Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it just me or does this tick you off a little?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Is it just me or does this tick you off a little?

Jul 7, 2012, 3:20 PM

I know that he is a great recruit but this is getting a little crazy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/top-recruit-threatens-look-elsewhere-clemson-doesn-t-184812809--ncaaf.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously the people who say he should be kicked off

Jul 7, 2012, 3:39 PM

are fans of other schools that offered him. I'm sure they'd love for CLEMSON to set the precedent....like Auburn fans want us to make an example out of Sammy, "for the good of Clemson and college athletics", not so they have the slightest chance of beating us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously the people who say he should be kicked off

Jul 7, 2012, 3:44 PM

Its a case of he said/she said and both sides are pointing fingers at each other. Who's lying? Who knows. I know a bunch of outside fans will view RN as someone "that doesn't get his way, then will he take his ball and go somewhere else". When a high profile recruits, like RB, get in front of the media they need to be cautious of what they say or do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, they do need to be cautious but if you say anything

Jul 7, 2012, 3:51 PM

that can be taken out of context by the media (which is ### near anything today) they will use it to sell more papers. The lack of accountability from journalists today is disgusting. They print what they want without telling the whole story...unless the whole story adds to the, "stirring of the pot". He's 17 and new to the media spotlight and it was used against him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda like Marcus Dupree? Oh wait, the greatest RB was

Jul 7, 2012, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously the people who say he should be kicked off ]

run-off by an egotistical maniac! You know I'm talking Switzer here don't you!

Re: Kinda like Marcus Dupree? Oh wait, the greatest RB was

Jul 7, 2012, 7:50 PM

Pretty good article here

http://oudaily.com/news/2010/nov/09/story-marcus-dupree/

wow, how did you find this? people should be talking about this.

Jul 7, 2012, 3:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There is nothing to get mad about, AJC took one quote out of

Jul 7, 2012, 3:43 PM

context during an interview, and just placed that one quote in the article without showing all of his comments. RN has came out and stated that the AJC portrayed his statements in the wrong light. If you want to be made at somebody, be made at the AJC for trying to create a story that is non existent just because Clemson got the number one recruit in the nation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is nothing to get mad about, AJC took one quote out of

Jul 7, 2012, 3:49 PM

There is something in between that we don't know. RN said he was misquoted and AJC is saying that is what he said. Could RN has said that and now is trying to cover himself for his comments? Possible. Could the AJC took it out of context and are just a little tick? Thats possible too. The question is..who is right and who is wrong?

Jul 7, 2012, 3:54 PM

Why does there have to be a right or wrong here? Is it really that important.

Re: Heck, you are right. It is best that we don't know

Jul 7, 2012, 3:56 PM

everything.

Jul 7, 2012, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: There is nothing to get mad about, AJC took one quote out of ]

better question is who's lying and who's not?

Im gonna side with

Jul 7, 2012, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: There is nothing to get mad about, AJC took one quote out of ]

the rising senior in highschool. Kemdiche doesnt come across as this type of kid and coach conn doesnt run that type of a program.The writer for the ajc and the ajc itself has had an agenda ever since he commited to us to try and tarnish it

Why? All Yahoo did here was take the AJC article

Jul 7, 2012, 3:51 PM

and then tweek the headline for impact. Why do people not see though this? D@mn our society is stupid. Have you never noticed in Hollywood that anytime and actor/actress has a new movie, then all of a sudden they are getting a divorce, or are in rehab, or whatever gets them pub.....

There is usually an agenda behind most everything you see in the media. Companies place stories, the government does it, etc....

If I was Carter I would not go to Clemson even if they offer

Jul 7, 2012, 4:01 PM

ed. I would want to be my own man and it is not like he does not have an offer to go to school somewhere else

Jul 7, 2012, 4:22 PM

That certainly settles that!

Jul 7, 2012, 4:53 PM

So what if I was the #1 prospect I would probably do the same thing. Who can blame him!

Re: Is it just me or does this tick you off a little?

Jul 7, 2012, 4:57 PM

I really feel bad for Kemdiche...the media has hounded him like crazy...they just cant stand he committed to us so media outlets will do anything to try and stir the pot....even try to twist the youngmans words so they can makeup a juicy story to benefit themselves....pathetic

Re: Like everything else, you have to consider the source.***

Jul 7, 2012, 6:26 PM

Look at the kids game films...

Jul 7, 2012, 8:00 PM

I believe he could be someone who was overlooked because of the other talant on that defense.

He gets off blocks and loves to hit!

Let's trust the coaches.

Dont be so whimppy that the media makes your mind for you.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic