seats I would have easily made the $225 to pay for next years lower deck guaranteed tickets.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

And I think this is what it boils down to right here.

Apr 12, 2016, 2:08 PM

Nice work

ROH

If I was a student, I'd be willing to pay 2,000 for lowers.

Apr 12, 2016, 2:15 PM

But I'm not a student.

Re: If I was a student, I'd be willing to pay 2,000 for lowers.

Apr 12, 2016, 2:31 PM

I'm sure if you up that to 30k they will let you be a student again and give you lowers.

null

If I was very wealthy between the ages of 23-30, I would go

Apr 12, 2016, 2:38 PM

back to Clemson as a student and hangout in a heartbeat.

It sure beats living in a tent for 5 days haha. I would pay

Apr 12, 2016, 3:07 PM

just to not do that 5 times a season.

Re: It sure beats living in a tent for 5 days haha. I would pay

Apr 12, 2016, 4:08 PM

I would be interested to know how many nights I was camping instead of in my paid dorm or apartment. I know my 5th year they started trying to limit camping out for basketball. Every year prior we camped almost a week for every football game and 1-3 days for basketball depending on the game. Of course it developed into a luxury over time with TVs, Air mattresses, video games, drinks (non-alcoholic of course), and an Atlas pizza or two. I will say the event got a little out of hand occasionally, but it made the game that much more exciting. Especially basketball where you camped all the way to game time and a mad rush to your seats.

null

Would it not be just as enticive to reward students who

Apr 12, 2016, 4:18 PM

show up more often to all CU sporting events, plus the "off" games in football, with preferential seating based on their support through being in the stands rather than ponying up extra cash? It's easy enough today to track all of that activity. The student that shows up early and stays for Wofford, plus shows up for soccer, mid-week basketball, etc. should be rewarded with the best seats for the higher demand games. At the end of the day, they'll appreciate it more and be more likely to go the duration.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson just opened a food bank for students

Apr 12, 2016, 4:19 PM

because there are so many who can't even afford food. I guess if they want to sit in the lower deck with their friends whose parents have money they can just sell some plasma or beg for change on the corner by TD's

Oh stop it

Apr 12, 2016, 4:25 PM

I really couldn't afford foot during several stretches of my college days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson just opened a food bank for students

Apr 12, 2016, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Clemson just opened a food bank for students ]

Now I will say I didn't believe you but went and looked up the article. I will still say that students that fall into that category have means for accessing food. If you can get into Clemson you can qualify for a student loan based on your salary after graduation. Sure it isn't great but join the rest of today's college grads who graduated with 50k in debt. If you play your cards right you can even get an extra $225 to get your student tickets.

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic