Topic: If Clemson is No. 1 tonight before Bama
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 30, 2018 12:45 PM by: Chicken Fried Tiger
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

If Clemson is No. 1 tonight before Bama

[2]
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 10:10 AM

Bama fans will be outside the selection committee room raising H3ll like the protesters/nut jobs at the Kavanaugh hearing

Re: If Clemson is No. 1 tonight before Bama

[2]
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 10:29 AM

It probably won’t happen but don’t be surprised if the committee jumps the Fighting Irish ahead of the Tigers. They have played a tough schedule and I know they are going to receive some ‘luv’!

i don't see that happening....

[1]
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 11:08 AM

according to sagarin SOS rankings ND is 45 while clemson is 34............Also, Clemson has 2 wins over current top 25 teams (cuse @ home, TAMU on road) while ND's only current ranked win is top 5 michigan at home, a very good win, but not sure it's enough to overtake what clemson's done.

sidenote: Clemson, Kentucky, & LSU are the only 3 teams that have more than one current top 25 win........and UK & LSU are 1-loss teams.

[1]
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 12:45 PM

Really, tough schedule? I guess I'm missing something.....

That have played a grand total of 1 ranked team (UM)

Have unimpressive victories over:

Ball State 24-16
Vanderbilt 22-17
Pitt 19-14

Don't believe there is any way ND jumps Clemson based on resumes to date.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 10:54 AM

I've always liked the Colley Matrix method best. Takes all bias away, what's your records against who have you played. It's not perfect, better than most.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

1. Clemson
2. Notre Dame
3. LSU
4. Alabama
5. Michigan
6. Georgia
7. Oklahoma
8. Kentucky
9. UCF
10. Florida

Alabama "should be" higher than 4, as it stands they haven't played anyone.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 11:01 AM

Isn't Colley the metric that awarded UCF the national championship last year?

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 11:21 AM

HAHAHAHA...Looking at that report, SC's best win is against Coastal Carolina.... Seems bout right to me!

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 11:17 AM

The ranking tonight doesn't matter..if Bama wins out they will be #1 at the end of the season when it does matter. They have LSU this weekend, Miss St, Auburn who might be ranked if they knock off UGA, and then SEC title game. We have BC left, who will prob be unranked after we beat them, and then potentially unranked UVA in ACCCG.

Besides, I'd rather be number 2/3 then play Bama again with a month of preparation time for Saban. Then again, non of this matters if we don't care of business vs the cards and the rest of our schedule.

hope not, we want to be 2 or 3 by seasons end.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 11:27 AM

We dont' want to play bama game 1 and then even if we win we are beat up. If bama loses they be #4 or if they win out they're #1. We want to play that big 10 or Notre Dame team first then play bama or whoever in game 2. So i'll be extremely happy with 2

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: Club Seats Iptay Section C114. 2 seats together. 600.00 each. Venmo, PayPal or Cash only. Will have ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1265 people have read this post