Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Boyd is serious about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If Boyd is serious about

Nov 29, 2012, 12:45 PM

pursuing a pro career now do you bench him for the bowl game and get a head start on next year with someone else? I know this will not be done and Kelly has a good shot at being the qb next seasonm but I would consider it if I were the coach. Boyd needs another year in the system, especially if Morris leaves, so I hope he learns from the NFL that he isn't quite ready.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Boyd is serious about a pro career...

Nov 29, 2012, 12:46 PM

He better stop crapping his pants against the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "ranked opponents"***

Nov 29, 2012, 12:49 PM

I literally LOL'd***

Nov 29, 2012, 12:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: If Boyd is serious about a pro career...

Nov 29, 2012, 12:51 PM [ in reply to If Boyd is serious about a pro career... ]

> He better stop crapping his pants against the coots.

Sounds like you are full of crap!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is quite possible...

Nov 29, 2012, 12:56 PM

But I did not stain by britches on national TV this past Saturday.

Should I purchase you an official ACC keepsake souvenir or a tshirt with Spurrier's picture on it with the caption "You give good love to me?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that is quite possible...

Nov 29, 2012, 5:22 PM

"But I did not stain by britches on national TV this past Saturday.

Should I purchase you an official ACC keepsake souvenir or a tshirt with Spurrier's picture on it with the caption "You give good love to me?""

You're blaming Tajh for getting sacked 5-6 times? You may be able to blame him for 2. I blame the coaches for thinking anyone on our line could go one on one with Clowney. You don't have to like the guy, but you may have to show him respect next time.

He won't have to play them (nor the SEC) in the NFL though

Nov 29, 2012, 1:00 PM [ in reply to If Boyd is serious about a pro career... ]

And we all know the NFL is a step down from the SEC.

-FGF

Re: If Boyd is serious about

Nov 29, 2012, 12:46 PM

I think you do what you did in 2009. You let him play a half, and if for some reason he lays an egg and isn't playing well, you go with Stoudt in the second half.

But that's only if Boyd declares for the draft.

I guess we shouldn't allow

Nov 29, 2012, 12:47 PM

any seniors to play in their last game either to start getting players ready for next year. Guys should be rewarded for the time they put in.

Kelly is the QB after Boyd leaves and I don't think we want

Nov 29, 2012, 12:47 PM

to burn his redshirt on the bowl game. I think Tajh will be back :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Kelly is the QB after Boyd leaves and I don't think we want

Nov 29, 2012, 12:50 PM

This is what I would like to happen.

Start Boyd next year. Let Kelly get some special packages a la Tebow. And then when Boyd leaves, you have Kelly for 3 years, a capable backup in Stoudt (assuming Stoudt doesn't win the job, which is a reasonably realistic scenario).

You can redshirt Watson, too. We'll be set at QB for the next 7 years.

Re: Kelly is the QB after Boyd leaves and I don't think we want

Nov 29, 2012, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Kelly is the QB after Boyd leaves and I don't think we want ]

I assure you that Kelly will not play in any bowl game this year. That is why I worded my post as I did.

No

Nov 29, 2012, 12:50 PM

That would be ungrateful.

No.***

Nov 29, 2012, 1:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

his biggest hurdle will be learning how to operate under

Nov 29, 2012, 1:09 PM

pressure. the nfl will is not a sit in pocket and find your man league for a young qb. Not saying its easy but thats why we can't beat scar...they pressure him and harass him and it effects his poise in the pocket.

DA post of the day .... oh wait, there are a bunch of those

Nov 29, 2012, 1:11 PM

today

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 1:45 PM

First, I highly doubt he'll grade out above 4th-5th round. Which I think would make him stay at school.

Second, the deadline for him to declare for the draft is after the bowl game. So unless he decides against it we likely wont know for sure until after the game.

Third, Why bench him? Should we bench nuk and our seniors based on your assessment?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Tajh is just testing

Nov 29, 2012, 4:11 PM

the water. I don't blame him. He is serious about wanting to play in the NFL. He is not ready yet and don't worry - he WILL be back next season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That may be the stupidest question i've ever heard on here***

Nov 29, 2012, 4:13 PM

Re: That may be the stupidest question i've ever heard on here***

Nov 29, 2012, 5:14 PM

The point being .... if he thinks that he is good enough to play in the NFL and is dead set on leaving the program, then let him know that life at CU will go on. I was just making a statment. Of course, it isn't going to happen.
And for the record, there are a LOT of stupid post on this board and most deal with getting rid of coaches or the president of the university or, more recently, the joy of smoking dope! Have a smart day.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:14 PM

While I generally thumbs up you. But on this I heartedly disagree. Dabo just came off a loss and definitely does not want to spend the winter with another season ending loss. Nor does Clemson!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic