Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Idiotic arguments going on about coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,419

Idiotic arguments going on about coaches

Feb 17, 2015, 7:03 PM

1. Brownell can't win at Clemson because we have terrible tradition, facilities and administration.
2. But, OP won with all the same stuff.
3. Yea, well OP hasn't done #### since he went to DePaul.
4. So he could win at Clemson but not DePaul?
5. Yea
6. So how could OP win at Clemson but Brownell can't?
7. It took OP 5 years to build from nothing to something
8. It's Brownell's 5th year and he had more to start with
9. Yes, but no one can win at Clemson.
10. See #2 and repeat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Idiotic arguments going on about coaches

Feb 17, 2015, 7:08 PM

You have been proven wrong on several of these in other threads. Not sure why you felt the need to make another post spreading your ignorance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So...

Feb 17, 2015, 7:10 PM

OP didn't win here? It's not Brownell's 5th year? He didn't have more to start with than the terrible excuse for a program OP inherited?

Re: So...

Feb 17, 2015, 7:11 PM

Let me guess you also think OPs 2009 recruiting class was stellar?

Let me guess you also think the 2010 class was not a lost cause due to OP leaving in the middle of the night late in the cycle?

Yea the program was left in TREMENDOUS shape. ./s

Sorry you are unable to see things through your OP glasses.

null

No I think he burned this bridge to the ground and quit on

Feb 17, 2015, 7:15 PM

us, leaving a tough clean up job. I'm in no way an OP lover or supporter. I'm just saying, Barnes and OP won at Clemson with the same stuff Brownell has. So I don't want to hear "you can;t recruit to Clemson" and "Clemson can't have a good basketball program." Bull. Barnes won here. OP won here. Some day we'll have another coach who will win here. It won't be Brownell, though. And it's not because no one can win here.

Re: No I think he burned this bridge to the ground and quit on

Feb 17, 2015, 7:23 PM

So what you are saying is your line about Brownell starting with a program in great shape was BS?

Thanks for clarifying that.

null

It was in great shape for his 1st year, but no backbone

Feb 17, 2015, 7:29 PM

behind it. It was, however, much better than what OP inherited.

And once again, OP played in an ACCTCG and was a 5 seed in the tourney a few times (granted the ACC wasn't as good back then). Brownell made it to one semi, and will never make it back there. He continues to not make the tourney. And still people make excuses like... facilities, tradition, etc.

So, 117, what is the reason OP won here and Brownell can't? More importantly, how many consecutive years must he miss the tourney before he gets the boot? would 10 be enough?

Feb 17, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: So... ]

Find another recruiting class that had a 5 star, 2 4 stars, and a 3 star.

Thats what Brownell inherited along with a program that was consistently ranked and going to the dance.

These are facts my friend.

Feb 17, 2015, 7:18 PM

So you want to really argue that Milton jennings was a 5 start... I noticed you disappeared like a fart in the wind from that other thread. I guess the truth was hard to handle.

null

Feb 17, 2015, 7:26 PM [ in reply to So... ]

Yes, Brownell had more to start with. But he also took that team to the NCAAT. Isn't that worth something?

Also, do not even start with the "Year 5" stuff. OP's team blew a 17-0 start in year 5 and wasn't even really close to the NCAAT.

Feb 17, 2015, 7:17 PM

Here I will go through them....

1) no one defending him has said he CANT win here.

2) OP played in a weaker ACC still didnt exactly light the world on fire. One great season finishing 3rd rest were near 500 seasons. Never won an NCAA game.

3) That is true but is irrelevant to anything

4) Once again not sure ### that has to do with anything

5) Another quality point you are on a roll with your idiocy 3 in a row

6) OP didnt win at Clemson until year 5

7) That is true However OP didnt have two empty classes leaving him with teams with zero seniors

8) That is false as I have proven in other posts. Short term it was in good shape after that one year though it was pretty bleak.

9) No one has said that

10) Another swing and a miss

HTH have a nice day.

null

Feb 17, 2015, 7:46 PM

Don't really even want to wade into this mess but #2 is completely untrue. The ACC had the fewest representatives of its conference by percentage last year since the tournament was expanded to 64 teams. We are ranked either the 3rd or 4th best conference in basketball by any power ranking you'll find - hardly the clear cut #1 conference in basketball the last expansion was supposed to make. And the new rotational regular season schedule offers opportunities to win unlike anything in previous eras of ACC basketball. The only ranked team in the conference we face twice is Notre Dame. We play four unranked teams twice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not Brownell's fault either

Feb 17, 2015, 7:52 PM

Nothing is his fault. It's impossible to win at Clemson for 3,492 reasons, none of them under his control.

Re: That's not Brownell's fault either

Feb 17, 2015, 11:03 PM

Great job avoiding my post that addressed all your bull ####

I am shocked I tell you shocked /s

null

Feb 17, 2015, 7:24 PM

Why do you consistently restate the same old garbage?

So you can see that you give Brownell a pass

Feb 17, 2015, 7:30 PM

when the standard should be making the tourney.

Can we make the standard winning games in the tourney?

Feb 17, 2015, 11:10 PM

If so, other than Barnes, we've got work to do.

Feb 17, 2015, 7:40 PM

Where is this false logic that Brownell was left with something coming from? Sure he inherited a decent roster (and he #### near won 2 NCAA games with that roster) but so much of college basketball is recruiting and OP had done none of that for 2 years. So, Brownell walks onto campus 2 years behind in recruiting. He takes some kid from TN that was mid major at best just to sign someone the first cycle. The staff is just now reaping the benefits of relationships that he had to re-establish once he got on campus. And- he's doing it the right way. When Juan Evans' handler/AAU coach came into Brads office with his hand out wanting to be "refunded for travel expenses" well, the recruitment ended. As it should. Basketball recruiting is waaayyyyy dirtier than football ever thought about being. $30,000 is the standard that shoe companies she'll out now to get a kid to a particular school. Kid never sees the money though. These AAU programs use it for travel expenses and it goes from NIKE to the kids program. So dirty.

You forgot about any rap artist.

Feb 17, 2015, 7:54 PM

My favorites were LL Cool J and the Fat Boys.

You're welcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell had more to work with??

Feb 17, 2015, 8:05 PM

He had a couple good players but zero depth. His system is one that takes time to implement and really he's just now building his team.

Exactly. BB had 9 scholarship players on the roster his

Feb 17, 2015, 11:01 PM

first season - nine. Nuk had to walk on just to give the team a full five-on-five practice set-up. I would say it's splitting hairs as to which of the two coaches had the better program to walk into. Neither was in particularly good shape starting out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP could win because of a little recruited player named

Feb 17, 2015, 9:52 PM

Trevor Booker,after he left OP left,due to he new he didn't have the talent to continue among person problems " BB doesn't seem to have"Had KJ stayed for his Sr/ year BB would be ranked & dancing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,419
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic