Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again

Nov 21, 2018, 1:01 PM

Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again

The last time South Carolina visited Death Valley, the Gamecocks made the bus trip back to Columbia seething over a 5-67 thrashing at the hands of a Clemson team that would eventually win the National Championship. And while they won’t quite get into the “Never Again” territory that Jake Bentley uttered later, they are determined another beating like that won’t occur. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never, never, ever again***

Nov 21, 2018, 1:02 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never, never, ever again***

Nov 21, 2018, 1:33 PM

Don't EVER NEVER GIVE UP, Gamecoots!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its clear that Jacob August is the next

Nov 21, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Never, never, ever again*** ]

chicken Mensa candidate.

what an assortment of losers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its clear that Jacob August is the next

Nov 21, 2018, 2:21 PM

Who is Jacob August? Associated with USC?

Nov 21, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Never, never, ever again*** ]

I just think we should approach every team as though they were the New England Patriots. Frank Howard once said, "I'd rather start at the back of the room and move to the front, rather than start at the front of the room and move to the back." I agree.

Nov 21, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Never, never, ever again*** ]

Okay, going out on a huge limb, Clemson by 21. OmG, my stomach churns as I type this.

Nov 23, 2018, 5:13 AM

I'm sure it does churn, being a coot fan is hard these days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Never, never, ever again*** ]

Clemson by 21.

5-67 Thrashing huh?

Nov 21, 2018, 1:02 PM

I mist that game

Re: 5-67 Thrashing huh? That's even better than 63-17!

Nov 21, 2018, 1:18 PM

But dang, we gave up a safety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5-67 Thrashing huh?

Nov 21, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to 5-67 Thrashing huh? ]

"Mist" is a light rain.

Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again

Ok how about 63-17 ?

Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again

Nov 21, 2018, 3:02 PM

What does that have to do with this year? Okay, I'm hoping for a wipe out, but to assume it, seems foolhardy, and simply providing Carolina material to put on their locker-room bulletin board. Stupid!

Nov 22, 2018, 12:05 PM

Like they can even read the locker room material ??

This chip didn't help much last year.

Coots must have a defective

Nov 21, 2018, 2:26 PM

memory chip. Plumb forgot about last year. Guess their rent check bounced, so twice the rent plus late fee due Saddy Nite in DV.

Nov 21, 2018, 1:19 PM

Uh...Boys...WE will decide how much you will lose by...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 1:23 PM

??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 2:28 PM

What offense are you talking about? Ours? The one with the very average OL?? Jeez, If Duke matches our depth, they probably win the game! In the first half, they torched us on the LOS.

Nov 21, 2018, 6:23 PM

Nobody freaking likes or your sour puss troll attitude.

Crump, this dude is in dire need of a timeout!

When did your SCU team play Duke?***

Nov 21, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 5:18 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

Dude, stop with the "we" crap. You're not fooling anyone. Do you clowns HONESTLY think this is going to be a 4 quarter game? Hahahahahaha

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

Huh? Did you happen to watch our game against "mighty" Duke, who blew us off the LOS until our sheer numbers wore them down?

Nov 21, 2018, 2:19 PM

that is not what happened....score should have been 21-6 halftime...drop passes affected the game....but Duke came to play...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 5:19 AM

Shhhhhhhhh, coot cannon doesn't understand football. Now, if you wanna talk wimmens basketball, go for it.

"mighty" Duke better than uscjr so there's

Nov 21, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

that.

35-6 is a very dominant win on both sides of the ball, I mean it’s not 56-7

Nov 21, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

or 63-17, or 45-0 but then again it wasn’t like we were playing your coots.

Nov 22, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

Huh? So Dook ran out of gas after the FIRST QUARTER? Really??? Do you even football?

Here is a hint for you: CBV summed Dook up during the first qtr, made adjustments, and shut them down while pounding on Daniel Jones repeatedly. Our RUN game intensified after making the proper adjustments and the holes opened up as expected. You missed all of that - huh? Bless your heart.

Nov 22, 2018, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

If y’all dont remember ole dgcannon39 is a Ohio State 0 - 31 fan and is very jealous of our being undefeated again. He’s trying to spread some of their sad situation and losing to big blue on us.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 21, 2018, 1:24 PM

They don't understand how ridiculous they sound. Okkkk 56-7 shouldn't happen back to back games in the same place....if it did play the lottery. But their logic is if they lose 45-13 instead.....they'll say, "see I told you so!I feel we improved and guys never gave up"

That Coot Logic

Bless their hearts !!!

Nov 21, 2018, 1:33 PM

Sounds A LOT like never again !!!!

We all know how that worked-out for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What impresses me is how the dirt pec kers have used the

Nov 21, 2018, 1:36 PM

fire and energy behind that epic beat down as a chip on their shoulder to propel them to.....two more years of absolute mediocrity

Lol, like they can do anything about it!

Nov 21, 2018, 1:37 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

How much would our second team beat them by?

Nov 21, 2018, 1:37 PM

Serious question...
Rest ALL of our starters. Only play our 2nd and 3rd teams.
How much do we still win by?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much would our second team beat them by?

Nov 21, 2018, 1:43 PM

Ha. That reminds me of a story someone told about Satchel Paige in the old N Baseball League. He was upset over something one of the opposing team members did, and he told his entire infield and outfield to sit on the ground all game long. No opposing batter got a single hit in the entire game.

I think that quote from Jacob August sums coot mentality up

Nov 21, 2018, 1:40 PM

nicely. I have no idea what that #### meant.

How much they lose by is not fully within their ability to control. How they handle it is.

How much they lose by is not fully within their ability to control. How they handle it is.

Nov 21, 2018, 1:42 PM

Sorry for the triple post.

#$@%&%# dumb phone

Nov 21, 2018, 1:41 PM

I ain't skeered or is I ??? I bees tough !!!! Ain't gona fall for that junk ???

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh....that's what they meant by "Never Again".

Nov 21, 2018, 1:41 PM

So they are going to melt the clock each possession to keep our offense off of the field. Limits our chances of 56-7 again. They're not that dumb after all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: oh....that's what they meant by "Never Again".

Nov 21, 2018, 2:09 PM

Hard to melt the clock much when you continually go 3 and out.
I think it's gonna be a long night for the coots.

Nov 21, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to oh....that's what they meant by "Never Again". ]

That was their strategy in the Spurrier era and it worked really well. Unfortunately for them, this isn't the Spurrier era. The way the teams have trended since then is quite staggering. Honestly, with all the talent coming in to Clemson coming in annually, I don't see this streak ending any time soon.

Nov 21, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to oh....that's what they meant by "Never Again". ]

That was their strategy in the Spurrier era and it worked really well. Unfortunately for them, this isn't the Spurrier era. The way the teams have trended since then is quite staggering. Honestly, with all the talent coming in to Clemson coming in annually, I don't see this streak ending any time soon.

Nov 21, 2018, 1:58 PM

I'll admit to being to being a little worried about this game because of the over-confidence I'm sensing on this thread. I can only hope that our players are not embracing this view. Dabo stated it very accurately when he said that in age of parity, virtually anyone can beat anyone----and this is especially true in rivalry games. We just came off playing our worst game of the season against a very so-so Duke team. Carolina will come out against us with their hair on fire, and have nothing to lose---which makes anyone dangerous. And they are not Duke, which means that we can't sleep-walk through the first half, and have a reasonable expectation of winning. IMHO, We are nowhere near the 2nd best team in the country, especially with an OL that is highly suspect. I'm hoping to see us swamp Carolina, but am trying to maintain a reasonable perspective. Given our subpar performance against a weak Duke team, I dearly hope that we were looking ahead to Carolina.

Nov 21, 2018, 2:11 PM

Your lack of faith is disturbing.

Easy explanation... It's COOT faith.***

Nov 21, 2018, 3:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

She is a coot troll.
Pay no attention to her. All negative posts = a Coot from U5C

Nov 21, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

who have you been watching? First Clemson is not the # 2 team in the country they are by far the # 1 team on the country and time will prove it!
2nd. Duke was not a weak team they were 7-3 coming in to the game including beating a division winner from the big 10.
They have a great coach with a great game plan and yes Clemson did not play their best game including 9 dropped passes and they still won by 29 points!!
finally no one on this thread actually plays on the team or coaches....
Hey I actually enjoy a close game but we may not see one in this game!

Nov 21, 2018, 3:07 PM

Duke is better than south carolina and has more talent. They also do not say things to get under our skin like a little brother so we were not pissed at them. South carolina has big mouths and our guys take it VERY personal to have things thrown at them from the stands heading to the locker room and on the field, not to mention being spit upon. They wanted a war they got it, but they keep bringing knives to a gun fight.

You ought to be worried. FGF is >>>>>***

Nov 21, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

I get trying to troll every now and then.

Nov 21, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

But why do you keep trying to act like a Clemson fan? Your trolling sucks and your charade is a pretty pathetic attempt too. Why did I even waste my time typing this...

LOL "we"..***

Nov 21, 2018, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2018, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

Dude - you really should stay on FGF.... Your trolling pretty much sucketh!!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Nov 22, 2018, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

Dg cannon is a OSU fan and he’s upset Duke beat Northwestern and Northwestern beat Purdue who whipped Ohio State. That’s why he calls last week our worst game, misery loves company......lol 31-0 much!!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 23, 2018, 5:22 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

Please stop. Everytime I start to read one of your posts, my IQ level goes down about 40 points.

That game was two years ago

Nov 21, 2018, 2:11 PM

Shouldn't they have avenged that loss on their home field LAST year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 2:38 PM

Fortunately, Carolina is not a very good FB team so we should be okay. Thank heavens for Trevor Lawrence who can sling that seed (and run) as well as any QB in the nation. And, he has a very quick release that compensates for our deficiencies on the OL. This deficiency will catch up with us against the likes of Alabama and Ohio State---really hope I'm wrong!

Reading is fundamental....

Nov 21, 2018, 2:57 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson-O-line-named-semifinalists-for-National-Award-31600

Re: Who is “we”, you and the mouse in your packet? Lol!***

Nov 21, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Nov 21, 2018, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

He said Ohio State like he meant they were a good team...hahahaha...but but but don’t the coots have sec speed?

Nov 21, 2018, 2:41 PM

Coach boom preaching “faith and composure”
That is funny, especially Composure

Nov 21, 2018, 2:54 PM

It won't happen again. They will be lucky to score 7 this year. 56 - 0

Nov 21, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Playing with a chip: Gamecocks determined to not let 56-7 happen again ]

And faith....LOL! LOL! I've never heard the man speak of his faith once in his pitiful coaching career! LOL

At what point in Saturday's game

Nov 21, 2018, 3:00 PM

Does dgcannon39 post Roll Tide ....

If Bama loses one of its next two games...

Nov 21, 2018, 3:23 PM

at what point does ?Roll Tide" become "Go Dawgs" !?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 21, 2018, 3:04 PM

Luckily, these chips will not make it to game day with Belk on the roster.

Nov 21, 2018, 5:16 PM

I think they will all be flopping all over the field when this game is ove aka Jake!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 3:22 PM

Here's a Chip

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 5:33 PM

Oh where have you been, Willy Boy, Willy Boy?... Oh where have you been, charming Willy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 6:55 PM

I was at the 56-7 game sitting in Clemson gear right in front row right next to the gamecock cheerleaders. The section we were in cleared out mostly by 1st qtr. It was great.

Will not make it to this years game but I hope we beat them 100-0 then they go back home decide football is no longer for them, disband their program and bulldoze their worthless stadium

Right. If we can keep Christian from getting another dumb

Nov 21, 2018, 7:38 PM

penalty, they won't even get the 7!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 8:39 PM

"girls in Clemson talking bad about you that you went to high school with..."
There is nothing more demoralizing to a football team than being poor-mouthed by high school girls. And here I though having lunch meat as a mascot was as bad as it could get.

Nov 21, 2018, 8:45 PM

Nov 21, 2018, 11:46 PM

Enjoy your turkeys tomorrow y’all. There will be enough chicken salad for two weeks after Saturday.

Message was edited by: Tigerluvr

"Clemson is scared to death of Will Muschamp's progress" so

Nov 22, 2018, 9:02 AM

says Todd Ellis

Nov 22, 2018, 12:32 PM

So A.J.Turner says they got into an AL TER CA TION....4 syllables..I am impressed..

Message was edited by: Mogambu®

Question is, at what point saturday do they quit...........

Nov 22, 2018, 12:44 PM

Bf kickoff, shortly thereafter, 1 or 2nd quarter, ............

Nov 22, 2018, 1:26 PM

Which means they are willing to walk away with their head held high after a more respectable 34-3 outcome? Suck it coots.

No Matter what the Score is...

Nov 22, 2018, 11:46 PM

...we’ll show the real difference between an elite football program and some hot shot high school heroes on a largely undisciplined football team.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic