Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Press conference set to announce new AD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Update: Press conference set to announce new AD

Oct 29, 2012, 10:28 AM

Press conference set to announce new AD

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When does he start? Is he going to be working with TDP

Oct 29, 2012, 10:30 AM

until TDP retires?

Info on Dan Radakovich (c/p GT Ath Site)

Oct 29, 2012, 10:47 AM

Named Georgia Tech's Director of Athletics on Feb. 22, 2006, Radakovich came to Georgia Tech after five years as senior associate athletics director at LSU (2001-06). He previously served as the Athletics Director at American University in 2000-01. That followed stints as associate athletics director at South Carolina (1994-2000) and Long Beach State (1989-94) as well as two years as the athletics business manager at Miami (FL) (1983-85).

A graduate of Center High School near Aliquippa, Pa., and a member of its Alumni Hall of Fame, Radakovich, 53, became a football letterwinner and student coach at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated in 1980 with a bachelor of science degree in finance. He was enshrined into the Beaver County Sports Hall of Fame in April, 2008, and was recognized as a Distinguished Alumni from IUP in March, 2009

This guy will set back Clemson athletics a decade....

Oct 29, 2012, 11:28 AM

Nothing on his resume tells he has accomplished anything worthy of being offered the Clemson AD job. THIS IS A BAD MOVE!!!!

Re: This guy will set back Clemson athletics a decade....

Oct 29, 2012, 11:56 AM

When was Miami really good? Was it when he was there?

If so that and the fact he was at LSU are the only two positives that I see.

But I've read on here that he is a good fundraiser and has worked to upgrade facilities at GT since he has been there, I think they are getting a new bball arena (although I don't know why).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man that was fast, I wonder who it will be***

Oct 29, 2012, 10:49 AM

^Didn't read the article***

Oct 29, 2012, 10:50 AM

As a GT Student

Oct 29, 2012, 10:57 AM

And a long time Clemson fan, I don't initially like this hire. D Rad has made some stupid decisions here at Tech, including the hiring of hack coach Paul Johnson. And I know not many of you are close to Tech to know, but Radokovich signed ex-Basketball coach Paul Hewitt to a revolving 3-yr contract. So the buyout each year was the same amount!! Other than his building of the indoor arena, and the remodeling of the basketball arena, he is leaving here on a bad note in terms of major sports success (football, basketball, baseball). We need someone with prowess and experience from a winning and traditional power in all sports.

I'm not going to bash him immediately, however, I am not INITIALLY pleased with this hire, I just feel we could have done much much better.

Quick question: Hewitt's extension came in 2005

Oct 29, 2012, 11:02 AM

...but my understanding is D.Rad didn't arrive until a year later?

I know he agreed to the last extension, but wouldn't it have cost the Jackets mega-millions either way?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd really like to know the answer to that

Oct 29, 2012, 11:09 AM

if he approved the initial contract extension with the ludicrious buy-out then he is the biggest idiot in college sports history.

You guys are right

Oct 29, 2012, 11:18 AM

My roommates just corrected me and said DRad was the one who fired him and did not offer him initial contract, yet did give him the continued extension.

However, GT athletics have declined in my 5 years here (he has been AD all 5). Not to mention, Clemson's athletic department is much bigger in terms of dollars than GT's by a long shot...so I'm not comfortable with someone like this taking the reins.

Even the people here are wondering why in the hell we hired this guy...

I have heard that he turned GT athletic Association profitable, when it was in disarray upon his arrival. But, in my opinion, the best solution to that problem is to start WINNING. I'm very anxious to see this press conference, and hear some more details as to why he was hired.

I have a class with his son at 3, so I'll get the low down from him, haha :)

If his son says it was a bad hire, then we KNOW we're

Oct 29, 2012, 11:41 AM

in trouble!

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does that mean we can fill the defensive holes with JUCOs

Oct 29, 2012, 11:04 AM

this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Bad hire. The guy hired Johnson & gave hims a $10M buyout.***

Oct 29, 2012, 11:17 AM

Are you kidding me? This is the best we can do?!***

Oct 29, 2012, 11:19 AM

Re: Are you kidding me? This is the best we can do?!***

Oct 29, 2012, 11:27 AM

Can't believe we did not hire a Clemson grad!!!

Re: Are you kidding me? This is the best we can do?!***

Oct 29, 2012, 11:37 AM

After seeing what Billy D's wife did to Pickens CO. schools, don't know if I would have wanted him. I know you didn't mention him but he is Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic