Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Cincy Makes Playoffs and O310 is Left Out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,614

If Cincy Makes Playoffs and O310 is Left Out

Nov 29, 2020, 1:00 PM

I cannot imagine how many Bucknutz would drink bleach and off themselves. Would make Hilton Head a much better place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bucknut fans think they are entitled to

Nov 29, 2020, 1:06 PM

the spot no matter if they only play 6 games and only two being against teams with a winning record

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The CFP committee already confirmed...

Nov 29, 2020, 1:12 PM

that the number of games played will NOT be a factor that is considered. The chairman specifically said, "the committee's job is to select the best four teams" which means O cry O State will get in even if they only play four or five games which is a complete load IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The CFP committee already confirmed...

Nov 29, 2020, 1:18 PM

They should stop now then. And ND should balk at playing the ACCCG, esp. if the Conference has already said they would award the Championship even if the game isn’t played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

ND won't play us in a championship game

Nov 29, 2020, 2:40 PM

there is zero advantage for them to do so. All they have to do is cry covid and hipaa laws protect them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats why I HATE the "four best" language

Nov 29, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to The CFP committee already confirmed... ]

Its complete nonsense. There still has to be a standard to meet on the field. That selection language gives teams a pass on actually performing on the field and a loophole for the committee to just essentially pick whomever they want. Frankly OSU hasnt looked like a top 4 to me, but we are just going to throw them in the playoff because we THINK they are one of the 4 best? Absurd.

Agree. It’s never bothered me before because ultimately

Nov 29, 2020, 2:38 PM

the language translated to excellence on the field (for the most part). Just a little wiggle room so that they could put two SEC teams in if they thought they deserved it.

But now it’s being translated to a team playing five games getting in when others play 10+. That’s frustrating. There has to be some practical evidence of excellence through the season.

null

Re: Thats why I HATE the "four best" language

Nov 29, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Thats why I HATE the "four best" language ]

The Ohio State AD came out and said that they they didn’t meet the criteria to cancel the game according to the protocols but decided to anyway because of the increased Covid numbers in the Columbus area. So it sounds like anyone can cancel if they feel like it. The best part is that he may have torpedoed his own team.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,614
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic