Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Brain Kelly thinks his team can handle the crowd noise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,196

If Brain Kelly thinks his team can handle the crowd noise

Sep 30, 2015, 8:47 AM

Then he's stupid and doesn't know football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Brain Kelly thinks his team can handle the crowd noise

Sep 30, 2015, 8:49 AM

He may be half right, they've been rigorously practicing "sound-free" fast-paced calls. Whatever that means.

He also called Artavis Scott "Dodd" and said he had not

Sep 30, 2015, 8:50 AM

started game planning for Clemson yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He also called Artavis Scott "Dodd" and said he had not

Sep 30, 2015, 8:53 AM

As soon as one of his players gets stiff-armed by a zig-zagging Kevin Dodd after he catches the post-corner, he'll have no choice but to eat his words.

Sep 30, 2015, 8:53 AM [ in reply to He also called Artavis Scott "Dodd" and said he had not ]

Let him be in the dark. They need a stark awakening. I understand that ND has a strong team, but this will be a tough environment. Unless we completely fall apart, we have the ability to win this game! I have tons of faith in this team, and their mental toughness. We have shown (Louisville game) that we can complete and compete for four quarters of football.

Sep 30, 2015, 9:01 AM

This team will not let a redshirt freshmen QB come in DV and beat them, period. Go Tigers!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 9:03 AM

He's a good player, but this will be a tough environment for him. I think you're spot on.

Sep 30, 2015, 8:55 AM

I said the same thing about Florida State when they came in stomped us. The noise helps, but a good team won't let it get to them too much.

Sep 30, 2015, 8:57 AM

Agreed. The noise can definitely help, but it's not necessarily the straw that breaks the camel's back. We have to play perfect football for four quarters against this team. I think we have the skill and mental toughness to pull through. I'll be driving up from South Florida on Friday night (10.5 hour drive) to see this game. I fully plan to lose my voice.

I agree, we can't turn the ball over right out of the gate

Sep 30, 2015, 9:08 AM

and we can't let them get up by 2 scores and take the crowd out of the game early.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: If Brain Kelly thinks his team can handle the crowd noise ]

You're right, there are so many similarities between the fighting Irish and 2013 FSU that's it's scary.

I hope Dabo took notes last time, because a lot of Coots' season is hanging in the balance.

Sep 30, 2015, 9:55 AM

What? 2013 FSU steam rolled everyone leading up to the game. They didn't need a last second hail mary to beat a team like Virginia. They went up to Pitt and blew the doors off them, and skunked Maryland 63-0.

All the sharps were betting on FSU that year. 70% of the bets were on Clemson and the line was still moving in FSU's favor. (meaning most of the money was on FSU) I just don't see any similarities between the situations.

noise is only a distraction. At best we force a time

Sep 30, 2015, 9:00 AM

out or cause a penalty or two. I think the noise is most beneficial for firing up our players, not hurting the other team. Most teams are already using silent counts...they don't need to hear anything.

If you think noise is going to change this game, it's you who "doesn't know football"

No offense, but what is he supposed to say? "You know

Sep 30, 2015, 9:03 AM

there's no way we'll be able to get a play off. Our guys will be so intimidated."

I don't think he's an a hole like Devine was.

That said, I don't think he knows what in store for the Lepercans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't need to worry about the crowd

Sep 30, 2015, 9:04 AM

He needs to worry about the Tiger D in his QB's face and Watson making his CB's look silly.

It will be up to our team, noise only becomes a factor

Sep 30, 2015, 9:07 AM

when the home team creates adverse and pressure situations for the opposing team IMO. I think initially all good teams can block out the noise. It is not until a turnover or home team getting up early or some sort of momentum swing to the home team that then adds pressure to the opposing offense where they lose focus a little and press that then causes their composure to crack allowing noise to enter. If its a back and forth and they stay close then I think the noise is not as much of a factor until the end.

The Majority On This Thread

Sep 30, 2015, 9:20 AM

are highly questionable

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

????***

Sep 30, 2015, 9:24 AM

because we don't think that the crowd scores touchdowns

Sep 30, 2015, 9:28 AM [ in reply to The Majority On This Thread ]

and plays defense? Or questionable like your sister?

Re: because we don't think that the crowd scores touchdowns

Sep 30, 2015, 9:38 AM

is that your idea of funny kid? questionable means i question the motives. if i decide to point out who - i'll let you know.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 30, 2015, 9:28 AM

I guess Kelly doesn't know that it's dangerous to wave a red flag at the bull! Or should I say an orange flag!

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,196
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic