Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cumbie dismissed from Clemson Football Team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Jun 3, 2010, 2:26 PM

Clemson reserve defensive tackle Jamie Cumbie has been dismissed from the Tigers football team. Cumbie was listed as a reserve defensive tackle on the school's summer 2010 depth chart. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cumbie dismissed from Clemson Football Team

Jun 3, 2010, 2:36 PM

good for Dabo for doing this. This team needs discipline and he is giving it to them. Sure Cumbie isn't a starter, but he plays a bunch, and this sends a message to the rest of the team so hopefully they will think twice before they do something stupid and end up suffering the same fate.

Jun 3, 2010, 9:30 PM

I'm glad Cumbie is gone. He has been trouble before, ie the Alabama game in Atlanta when he was left behind, but we don't know the whole story. He may have been hit by the other guy, or he may have started it himself or anything else. We just don't know. It does tak a certain kind of idiocy to tae ona guy that outweighs you 100 lbs. He's been trouble, though, so good for Dabo in getting id of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I always carry a weapon

Jun 4, 2010, 12:12 AM

I work a full time, white collar job during the day, and then two nights a week, I work a part time job that is more 'blue collar' that sends me to some bad areas. If I am going to die, it's not going to be because someone murdered me. If I am minding my own business, like I always do, and someone who is much bigger than me physically (I am average height and weight) comes towards me, the moment I feel like my life is threatened, I will pull my weapon out and warn them. If they continue, all bets are off. I am not just talking about this story, I am talking about the world in general, there are crazy people out there. I don't care where I go in public anymore, I am on my guard at all times.

WWUMD?

Jun 3, 2010, 2:39 PM

What would urban meyer do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WKWSWD!

Jun 3, 2010, 2:42 PM

We know what Spurrier would do.

Suspend him for the 1st quarter of the PC game***

Jun 3, 2010, 2:42 PM [ in reply to WWUMD? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

boyz will be boyz, unless they're girlz like rbu...***

Jun 3, 2010, 2:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got me arrested last time. Not goin let you do it again

Jun 3, 2010, 3:32 PM

a$$hole

;)

null

Jun 3, 2010, 2:43 PM

He had inappropriate relations with Niki Hayley

Anyone know why?***

Jun 3, 2010, 2:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guessing Cumbie does.***

Jun 3, 2010, 2:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Is he on the board today?***

Jun 3, 2010, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guessing Cumbie does.- Hope so

Jun 3, 2010, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Guessing Cumbie does.*** ]

certainly would be a shame if he has no idea

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he beat the #### out of someone.***

Jun 3, 2010, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Anyone know why?*** ]

Whew! For a second I thought you said Jamie Cumble

Jun 3, 2010, 2:52 PM

Don't scare me like that. We need Cumble in the worst kind of way.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard

Jun 3, 2010, 3:48 PM

he got caught masturbating on an airplane. Apparently he didn't think it was illegal, just frowned upon.

THANKS BIN LADEN

There's a team rule against THAT? They think of everything.***

Jun 3, 2010, 4:24 PM

Idiot....what an absolute idiot!***

Jun 3, 2010, 4:04 PM

Hey don't BASH the Coach like that, just too bad Cumbie

Jun 3, 2010, 6:27 PM

didn't kick Ron Cherries or Becky's tail .........

j/k

null

Good... Way to teach our team who's in charge

Jun 3, 2010, 4:43 PM

The team lets you play for them, not you playing for the team. At least thats how any good program is. Look at Bama. If they so much as look the wrong way ole Nick Satan might get rid of them.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about playing

Jun 3, 2010, 7:03 PM

for the team. You don't play for them - they let you play for them. That's kinda like I don't shoot you, you let me shoot you! So the team will let you play if you want to play but if you want to play you can't play unless they say "Hey--play for us!" If they say "Hey, play for us!" and you don't want to play for them do you still have to play for them or do you have the option not to play for them, even if you really want them to want you to play for them but you don't like the tone of "Hey, play for us!" So if you want to play for them but you play with someone who won't play for or with you and you try to make them play with you, you can have the team not want you to play for them if you decide you will beat the crap out of someone who won't play with you thereby negating your opportunity to play for "them"--with them being the team who originally wanted you to play for them but now doesn't want you to play for "them". So basically, you got no chance to play for them anymore so if you want to play it will be with someone else but not "them"---that about it?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW--your subject refers to "team" as being our team..

Jun 3, 2010, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Good... Way to teach our team who's in charge ]

yet you expand on the subject using "the team" which could be construed as an impersonal quality of address indicating that "our team" and "the team" may not be the same teams. If it is "our team" then by golly I might get a bit more picky about agreeing with who should or should not play for "our" team except I guess it is "them" (who could be "our" or "the" team)who actually decides to play or not to play---that is the question...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
ahhh I digress!!! You think Shakespeare had an opinion on whether to play or let play??? and for "the team", "our team" or whether "our" and "the" mean the same thing?? Could you clear that up???

Yeah I realize I did a bad job explaining that

Jun 3, 2010, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Good... Way to teach our team who's in charge ]

Basically, I was just getting at the fact a lot of athletes think that they are God's gift to Earth and they can do whatever they want. They have to realize that to play at a collegiate level, or at any program, its important to realize you are being given your education, dorm, and/or whatever else you get in order to play football. The program owns you, not you owning the program

Glad to know I was right! Shakespeare was ahead

Jun 3, 2010, 7:36 PM

of his time. Little did JC (Jamie Cumbie--not the other JC) know that Shakespeare had him pegged from the get go!

Message was edited by: Watcher®

Let's put a Smile on that face...

Jun 3, 2010, 8:13 PM

Why So Serious?

Apparently Cumbie assaulted somebody pretty badly.

Jun 3, 2010, 8:27 PM

Apparently Cumbie admitted to beating somebody up pretty badly. Broken nose, broken tooth, etc
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jun/03/cumbie-dismissed-clemson-football-team/

What a waste of talent. Dabo did the right thing.

Almost killed the kid is word going around

Jun 3, 2010, 9:36 PM

And the kid is the grandson of a former Clemson president

Read other players were present....

Jun 3, 2010, 10:50 PM

Saw on shakin the southland website that other players were present with one possibly to be charged later, any idea who this may be? A horrible situation all around and my prayers are with the victim and his family.

Re: Read other players were present....

Jun 3, 2010, 10:54 PM

I have no idea about the story. Just posting what others have said.

They said 2 other people were there. One was not a football player and that guy may be charged. They said third person was a football player-heard he did nothing but didn't stop anything either.

Jun 4, 2010, 10:14 PM

Email from a friend about the incident:

Some of you may know the grandson of former Clemson president Phil Prince was brutally beaten in downtown Clemson about a week ago. My brother pledged with Philip Prince and recently visited him at his parents home in Mt. Pleasant after he was released from a Greenville hospital earlier this week. This young man has a long road ahead of him as he will most likely undergo several facial reconstruction operations to my understanding.

Last night, I learned Jamie Cumbie, a Clemson football player, was involved and immediately dismissed from the team. I am disgusted with news like this coming out of Clemson and feel this really hits home having a Charleston boy with a Clemson pedigree end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Clemson is not that place and this senseless act of violence was not deserved.

I've never met Philip but I understand he's a fine young man. If anyone is interested or has any ideas on what we can do for him, I'd be glad to contribute.

--------------------------------------------------

The Clemson Community should show support for Philip in this terrible time in his life.

Or maybe they were both being drunk d-bags?

Jun 5, 2010, 2:05 PM

Usually it takes 2 idiots to start a fight...

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic