Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Alexander doesn't fall down and Davidson doesn't fumble..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If Alexander doesn't fall down and Davidson doesn't fumble..

Sep 21, 2014, 11:28 AM

no one is calling for Morris or Dabo's head this morning. There would be a few idiotic posts, but the majority would be about the guys to give the ball to DW on the road and how the defense played.

Two freak things, and suddenly we need to fire everyone b/c we lost on the road to the #1 team and the best D in cfb

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Yep. Good Post.***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If my aunt had a set

Sep 21, 2014, 11:29 AM

She'd be my uncle

I agree though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fall down from the stiff arm push off?***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:30 AM

Ohhhh grasshopper...when will you learn?***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:31 AM

What are you trying to teach? And do I want to really try

Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 AM

to learn it?

I can't stay with you when it comes to general complaining..

Sep 21, 2014, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Ohhhh grasshopper...when will you learn?*** ]

but breaking down a game is not something you want to go at with me ...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Alexander

Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 AM

had it not been for the play he fell down,75 yarder.

He was playing lights out-Makensie Alexander.

True - also if our O-line could get a push and win a battle

Sep 21, 2014, 11:33 AM

when we need it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: If Alexander doesn't fall down and Davidson doesn't fumble..

Sep 21, 2014, 11:34 AM

we missed a 20-30 yard field goal. That's all we needed.

I actually agree. No need to throw the baby out with

Sep 21, 2014, 11:35 AM

the bath water. Changes are needed, but not wholesale changes. Just some tweaks here and there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 AM

And"if" Winston had played,and our kicker hadn't missed two field goals,and yaddah yaddah yaddah,all things would still be the same this morning;WE lOST!

Sep 21, 2014, 11:39 AM

Alexander was awesome all night. True freshman against one of the best receivers in the country. I don't think he lost his footing but hit Green's foot and it caused him to stumble. Sometimes big plays just happen.

Wrong

Sep 21, 2014, 11:47 AM

I don't care if we beat FSU by 50 points, the shotgun formation in goal line and short yardage situations is just plain stupid. "Hey it's 4th and inches, let's line up in the shotgun and make it 4th and 6 or 7!" BRILLIANT!

IF they call the Davidson TD the play before bad snap.***

Sep 21, 2014, 11:47 AM

Sorry, but FSU had more busted plays than we did. Can't

Sep 21, 2014, 11:54 AM

focus on a play or two. Look at the game.

We dominated the LOS in the first half. FSU made adjustments at half time. We continued to try to run like we dominated the LOS instead of spreading their defense downfield in the 2nd half. We did not use our strengths to attack their weaknesses.

And I don't care what anyone says. Having 1st & goal at the 3 yard line and lining up in a shotgun formation is bizarre. Now, instead of 3 yards, you have 18 yards to move the ball. We did THE SAME THING AGAIN in OT when we had 4th and 1.

Good Post - too many chicken littles***

Sep 21, 2014, 12:06 PM

Sep 21, 2014, 12:09 PM

If Alexander doesn't fall down and Davidson doesn't fumble, I'm not convinced that our coaching staff wouldn't have screwed something else up in the alternate reality.

Sep 21, 2014, 12:22 PM

You're right, and while I am not calling for Swinney or Morris to be fired, I can certainly relate to the frustration of those who are. In my view, this team has a lot of work to do before it can be looked at as a true play-off contender.

We all know that in games like last night, there is little margin for error, but the reality is that Clemson has a head coach and offensive coordinator who have limited experience that are going to experience some growing pains, and it has players that are going to have to learn how to stop taking the team out of these big games with self inflicted mistakes.

Swinney and Morris are going to make mistakes. Players are going to make mistakes, but they are making too many to overcome, and they must eliminiate some of them if they want to win games against really good teams. Last night's lost was unfortunate. They had a real opportunity to put themselves in position for bigger things this season, but instead, they gift wrapped the win and presented it to FSU.

Yet another lost opportunity. Every team lets a game slip away every now and then, but in my view, for a team that boasts its talent and potential, this happens far too often.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic