Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If 2 loss Auburn,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

If 2 loss Auburn,

Nov 15, 2017, 11:23 AM

or a 2 loss OSU, or even a 2 loss USC(real one) has a chance,If one or more of these 2 loss teams make the playoff, does the Self Righteous Crowd @ ND realize it's over unless they win them all ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If 2 loss Auburn,

Nov 15, 2017, 11:25 AM

1 loss ND would have been in this year. But I agree, at some point they have to join.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 11:48 AM

a 1 loss ND may have made it this year but that's no guarantee. Remember when TCU went from #3 to #6 in the final week and missed out on the playoffs because the Big 12 didn't have a conference championship. Even last year Clemson jumped OSU in the final week because OSU didn't play in the conference championship game. Had ND finished 11-1 and the final week 2 or 3 of the 1 loss teams won big over highly ranked teams then ND could have been left out. It's hard to say what the committee would do in that situation. What I do not see happening is another non-conference champion going to the playoffs unless it's Bama and that's because Bama gets the benefit of the doubt. If Bama loses to Auburn and Auburn wins the conference I see Bama going instead of Auburn. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 12:24 PM

Was that last sentence a mistake or was it intentional? You actually think if Auburn beats Bama the final regular season game of the year and also beats Georgia in the SEC Championship game that Auburn won't make it in the final 4? There is still a chance that Bama will be in the top 4, but so would Auburn. SEC might have two teams in.

Nov 15, 2017, 1:06 PM

Personally, I cannot imagine Bama OVER Auburn in that scenario. Auburn would have too strong of a resume with two wins over #1, 3 vs top 10 and SEC Championship. I could see both Bama and Auburn both getting in, though.

What I really would like to see would be Auburn winning out and UM losing to us in ACCCG. Would be a interesting debate UM vs Bama.

No.

Nov 15, 2017, 12:30 PM

I think ND fans are going to have to see a one loss ND team being left out of the playoff and a couple of one loss conference champs included before they admit they are in a pickle.

I do not believe ND will ever make the field of four. I doubt the University cares about anything but money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No.

Nov 15, 2017, 1:23 PM

Notre Dames' last, best chance at a Natty was when Manti Teo was dating 'what's her name'! They're not in the CFP anytime soon, if ever. They need a conference...a credible conference.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic