Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier is just another football coach, Dabo, a role model
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Spurrier is just another football coach, Dabo, a role model

Dec 1, 2013, 10:58 AM

Which coach would you rather coach and influence your son? Know who I'd prefer. Dabo shows he cares through his actions, is a positive influence on his players and cares about his player's academic progress and off-field actions. Argue all you want, but it seems to me there is more to coaching college football than just wins and losses i.e. Bobby Petrino.

And no I'm not a Dabo pumper. As a matter of fact, I was dead set against Dabo being hired. Now, I'm a convert who can't think of anyone I rather be in charge of CU's program. I believe that the Tigers will continue to have a bright future with the program headed upnwards. Can hardly wait till Dabo talks with Josh Malone on Monday, the bowl game, recruiting season, spring practice and next season!

Go Tigers, the best is ahead!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather have a coach ..............

Dec 1, 2013, 11:01 AM

Who wins when it counts. But let's keep deflecting the 5th straight loss and concentrate on the stuff that doesn't matter.

Re: Spurrier is just another football coach, Dabo, a role model

Dec 1, 2013, 11:03 AM

Thanks. Wouldnt trade Dabo,period.

Dec 1, 2013, 11:04 AM

Stopped reading after you had to claim to not be a Dumbo pumper. That's the same as "the smeller's the feller". And no, you're not right. Bottom line is, Dabo is paid to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. All of the Dr Phil BS has zero bearing on his job evaluation. It's crap like this that got us saddled up with that loser Bowden for almost a decade.

which all sounds really good...

Dec 1, 2013, 11:04 AM

Yet avoids a question that deserves to be answered: why does he keep getting outcoached by Spurrier?

You guys who make it sound like we have to have it one way or the other are shortchanging our program. Nobody expects perfection, but we can have better...and I can tell you a hundred reasons why I love Dabo. Five straight loses is unacceptable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo plays by...

Dec 1, 2013, 11:13 AM

Using the Good Guy, Religion and The Family cards.

All have nothing to do with the job he is hired to do.

Enough about all of that.

He and anyone else Clemson hires should be/ do all of that.

Society has gotten so screwed up, we now think it's an unusual trait to be a family, good guy and religious person.

We did not hire him to have us be continually embarrassed on the football field, especially with all the money and resources we have and are giving him.

chance favors the prepared mind...***

Dec 1, 2013, 11:14 AM [ in reply to which all sounds really good... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously you never played football

Dec 1, 2013, 11:15 AM [ in reply to which all sounds really good... ]

Have you ever heard of a coach instruct his players to commit 6 turnovers during a game. I know I never had one of my coaches encourage us to make turnovers. You sound like you're emotionally upset about the loss, as I am too. But you can't lay this loss on Dabo or anyone but those individuals on the field who made the mistakes.

As far as 0-5 record. Dabo ain't gonna quit. Sounds like you have.

i know franc's dad was pretty good... i know players take on

Dec 1, 2013, 11:20 AM

their coaches behavior, patterns and are prepared for anything they'll face thru practice.

i imagine at minimum something had to rub off on franc in the same fashion.

do you believe scar is the more talented team?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, I have and have nevermadr the same mistake five times..

Dec 1, 2013, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Obviously you never played football ]

In a row. If I had quit, I'd be posting about all the positive things Dabo has done or asking the questions nobody's asking like, "would you rather have Dabo or Spurrier as your coach?"

I think the problem is Dabo operates on quite the same level pointing out all the positives while my coaches were chewing my butt during the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you never made the same mistake 5 times in a row

Dec 1, 2013, 11:27 AM

you never played for dabo.

maybe one day we'll all be able to sit back and say he's a great man, a great person and a good football coach, but clemson can do better.

i'll manage my expectations if this is all we should expect. i hope we all want more. i think clemson is capable of it.

Re: Obviously you never played football

Dec 1, 2013, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Obviously you never played football ]

if you think the fact that South Carolina has scoried 62 points off turnovers during this win streak v a grand total of 0 for Clemson is just luck or whatever, you have very obviously never played football.

Creating turnovers and avoiding them is ABSOLUTELY something you coach. When they stood Tajh up and ripped the ball out from him, that was coaching.

Contrast the two plays where a non-qb threw the ball, plus one throw that wasn't made.

Bruce Ellington early on had the ball to throw and pulled it down because it wasn't there. Coaching.

When Watkins went for the double pass he lobbed it up, either not seeing or ignoring the deep safety. The deep safety didn't bite up the field when watkins got the double pass. that's coaching.

When pharoh cooper got the ball and then passed it to WIlds, all of clemson's safeties bit up. That's coaching again.

I could see if this was a one time fluke thing, but 62-0 in points off turnovers isn't a fluke, that's a long, large, enduring trend that can only be attributed to coaching.

Dec 1, 2013, 11:31 AM

Dabo is paid to win games not produce UN peacekeepers.

Why dont I be the role model for my sons

Dec 1, 2013, 11:34 AM

and send them to play for someone who can win

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ouch***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:47 PM

Too bad baptizing people on the field doesn't = wins***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:49 PM

we have soooo much class blah blah blah. just stop

Dec 1, 2013, 10:55 PM

i bet the farm that you losers would trade your so called "class" for a win last night. Quit acting like babies and admit you are p'd off that we have lost 5 in a row. You sound like 10 year olds.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic