Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson goes 11-1 this season, who...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

If Clemson goes 11-1 this season, who...

Jul 24, 2013, 11:14 PM

would you like for the one loss to be too? Rememeber, they only lose one game, and win the rest. Where would you put the loss? Which team? I don't want to lose any, but just for argument sakes, who would you take the one lose from? I have my answer and its a good one, but first I want to see what you guys think. Also, explain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA. 1 loss to a #6 ranked SEC team...

Jul 24, 2013, 11:17 PM

Then win 10 straight including scar and the ACC champ.

NC State

Jul 24, 2013, 11:18 PM

They will lose at least two ACC games this year, and its early enough in the season that we can climb back up the polls.

I'll add to your NCSU pick

Jul 25, 2013, 7:49 AM

State surprisingly goes 9-3 this year. We go on to beat top 10 UGA, top 15 FSU, #24 S.Carolina(need em' to be ranked, but just barely), and a 10-2 #7 ranked Miami in the ACC Championship game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

My pick as well***

Jul 25, 2013, 8:22 AM [ in reply to NC State ]

Agree

Jul 25, 2013, 12:10 PM [ in reply to NC State ]

It will be important for recruiting to beat UGA and FSU as well.

FSU. Here's why.

Jul 24, 2013, 11:19 PM

We'd have a win over UGA to start the year, and then a win over SCAR to end it. I also thinks FSU drops two ACC games, letting us still get into the title game.

11-1, ACC champs with two wins over SEC teams could position us for a chance at a national title.

I don't trust the rest of the ACC or FSU's schedule for that

Jul 24, 2013, 11:20 PM

If we don't beat them then I' not sure where their other two loses will come from.

Re: I don't trust the rest of the ACC or FSU's schedule for that

Jul 24, 2013, 11:22 PM

Pitt could catch them in the opener. I think Miami will beat them, and they play at Wake who people are severely underestimating this year. People forget they had a shot to win the division in 2011 had we not, barely, beaten them.

I don't have a lot of faith in Pitt

Jul 24, 2013, 11:25 PM

And I'm not sure Miami's D is going to be good enough either. I don't see what you see in Wake. They surprised people in 2011 but a lot of that talent is gone and I don't think they have enough to beat FSU again.

I hope I'm wrong on all accounts but I'd much rather have our future in our own hands. Losing to SC and UGA would suck monkey balls but it wouldn't affect our ability to get to a BCS game.

Re: I don't have a lot of faith in Pitt

Jul 24, 2013, 11:28 PM

Wake returns a lot this year. Their talent was young in 2011. Tanner Price is a good QB, Josh Harris is solid at RB, and Micheal Campanaro freakin' destroyed us in 2011.

Miami will rip the Noles up on offense.

Re: FSU. Here's why.

Jul 26, 2013, 12:26 PM [ in reply to FSU. Here's why. ]

We would still have all that plus a win over FSU (hopefully ranked) as well as a ticket punched to Charlotte if our only loss is to UVA on the road.

UGA for a few reasons

For one it's so early in the year that we'd have plenty of time to build our rank back up by the end of the year.

Also while a big game other then NC situations losing to UGA doesn't hurt or expectations for the season which is to win the ACC and go to a great bowl game.

If we lose to FSU then winning the ACC is shot. And I don't need to explain about the Coots.

Even with a very close lose to UGA if we run the table then we have a puncher's chance of being in the NC game depending on how the rest of it falls into place.

UGA

That way we would be undefeated in the ACC and on an 11 game win streak.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

UVA

Jul 24, 2013, 11:20 PM

that would mean we would beat all of our rivals and we would still win the division and most likely the conference....but of course I really don't see how we could lose to UVA with our talent and coaching. I still think we have a good shot to go undefeated if we play to our full potential.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I'll go with a UVA

Jul 25, 2013, 11:04 AM

UVA = Road game; other division; will have already beaten UGA and FSU so drop in polls shouldn't be horribly devestating but will see the return of "Pulling a Clemson" by looking ahead in the media.

NC State = does have an appeal because it is early in season and more time to work up in the polls but not comfortable losing to a team in our division. It would also be - looking at things at this point - a more "respectable" loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we lose 1 all season including post season...

Jul 24, 2013, 11:22 PM

I would choose to lose the acc championship game and then play in the sugar and win. but you said 11-1 so that means you rae talking about one loss in reg season...
I would not want to lose to UGA even though that would be the best for us to lose, I live in GA and that would hurt.
I would definitely not want to lose a 5th one to SC, so scratch that one.
I am torn between FSU and another acc team. We don't need to lose to FSU again even though with a 11-1 record we still will be in a bcs bowl. If we lose to anyone else, it will look bad, like we pulled a CLEMSON.
I say just win em all!

I guess I will change my mind and say UGA anyway!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For you fellas that picked UGA, I have to respectfully

Jul 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

disagree. The LSU win did more for us than 3 Orange Bowl wins over the Salukis did for FSU. A Georgia win to follow up the LSU win would give us weeks of high time publicity. It would help turn the tide on the SEC. It would help us snare a couple more of Georgia's plum recruits. Yep, beat UGA and the coots and I'll take a loss anywhere else in the schedule.

True but a lose to FSU could lose us the ACC title

Jul 24, 2013, 11:26 PM

Then we'd be in the position of having defeated our rivals but risking the chance of not winning our conference, sound like anyone we know?

That being said if we were to beat UGA, SC, and FSU then any other lose wouldn't be enough to keep us from a BCS bowl bid anyway.

If we have to

Jul 24, 2013, 11:31 PM

Lose to a single team from the other division of the ACC.

That way we still win our division, and will have 3 "name" wins in UGA, FSU, and USC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only team from the other division that could beat us...

Jul 24, 2013, 11:32 PM

is GT. And I'm so sick of losing to them.

Eh, Maybe a question mark loss to UVA

Jul 24, 2013, 11:35 PM

Not saying it will happen, but if you made me choose a game, that'd probably be it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just can't see us losing to UVA.

Jul 25, 2013, 8:22 AM

I think the "W T F" losses are done with.

South Carolina State***

Jul 24, 2013, 11:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I gave you a point for this...CTB's Tigers may have actually

Jul 25, 2013, 10:35 AM

lost to SCSU with all the hype surrounding this team right now. It would have been "par for the course".

CDS's 2013 team is a horse of a different color. And, they're riding high off the CFA bowl win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't give him points...that just encourages him.***

Jul 25, 2013, 10:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i always found this very helpful when dealing with gwp...

Jul 25, 2013, 10:49 AM

GWP: Positive Reinforcement Training

Just say yes to training your lawyer with treats and praise

The Humane Society of the United States

Remember how happy you were if your parents gave you a dollar for every A on your report card? They made you want to do it again, right? That's positive reinforcement.

lawyers don't care about money. They care about praise … and food. Positive reinforcement training uses praise and/or treats to reward your lawyer for doing something you want him to do. Because the reward makes him more likely to repeat the behavior, positive reinforcement is one of your most powerful tools for shaping or changing your lawyer's behavior.

Rewarding your lawyer for good behavior sounds pretty simple, and it is! But to practice the technique effectively, you need to follow some basic guidelines.
Timing is everything

Correct timing is essential when using positive reinforcement.

The reward must occur immediately—within seconds—or your pet may not associate it with the proper action. For example, if you have your lawyer sit but reward him after he's stood back up, he'll think he's being rewarded for standing up.
Using a clicker to mark the correct behavior can improve your timing and also help your lawyer understand the connection between the correct behavior and the treat.

Keep it short

lawyers don't understand sentences. "Daisy, I want you to be a good girl and sit for me now" will likely earn you a blank stare.

Keep commands short and uncomplicated. The most commonly used lawyer commands are:

watch me
sit
stay
down (which means "lie down")
off (which means "get off of me" or "get off the furniture")
stand
come
heel (which means "walk close to my side")
leave it

Consistency is key

Everyone in the family should use the same commands; otherwise, your lawyer may be confused. It might help to post a list of commands where everyone can become familiar with them.

Consistency also means always rewarding the desired behavior and never rewarding undesired behavior.
When to use positive reinforcement

The good: Positive reinforcement is great for teaching your lawyer commands, and it's also a good way of reinforcing good behavior. You may have your lawyer sit

before letting him out the door (which helps prevent door-darting)
before petting him (which helps prevent jumping on people)
before feeding him (which helps teach him good meal-time manners).

Give him a pat or a "Good lawyer" for lying quietly by your feet, or slip a treat into a Kong®-type toy when he's chewing it instead of your shoe.

The bad: Be careful that you don't inadvertently use positive reinforcement to reward unwanted behaviors. For example, if you let your lawyer outside every time he barks at a noise in the neighborhood, you're giving him a reward (access to the yard) for behavior you want to discourage.
Shaping behavior

It can take time for your lawyer to learn certain behaviors. You may need to use a technique called "shaping," which means reinforcing something close to the desired response and then gradually requiring more from your dog before he gets the treat.

For example, if you're teaching your lawyer to "shake hands," you may initially reward him for lifting his grubby paw off the ground, then for lifting it higher, then for touching your hand, then for letting you hold his money grubbing paw, and finally, for actually "shaking hands" with you.
Types of rewards

Positive reinforcement can include food treats, praise, petting, or a favorite toy or game. Since most lawyers are highly food-motivated, food treats work especially well for training.

A treat should be enticing and irresistible to your pet. Experiment a bit to see which treats work best for your pet.
It should be a very small (pea-size or even smaller for little dogs), soft piece of food, so that he will immediately gulp it down and look to you for more. Don't give your dog something he has to chew or that breaks into bits and falls on the floor.
Keep a variety of treats handy so your dog won't become bored getting the same treat every time. You can carry the treats in a pocket or fanny pack.
Each time you use a food reward, you should couple it with a verbal reward (praise). Say something like, "Yes!" or "Good dog," in a positive, happy tone of voice. Then give your dog a treat.

If your lawyer isn't as motivated by food treats, a toy, petting, points or brief play can be very effective rewards.
When to give treats

When your pet is learning a new behavior, reward him every time he does the behavior. This is called continuous reinforcement.

Once your pet has reliably learned the behavior, you want to switch to intermittent reinforcement, in which you continue with praise, but gradually reduce the number of times he receives a treat for doing the desired behavior.

At first, reward him with the treat four out of every five times he does the behavior. Over time, reward him three out of five times, then two out of five times, and so on, until you're only rewarding him occasionally.
Continue to praise him every time—although once your dog has learned the behavior, your praise can be less effusive, such as a quiet but positive, "Good lawyer."
Use a variable schedule of reinforcement so that he doesn't catch on that he only has to respond every other time. Your pet will soon learn that if he keeps responding, eventually he'll get what he wants—your praise and an occasional treat.

Caution! Don't decrease the rewards too quickly. You don't want your lawyer to become frustrated.

By understanding positive reinforcement, you'll see that you're not forever bound to carry a pocketful of goodies. Your lawyer will soon be working for your verbal praise, because he wants to please you and knows that, occasionally, he'll get a treat, too.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/dog_training_positive_reinforcement.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice! I'll be sure to refer to this in my future dealings

Jul 25, 2013, 2:22 PM

with GWP. He has the ability to be obiedient..he just needs a little positive reinforecement.

i use sugar free treats; they don't keep him up at night.***

Jul 25, 2013, 2:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have to let him out during the night to pee, or is he

Jul 25, 2013, 2:26 PM

old enough to hold it?

Have to go GT

Jul 24, 2013, 11:44 PM

that Thursday night home loss will sting but we lose the least. we get quality wins against UGA, FSU, and USuC, I don't think people can hold a GT loss over our heads for too long. GT's also cross divisional, so going undefeated in Atlantic automatically gives us the division and ACC Champ berth. As far as national titles go, I very much doubt we get in with a loss. too much anti-acc bias. but GT is quality enough to justify the loss and the 3 quality wins will be hard to ignore plus if coastal winner gets ranked high enough and we win, that's just a boost to the resume.

Much rather lose to UVA***

Jul 25, 2013, 12:34 PM

it depends

Jul 25, 2013, 3:22 PM

If i'm only deciding if i'd rather lose to gt or uva, then yes the decision is easy to pick uva. we'd all rather have bragging rights over gt. but for the sake of the success of the season, if we are looking at a possible national champ bid and where these teams are projected to be, you have to go gt loss over uva loss. GT will likely be a better team and thus a loss won't hurt us as much in the polls. of course, if uva has a successful season and is higher ranked than GT, then we'll take that loss instead. but I don't think the one week difference in when we play the two teams will really matter if GT is the better team this year. Of course if we're not thinking national championship, than it's kinda moot anyway as I don't think we'll be upset with a 1 loss season to either of those two.

Why dwell in this negative thinking? California Dreaming

Jul 24, 2013, 11:46 PM

All in All the Way to Pasadena and if there is the one loss so be it!

Re: If Clemson goes 11-1 this season, who...

Jul 24, 2013, 11:46 PM

UGA in a nail-biter.
We fall to 15th-17th in the polls.
We win 12 straight, chips fall right, we still have a shot at the MNC.

Epic , 3OT heartbreaker to UGA

Jul 25, 2013, 12:25 AM

like 43-40 . We win the next 11 and whip FSU and Scar we would still need luck and a victory in the ACCCG , but a 1 loss ACC Champ like Clemson who hadnt lost since Aug 31st would be on tap for Pasadena my friends...book it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Easy, Georgia, we can still make the MNCG if we lose that.***

Jul 25, 2013, 7:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

UGA...we then beat a undefeated USC, who plays for the SEC

Jul 25, 2013, 7:54 AM

title and loses to LSU/Alabama/TA&M, we then defeat the SEC champions by two td's and win it all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat SC, I would prefer they win the SEC, then no SEC

Jul 25, 2013, 9:18 AM

team will be in the championship game.

There will be much gnashing of teeth and grown men openly weeping on air at ESPN.

What about we beat USC in November, we both win our conf.

Jul 25, 2013, 9:30 AM

championships and the stars line up right and somehow we play them again in the NCG and beat them again. Twice in one season would be great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as it makes me physically ill to say it, UGA

Jul 25, 2013, 8:21 AM

Pollsters are more forgiving of early losses, especially if you put together an 11-game win streak afterwards. Most polls would forget that loss after we beat SCar.

Next most logical choice would be Wake Forest. It's an early-season game, and even though it would hurt us in the tiebreaking process, I don't see Wake getting through the rest of their schedule without losing 2.

UVA would be the next most logical choice. The problem there is that it's so late in the season that we'd never recover. We'd drop at least 10 spots in the polls, somewhere between 15 and 20,and wouldn't have enough time to recover, just missing out on any hopes of making a BCS #1 or #2 slot.

The problem with picking NC State is that their conference schedule is pretty easy too--their cross-division games are UNC and Duke. The only teams besides us that pose a serious threat to them are FSU and UNC. They could easily go 7-1 in the conference, and they'd hold the tiebreaker...unless there were a 3-way tie with them, us, and FSU. Then I have no idea who would go to the ACCCG. From what I can find, that tiebreaker scenario would go all the way down to "highest BCS ranking".

I am with Spud on this!

Jul 25, 2013, 9:00 AM

Beating UGA to START the season is paramount to a great year.
That is an ESPin Gameday National spotlight game. Recruiting hinges on it, as does continued respectability. Curbstomping them is a must!!

Losing to USuCK for a 5th straight is unacceptible. Losing to Syracuse or NCSU would be the only options for "1 loss" IMHO!!

Go Tigers!!!!

Re: I am with Spud on this!

Jul 25, 2013, 10:09 AM

Forgot all about Syracuse...yeah I'd put them in front of NCSU or UVA.

fsu...don't ever want to lose to the SEC again***

Jul 25, 2013, 10:31 AM

OK my pick is Virginia....heres why

Jul 25, 2013, 12:42 PM

First of all, if we only lose to Virginia, we are going to the ACC Championship game. It is mathamaticly impossible for us not to go (unless some sort of probation) Virginia is in the other division, which elimiates any head to head battles, everyone in our division will have at least one loss as well, to us.
I don't want to loss to Georgia. For one, their fans are all around us and always put us down for being Clemson fans. Plus, starting the year with a major win over and SEC power will firmly place us in the top ten. Not to mention HUGE media press for us.
Next, I don't want to lose to SC State or Citadel because it would make Clemson a laughing stock.
NC State, Wake, FSU, and Maryland are in our division, so I don't want any losses there just to make sure there is no head to head conflict. Same with Syracuse, plus I want to pay them back for that bowl game, and I want to welcome them into the ACC by showing them a beatdown. We can lose to GT and still go to the ACCCG, but they are more of a rival than UVA. And of course we need to stop the bleed with our chicken friends from Cola town, not to mention they will likely be highly ranked at the end of the year, and it will be a huge win and give us a big shot in the rankings. not to mention the great media coverage. I know Virgina is in November, and I can see some logic in maybe a NC State sine they will not likely be in the ACC race, but I think I will still take that loss on Nov 2nd and use the wins over GT and SC to get us back in the spotlight.

I might also want to add...

Jul 26, 2013, 12:31 PM

I wold like to win all the home games. Losing to UVA will not hurt that, will send us to Charlotte, will give us 3 major wins over top ranked teams (UGA, FSU, and USCjr) and although the loss IS in November, we will be very higly ranked and still have a few weeks to climb back up. And earlier loss would mean we would fall further and even with more time might not make it into the top 5 (see last year when we lost to FSU...we never made it to the top five)

Anybody but the chickens. SC State would be ok by me.***

Jul 25, 2013, 12:44 PM

UGA. It's been proven over and over and over again

Jul 25, 2013, 1:57 PM

that the earlier you lose the better. It really SHOULDN'T matter but it does.

Just like Bama losing in November... It all depends on who.***

Jul 25, 2013, 2:19 PM

Virginia on the road. Georgia makes sense if you're

Jul 25, 2013, 2:34 PM

assuming we'll have a shot at the National Championship game with one loss. If not, give me the loss that doesn't damage the reputation of Death Valley, doesn't diminish the conference, doesn't hurt our chances for the ACCCG and minimally impacts recruiting. I'd honestly rather give the SEC two black eyes than HOPE that we get in the National Championship game with a loss.

null

100% agree with the black eye comment***

Jul 26, 2013, 12:23 PM

Jul 25, 2013, 2:43 PM

I have 2 candidates for our 1 loss. Both Away Games NCST and SCAR either one.

Jul 25, 2013, 2:44 PM

Aaron Murray Cant win Big Game.

You want Clemson to lose to USC for a 5th straight time?***

Jul 25, 2013, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If Clemson goes 11-1 this season, who... ]

Re: You want Clemson to lose to USC for a 5th straight time?***

Jul 25, 2013, 3:29 PM

No but If i had to put money on it I would choose that game due to All that SCAR returns and its a Home game for them. I wouldnt want us to lose but if i had to pick one team that be them

I think the original post was that if Clemson went 11-1,

Jul 25, 2013, 3:45 PM

who would you want them to lost to and not who you think they will lose to. I agree that the USC game will not be easy, especially at WB, but I don't want them to beat us again. I've got to have bragging rights at home. My wife has been crowing the last four years.

Re: Re: You want Clemson to lose to USC for a 5th straight time?***

Jul 26, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: You want Clemson to lose to USC for a 5th straight time?*** ]

I think you missed the point of this thread.

There's something in these hills.

Like a loss?

Jul 25, 2013, 4:19 PM

I see what you're saying...

BUT,

Syracuse makes me alil' nervous.

Anyone but South Carolina.***

Jul 26, 2013, 12:24 PM

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic