Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Flowers commits...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 5,202

If Flowers commits...

Feb 7, 2018, 9:18 AM

Since Flowers wants to play two sports (baseball and football), which sport does his scholarship count towards? Or is this not how this works?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Flowers commits...

Feb 7, 2018, 9:20 AM

He would have to be on a football scholarship, however, look for him to sign with Tennessee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just so strange to me, if you're interested in those

Feb 7, 2018, 9:34 AM

two sports why at this current time would you pick Tennessee over Clemson? In the last 10 years they've finished 5th in the SEC East twice and the rest were 6th place finishes (baseball), and I don't even need to mention the life champion dumpster fire football team.

But, if that's his decision then I hope he's successful unless they play us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes it's almost like these high school kids

Feb 7, 2018, 9:42 AM

look at more than just how the sports teams have performed on the field and instead they try to figure out what school is the best fit for them. You know, like the entire school itself and not just the athletic department. They look at majors they want to go into, locations/cities where they want to live, things like that. I know, it's stupid and idiotic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well good morning GWP, sounds like you woke up on the wrong

Feb 7, 2018, 9:51 AM

side of bob today.

Of course that goes without saying, I didn't think I needed to include the fact that Tennessee is located in that ######## called Knoxville and that their campus, dorms, etc. are no where near what Clemson has to offer.

There, you made me say it.

It's hard to fathom that anyone would prefer

Feb 7, 2018, 10:04 AM

living in a city like Knoxville over living in a small college town like Clemson. Just shows how dumb some people can be, especially in high school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I know right? It's like these high school kids were taught

Feb 7, 2018, 10:09 AM

nothing.

It's a good thing there are more people less like you...***

Feb 7, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to It's hard to fathom that anyone would prefer ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes it's almost like these high school kids

Feb 7, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Sometimes it's almost like these high school kids ]

As well as playing time in both sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football always takes the hit in the case of dual-sport

Feb 7, 2018, 9:20 AM

signees. That prevents teams from "hiding" players on other sports teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football always takes the hit in the case of dual-sport

Feb 7, 2018, 9:30 AM

So you are saying that Duke basketball could hide someone on the football team.

Feb 7, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Football always takes the hit in the case of dual-sport ]

For some reason, Flowers did not seem very interested in Clemson

Feb 7, 2018, 9:42 AM

I'm no guru but I feel like he may be in over his head at clemson right now having only played one year of football. UT may be a better fit for him currently...JMO

Feb 7, 2018, 9:45 AM

That's a good point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Accurate, It's the Bear Bryant Rule

Feb 7, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Football always takes the hit in the case of dual-sport ]

Because of Bryant, the Alabama baseball team was predominantly composed of football players. This was before the NCAA limited the number of scholarships for baseball.

Baseball only has 11 scholly's to offer for the whole team

Feb 7, 2018, 9:51 AM

I'm surprised more schools don't go with the 2 sport players to help BB and other non-revenue sports.

Because...

Feb 7, 2018, 9:59 AM

playing two sports at the collegiate level is unbelievably difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It ALWAYS goes against football! **

Feb 7, 2018, 9:59 AM

nm

Replies: 17
| visibility 5,202
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic