Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo says
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,522

If Dabo says

Dec 7, 2012, 10:09 PM

If we do lose to LSU, and Dabo says this season was still successful, I am going to slap him silly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if

Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 PM

if

if

Re: If Dabo says

Dec 7, 2012, 10:24 PM

Like the line from the movie "that's pretty big talk for a one-eyed fat man

Dec 7, 2012, 10:25 PM

I got news for you.... this season is still a success regardless.

I sat and talked with a coach in another sport who played collegiately and won a National Championship in football several years back.

He is VERY familiar with Clemson. I asked him what his impressions are. His reply was that Dabo is and is still developing into a very good coach. He doesn't read TigerNet and doesn't listen to all the negativity.

He said the main problem with Clemson is simply "youth." He said Clemson is still extremely young as a team, but that Clemson is truly building something that is going to be competitive for years to come. He said that what Dabo did when he took over is still hurting in the short term but is going to pay-off in the long term.

He did say that better athletes are now coming to Clemson, and as the younger ones get more playing time, Clemson fans will see the difference.

He thinks Clemson can and will compete with the best in the country within the next couple of years and thinks it will be that way for a very long time.

So you can take that for what it is worth!! But nice to hear from an outsider who is familiar with this program.

Dec 8, 2012, 6:40 AM

I got news for you.
You make some good points till you mention "youth".
Most good teams are young at some point.Bama was younger last this than this year,but will be going for NC # 2 in a row.
UGA was younger last season.They played for the SEC title a week ago.
South Carolina was yonger last year,and the year before,and the year before that.Dabo is 0 -4 since becoming the permanent HC.His "youth" never won a game against them.
At some point every team is young.Sorry,but that's a weak argument.
Oh,and when do you think we will start competing with the best in the country? Your coaching friend thinks with in the next couple of years.Boy ,that's encouraging considering that our next two games are against two of the best in the country this season.
Take that for what it's worth!
Oh,and no more outsiders please.Could care less what they think.They don't run the program.

Dec 8, 2012, 10:46 AM

Simply not true!! look at their key players and at key positions, they are primarily juniors and seniors who have come along and then step in and take over....

Dabo is building that at Clemson. Getting time on the field is key and that is what is taking place.

Dec 8, 2012, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo says ]

What else did you expect Spurrier to say to you? LOL, just kidding!

LOL..."I am going to slap him silly." I tend to think that

Dec 8, 2012, 6:49 AM

there might be an entire football staff and team that you may have to go through before carrying out your dastardly deed! Thus, I recommend you review your burial insurance policy. Or else consider the amount of liquid refreshments consumed prior to making such a post. Friday nights have a way of bringing out the beast in many people!

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's one for your Cyber Tiger: What do the five fingers

Dec 8, 2012, 7:12 AM

say to the face? S-L-A-P! Consider yourself Charlie Murphy-ed. Dabo is the head coach and what he says is true.. He wants us to win more than you do, but he also won't go on suicide watch if we lose. That is one thing I love about Dabo. The guy knows how to rally.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: Here's one for your Cyber Tiger: What do the five fingers

Dec 8, 2012, 8:44 AM

Dabo knows what to say to protect his paycheck! Trouble is, talking doesn't beat really good football teams and it doesn't make one either.

I'd like to see you try...I bet Dabo would whip your redneck

Dec 8, 2012, 7:19 AM

###!

Based on his players toughness, I doubt it.***

Dec 8, 2012, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

But we beat Baller State. How is that not successful.

Dec 8, 2012, 8:49 AM

We beat USuC in the first half too!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

My biggest issue with Swinney

Dec 8, 2012, 10:37 AM

is that he too often will consider a loss in public. What is the message to his squad? You are all great guys who might lose? You all get a trophy regardless??????

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,522
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic