Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo to Alabama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Dabo to Alabama?

Nov 20, 2015, 12:06 PM

Nah Clemson would dig deep in the pockets to keep him..http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/20/9767508/dabo-swinney-alabama-nick-saban-texas-charlie-strong-miami

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they not see him shed tears for the ground breaking

Nov 20, 2015, 12:06 PM

of the new facility. Dude ain't going nowhere

Wait

Nov 20, 2015, 12:43 PM

Are you Savage Tiger or just using his gave????

Re: Did they not see him shed tears for the ground breaking

Nov 20, 2015, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Did they not see him shed tears for the ground breaking ]

Dabo sure as h&ll ain't going no where, especially not before he has completed all his dreams he has had for Clemson. And surly not before his kids has completed college!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo to Alabama?

Nov 20, 2015, 12:15 PM

Clemson is a well oiled machine now. If Dabo left we would be fine winning brings recruits.

If Dabo left which I doubt I think Clemson would hire Chad

Nov 20, 2015, 12:28 PM

Morris as head coach

Re: If Dabo left which I doubt I think Clemson would hire Chad

Nov 20, 2015, 2:36 PM

Please say you were just kidding. With the shape Dabo has Clemson in, we could just about hire anybody we want. And hopefully Morris won't be in our want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmmm . . .

Nov 20, 2015, 12:24 PM

I think a place like Clemson has a lot of the advantages of a place like Alabama -(generally speaking, that is - there may be a difference of magnitude of course) - i.e. we have a bit rabid fanbase, good facilities, etc., without having the attendant astronomical pressure Alabama has. Pressure, but not of the same magnitude. And Dabo obviously likes the synchronicity with the administration. It would be hard to walk away from Clemson. And that could be the deciding factor there, that it would be too hard to walk away from Clemson, not b/c his alma mater wouldn't be attractive opportunity, but b/c he'd have to leave so much here- a comfortable spot- a baby he's nourished, etc.

Given the lure of one's alma mater, I wouldn't be overly comfortable about the matter, but I wouldn't be overly concerned either.

Bama has one negative everyone forgets. Expectations are

Nov 20, 2015, 1:12 PM

super high. Until Saban got there ( and started winning out of the gate ) almost all of his predecessors were judged by the fact that they weren't Bear Brayant, and soon sent packing because of it. Whoever eventually takes over when Saban leaves won't have much time to settle in as they'll expect the new HC to do the same as Sabn did. Good seasons wont be enough there, the fans and alums will settle for no less that the top of the SEC. A good coach could only see a couple of years there if he didn't quickly get the Tide back to prominence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly . . . and

Nov 20, 2015, 3:43 PM

even though Dabo is "upping" our expectations, they are still new at this level (or "anew" i.e. it's been a while), so it's not an entrenched thing. If we go to the play off and win the national championship, or go 14-1 or something, and have another elite year next year, then find ourselves a year or two later battling attrition, injuries, etc. and go 9-3, the fanbase won't assume that Dabo's lost his marbles. If Alabama went 9-3 it would be fodder for talk about Saban having lost his touch.

It's a hard thing to have to manage, and maybe in the near future we will have the same challenge. But you're right, at Alabama, Dabo would be stepping into a situation the FIRST year in which 12-0 or 11-1 and an SEC title would be expected, 10-2 would be disappointing, and 9-3 would be a disaster. That seems pretty off-putting.

Plus, we have much better academics, a classier fan base, and more supportive administration.***

Nov 20, 2015, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Hmmmm . . . ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

This is where his wife and kids call home

Nov 20, 2015, 12:46 PM

And he's relocated most of good and Kathleen (sp?) family here. They have roots here and aren't going anywhere. Notre at least until his kids are grown I would reckon.

Re: This is where his wife and kids call home

Nov 20, 2015, 4:20 PM

I happen to agree with you concerning Coach and his family but if college football history has taught us anything, its that money has turned good men into believing that taking the next step is nothing more than a bump in salary. I simply can't see that character in Coach, not after giving his message week in and week out. Is he the most brilliant mind in football, no he isn't but he may very well be the best at motivating his team and that is why great coaches surround themselves with those who understand what the head coaches job is! Goodness we have witnessed the growth Dabo has gone through and honestly its been an awesome ride, even during the 5 game slide and I hope we get to tag along on for as long as possible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will not leave Clemson until he's through coaching

Nov 20, 2015, 2:37 PM

He has found a home.

Re: Dabo will not leave Clemson until he's through coaching

Nov 20, 2015, 2:46 PM

Agree, I believe the Swinney's have planted some deep roots in Clemson, and they don't have any plans of digging any of them up either. That family has a great life in Clemson just like Danny Ford did. Danny coached at ARK, and he didn't go back to Bama when that was over, he came back to the place he loved more than Bama. He is right down the road from Clemson, and Dabo and his family will be also....

Nov 20, 2015, 4:10 PM

I agree too.

Just look at his situation and tell me one reason why the grass would be greener in BAMA? And being in the sec isn't a good reason.

Nov 20, 2015, 5:10 PM

I can tell you 7,000,000 reasons...

...I would HATE to lose him, but would YOU turn down double your salary for a new gig?

Just sayin'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 20, 2015, 2:45 PM

Coots pls go.

Nov 20, 2015, 4:29 PM

Good read!!!!!!!!

Maybe to visit family.***

Nov 20, 2015, 4:42 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe to visit family.***

Nov 20, 2015, 5:04 PM

Exactly, to visit the ones that isn't already some where close to Clemson!!! Coots have a terrible grasp of reading comprehension, they are believing Dabo to Bama from a hypothetical done by SBnation. Hey cooters, the article said, "What if" Charlie Strong went to Miami, Nick Saban to Texas, and Dabo Swinney to Bama? Never does it read Dabo to Bama, you idiots will jump for any life line even if it's connected to a spider web!!!

Nah, could not see that

Nov 20, 2015, 4:59 PM

Of course I said that about Charlie Pell.

I think the swinney family is bought in here.

He loves it, Kat loves it, his sons play ball here.

Could be wrong

Hope not !

Even Bowden was going to walk nekkid to Alabama

Nov 20, 2015, 5:54 PM

A&M

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic