Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notebook: Spring Practice Brings Usual Questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,073

Mar 8, 2008, 10:32 AM

But what is most important issue facing Bowden's Tigers? Also, one basketball note.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Cliff Hammonds were Jack Bauer... the show would've been

Mar 8, 2008, 12:01 PM

called "4"

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you, thank you, thank you...accountibility in 2008

Mar 8, 2008, 2:24 PM

The build up has been long, and while very frustrating on the field for many saturdays over the last 9 years, there have been distinct parts of the overall effort that have been an overwhelming success. West End Zone, graduation rates, recruiting, GOOD KIDS, fan support, FSU dominance etc...

But now baby all grows up. potential is great fun, but it wears thin. We have a simple goal which should be to gain an ivitation to the ACCCG, and there is not a wall between Tiger Football and that goal that we can't smash through.

I like the tone of your article. Let's do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1-play-away Bowden & no excuses? Yeah right. Get real.***

Mar 9, 2008, 12:37 AM

Would you prefer if he said "Well, we lost because we suck"

Mar 10, 2008, 2:30 PM

A head coach in College is basically like a CEO. The students, season ticket holders and Board of Trustees are the share holders (If you're not any one of these things, you're just a loud mouth idiot, and your opinion does not matter)

It's a CEO's job to create a positive atmosphere. Its his job to take a glass is half full approach so that the share holders and team, do not assume a "all is lost" type of thinking.

Some of you people just need to relax, every NCAA coach does it, its just coach speak.

I'd prefer if he said I screwed up. My fault. I'll fix it.

Mar 10, 2008, 6:55 PM

TB has been making excuses for nine years. We're one point away, one play away, two injuries away, one facility away, etc. Not all coaches or CEOs make excuses all the time. Some take responsibility, fix problems, and succeed.

Listening to Bowden, you'd think that (contrary to the success of guys like Jim Grobe at Wake Forest) championship teams never miss a kick or a catch or have injuries, and they all have top notch facilities. Players, employees, Wall Street, and fans don't want to hear excuses all the time. On the contrary, CEOs and coaches can create a positive atmosphere by creating a no-excuses environment of personal responsiblity. Here's an example of a successful CEO that does just that, and wrote a whole book about it.
http://www.net-temps.com/careerdev/crossroads/print.htm?id=504

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,073
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic