Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, I’m going to be working in Central PA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 481

So, I’m going to be working in Central PA

Dec 11, 2018, 11:59 AM

through March, and I’m thinking of buying some boots for the snow. Which would you choose? Other suggestions are welcome:

A.

https://www.ghbass.com/product/scout+lace+up+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn&selectedOption=558797

B.

https://www.ghbass.com/product/duxbury+plain+toe+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn&selectedOption=546938

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

neither.

Dec 11, 2018, 12:12 PM

The duxbury's look fine enough, but don't seem like what I'd want to wear in snow. I didn't see anything that said waterproof or similar, but I admittedly just glanced at the description

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about

Dec 11, 2018, 12:18 PM

https://www.ghbass.com/product/damian+waterproof+boot.do

explicitly says waterproof

Think you’re right. Didn’t see those on website.***

Dec 11, 2018, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These, in cognac***

Dec 11, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to what about ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd probably get some snow boots...

Dec 11, 2018, 12:14 PM

or at least some of those goretex lined merrills. Neither of those pairs is going to be any better than wearing loafers with thick socks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

goretex lined merrells....i have some, and they're great

Dec 11, 2018, 12:16 PM

for when it's -20° out.

Anything warmer than that, my feet get too hot

Agree. Slip on snow boots to and from work

Dec 11, 2018, 1:50 PM [ in reply to I'd probably get some snow boots... ]

a pair of comfortable slip on moccasins or loafers to keep under my desk at the office.

slip out of boots and into office shoes then back again to go home.

I had a paid of tall slip on Bass snow boots for a few years

Dec 11, 2018, 2:15 PM

they were warm, waterproof, and pretty #### comfortable...

however, since they were kinda loose above the ankle once they were one, all the movement would inevitably cause my socks to slide down and bunch up under the arch of my foot.

that was a deal-breaker, and they were sold @ a garage sale.

*pair***

Dec 11, 2018, 2:15 PM

i have a pair of Cabelas insulated rubber boots

Dec 11, 2018, 3:48 PM

they are so tight around the ankle that I had to wedge them between the door and the door facing to get them off. I pulled a hamstring trying to use a boot remover thingy.

They are warm, they are dry, they are a Pain in my ###

Its a good thing you picked the nicest time of year to be

Dec 11, 2018, 12:19 PM

there!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Central PA is where Mrs. PAW is from. Good people up there.

Dec 11, 2018, 12:38 PM

You know what Carville said about PA - "Pittsburgh on one side, Philly on the other, and Alabama in between" - true fact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Public schools close first two days of deer hunting season.***

Dec 11, 2018, 1:39 PM

the way G-d intended. Also, get you some chicken and waffles

Dec 11, 2018, 2:20 PM

if you're lucky a volunteer fire department will have a chicken and waffles dinner while you're up there - prepare to pack on the pork.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Missouri Deer season starts on a Saturday...

Dec 11, 2018, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Public schools close first two days of deer hunting season.*** ]

But it would have been nice if school had been closed for that mon and tues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

former clearfield resident here

Dec 11, 2018, 12:43 PM

winter and the 4th of july

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muck Boot

Dec 11, 2018, 2:10 PM

Artic

I THINK Bean Boots are 25% off right now.

Dec 11, 2018, 2:11 PM

but that deal may have already ended.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everything Bean 25% off thru midnight tonight

Dec 11, 2018, 4:22 PM

I saw this on a TV ad last night. Cannot 100% confirm.

Howzabout

Dec 11, 2018, 4:05 PM

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/88425?page=men-s-east-point-waterproof-boots-moc-toe&bc=474-629&feat=629-GN1&csp=f&attrValue_0=Oakwood

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Look for a pair of western style hybrid work boots.

Dec 11, 2018, 4:18 PM

Warm, waterproof, and look fine in a work environment. I'm wearing a pair of Noble Outfitters boots right now, and do most days in cooler weather.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Noble-Outfitters-Work-Boots-Mens-Ranch-Tough-Round-Tobacco-65001/123695279?athcpid=123695279&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=04d8846a-318-1679f20af7b2f2&athena=true

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I don’t want to be a cowboy:

Dec 11, 2018, 4:26 PM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AUwxYPa1pjU

a single pair? i had 3 pairs. a pair of snow shoes for just

Dec 11, 2018, 9:49 PM

everyday getting around in the 1/2-1" of nuisance snow. I had some Keen high tops for the "hmm. this is actually what 4" of snow" looks like snow. These are also now my cold weather and/or rain boots for down here. And then, finally, I had some knee high (hold on, it's not as sexy as it sounds) wool lined Sorels for the "I'm not getting caught in a blizzard again with the proper attire" boots. The last ones I only wore once. The others, I rotated through often during a couple of the seasons I was there when we got a lot of snow/had a good bit a snow pack during the Polar Vortex. A lot of times, I had to trade out when I got home at night. Let one pair dry out.

Of course, I walked A LOT. either walked, rode the bus (thus walked to a bus stop) or rode my bike to work every day. so that made a difference.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Knee highs? Like these?

Dec 12, 2018, 11:38 AM

Also, haven’t done any cold weather biking since living off campus at Clemson when that was my only transportation.

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/black-moroder-leather-thigh-high-boots-women/407779535.html

yes. those are not good for snow..though saw many a young

Dec 12, 2018, 12:40 PM

lady try to get around in downtown State College with them (or something similar on)

the only time I didn't bike is when I knew there would be big patches of ice on the trail. Cold, light snow, or light rain, I was good. I didn't have a parking pass for campus until 6 months before I left. I stayed in pretty good shape back then.

random fact, btw - i biked past joepa's house on my way to work every day.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Replies: 25
| visibility 481
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic