Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson loses this game we are going to the Russell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

If Clemson loses this game we are going to the Russell

Nov 30, 2015, 9:54 AM

Athletic Bowl.

I feel pretty good about beating UNC but there's so much at stake for Clemson.

WE NEED YOU DEFENSE!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Any word about what's getting the defense out of position?

Nov 30, 2015, 9:56 AM

Play calls just missing, or are guys just having bad games?

Has anyone seen what defensive grades have been?

Clemson

If we lose this game, we could still be an at-large

Nov 30, 2015, 9:56 AM

to a New Year's 6 bowl so I don't think we would fall that far.

But lets not chance it.

a better clemson defense gave up 500 yards & 35 points

Nov 30, 2015, 9:57 AM

to this UNC offense last year in DV.

did UNC lose anyone from that O?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And a much WORSE VT defense...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:03 AM

held the tarholes to 24 points in regulation. Do you think VT is better this year at ANY position than Clemson? Aggressiveness tempered with discipline on defense, cut out the fumbles, and we will win.

I'm amazed at how scared some of you guys sound... like big gaping vajayjays you are.

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i believe they played an inspired game at home for frankie

Nov 30, 2015, 10:06 AM

beamer's last. yes i do.

isn't that what scar did to clemson this weekend passed?

who's scared? i simply pointed out a couple facts and here you are? doesn't appear i'd be the one that's scared in this situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we play an inspired game this weekend with Natty

Nov 30, 2015, 10:08 AM

hopes on the line.

i hope so too.***

Nov 30, 2015, 10:10 AM

Re: i hope so too.***

Nov 30, 2015, 10:11 AM

Actually no Russell

Fiesta
Sugar
Or Peach

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope so too.***

Nov 30, 2015, 10:11 AM [ in reply to i hope so too.*** ]

Actually no Russell

Fiesta
Sugar
Or Peach

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Multiple turnovers and a poor defensive showing...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to i believe they played an inspired game at home for frankie ]

let the coots back in a game that they should have never even been in. Make no mistake - we MUST fix the defensive brain farts this week in practice or we could be in for some trouble on Saturday.

That said, I think we have a lot to play for, even more than Frankie's last game. We are playing for a national championship. If a mediocre VT can hold the tarholes to 24 points, we can CERTAINLY match that defense and outscore them if we do what I said earlier.

I guess it's a case of glass half full vs. glass half vajayjay. I'm not scared of UNC. They're trying take something precious from us. They're then ones who should be scared... and I don't care who they have back on offense.

FT

Re: Multiple turnovers and a poor defensive showing...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:23 AM

FlyingTiger: I agree. I am sick and tired of all these safety blitzes and playing them up so close to LOS. In the past several games we have been burned repeatedly and we have a decent/strong defense without this risky set. Leaves the back wide open and results in either long gain or TD.with very few exceptions. Sure hope V has learned from this. If he hasn't I'm afraid UNC will eat us alive because of this.

i don't know what you are, save bothered enough by

Nov 30, 2015, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Multiple turnovers and a poor defensive showing... ]

a couple of facts to call someone else scared for running them out there.

seems emotional, which is especially good around valentine's day when vajayjay is on the line.

it's ok and i thank you, i expected the responses i'm getting. amazing how antsy some of you are.

relax and i agree, we have some things to clean up. if we're weary, we can sleep after saturday.

Nice attempt at deflection...

Nov 30, 2015, 11:18 AM

You really ARE scared, aren't you?

We played a flat, uninspired, tentative game (except for Deshaun Watson) on the road and won in regulation. It was a 2-TD win without the garbage time letdown on defense. UNC had to muster all they had to hold off a mediocre VT team and get to overtime.

UNC will get OUR best game on 12/5/2015. Let that comfort you.

you really are upset by a couple ~facts from a year ago...

Nov 30, 2015, 11:27 AM

it's ok, it appears you're not alone and can huddle together with the others for safety.

Re: And a much WORSE VT defense...

Nov 30, 2015, 10:44 AM [ in reply to And a much WORSE VT defense... ]

I understand VT held UNC to 24, but that has absolutely nothing to do with out defense... It's a different ball game, Unc can go out and score 40 on us does that make VT better then us?? No

I don't believe in that type of transitive property.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:03 AM [ in reply to a better clemson defense gave up 500 yards & 35 points ]

DW also had 6 TDs.

We just need the defense to play as well as they did against FSU and Clemson will win this game.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I completely agree....

Nov 30, 2015, 10:07 AM

and hopefully UNC plays as poorly as they did in the second half against NC State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

agree, who knows what happens? 2 different games 2 different

Nov 30, 2015, 10:10 AM [ in reply to I don't believe in that type of transitive property. ]

years, same OC vs clemson's DC, some things are equal, some are not.

i imagine both teams fire up the vid from that game.

i just threw out some facts for you guys to kick around.

Hopefully they crap the bed like they did against USCjr.***

Nov 30, 2015, 10:16 AM

honestly TW, i hope we both play our best games, that

Nov 30, 2015, 10:31 AM

way i'm sure clemson will win.

i don't want to rely on them playing poorly, i mean we can help them some in doing so, but i want clemson's A++.

i know we have it in us.

Re: If Clemson loses this game we are going to the Russell

Nov 30, 2015, 9:57 AM

A loss doesn't necessarily knock us out . We would still be in the discussion I suspect with OSU , Stanford and the MSU/IOWA loser.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree....

Nov 30, 2015, 9:59 AM

A win by UNC won't move them into the top four IMO so it's likely the Peach Fil-A Bowl for them which would probably send Clemson back to the Russell Athletic Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC champ would be in any legitimate playoff,

Nov 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

but unfortunately I think you're right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The ACC champ would be in any legitimate playoff,

Nov 30, 2015, 10:21 AM

Both teams play similar. They get out to leads and then look pedestrian with turnovers mixed in.

Would still be in top 10, we'd be in one of the 6 still.***

Nov 30, 2015, 10:01 AM

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Nope...UNC would get that spot ....

Nov 30, 2015, 10:03 AM

and Clemson would fall to the Russell possibly against Baylor, TCU or Oklahoma State.

ACC can get an at large as well.***

Nov 30, 2015, 10:05 AM

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

At Large At Worst....Still Could Be #4 Depending

Nov 30, 2015, 10:12 AM

on Other Teams Performance And Conditions of Loss. Agree Though That This is Super High Stakes Game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it matter right now?

Nov 30, 2015, 10:29 AM

Once the committee repositions the top 8 and if UNC ends up in that group like AP and coaches have them, then maybe there is a good argument that we stay in the New Year's bowl mix with a close loss. If Iowa loses maybe there is an argument for them to stay (1 quality loss). If Mich St loses the almost have to fall out of the top 8. Can we be ranked below Stanford with just one loss to a top team and Stanford having 2 losses? And on and on.

But for now I'm not even thinking about it. We have to beat UNC.

Unless Watson has 3 quick fouls called on him

Nov 30, 2015, 10:41 AM

and we lose 93-22

Naa, we still dont drop below January 1st Citrus Bowl, if that far

Re: If Clemson loses this game we are going to the Russell

Nov 30, 2015, 11:28 AM

No way we drop out of the top 10 therefore we would still get a New Years 6 bowl

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

If we lose a close game I predict we still make the playoff

Nov 30, 2015, 11:32 AM

Other than Bama, OU and the B1G winner, who would have had a better season than us? The committee has shown a reluctance to drop a team very far after a loss to a good team.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic