Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Scheduling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Scheduling

Jan 27, 2015, 10:18 AM

Scheduling

Scheduling
In a bizarre sports story we found out yesterday that Wake Forest and North Carolina have agreed to play non-conference football games against each other in 2019 and 2021.

That's right. Two schools in the same conference will play in football, but they will be non-conference

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is a guaranteed conference loss no bueno?

Jan 27, 2015, 10:21 AM

negative impact[real & perceived] > the win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is just tired of losing to ECU....

Jan 27, 2015, 10:37 AM

and Wake is the only other option for a likely win against an in-state FBS opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: One other Disadvantage

Jan 27, 2015, 10:46 AM

I think it makes sense as you outlined, but the main reason Clemson, or any serious football school would not schedule another conference opponent is because it would probably have to be a home and home.

I'm making the assumption that a conference opponent would replace a SC State, not an Auburn in my scenario.

I enjoy your show and appreciate you getting me to work every AM (6 - 7 AM)

Thanks

I'd like to see a change in...............

Jan 27, 2015, 11:00 AM

cross-over rivals. I hate playing them. I would rather rotate. JMO.

Re: I'd like to see a change in...............

Jan 27, 2015, 12:20 PM

I want to play GaTech every year.... We need a game against at least one Georgia team or 2 or last year 3... Georgia has a lot of good football recruits.
I would rather drop the divisions in Football if the NCAA allows the ACC to. We have already dropped the divisions in Baseball and Basketball.

I still would like to see 2 teams switch divisions

Jan 28, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to I'd like to see a change in............... ]

each year so all teams would play more often (by a lot) and we would set up the possibility of us and FSU in the ACC championship game twice every few years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Scheduling

Jan 27, 2015, 12:51 PM

I wouldn't mind a home-and-home with VT if push came to shove. Nobody else out of the Coastal I really miss.

Problem is, there's plenty of other teams out there - SEC teams, especially - that would be more appealing. Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and Florida would all be good.

Jan 27, 2015, 1:27 PM

I would prefer ECU, UCF or USF to scheduling home and home with another AAC school.
But I think we could book a home game with GaSouthern or AppSt without a return game... The are now FBS teams, I think GaState is as well but they are not good. I would rather play someone that is ready to play.

Jan 27, 2015, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Scheduling ]

I agree with quozzel. I'd whole lot rather have a FBS UNC, Wake, or VT on my OOC schedule than a FCS Furman, Ga.State, Wofford or Savanah ST. It might turn out to be a smart move on UNC's part. In the new Playoff era, strengh of schedule is one of the criteria the committee MUST use in determining the final 4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic