Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'd bet decent money the first game is going to prove what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

I'd bet decent money the first game is going to prove what

Aug 14, 2014, 4:44 PM

a mistake it was to let Chad Kelly go. I know he was tough to work with, but the kid had talent. Talent we're going to need.

Message was edited by: ot®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd bet decent money the first game is going to prove what

Aug 14, 2014, 4:46 PM

We have more than enough talent and experience at the QB position right now. I hate what happen to Kelly, but it was his own doing. And I wouldn't have put it past him transferring if/when Watson beat him out for the starting job next year anyways.

Aug 14, 2014, 5:12 PM

Plus b/c I believe 10,000% he would have transferred if the QB wasn't give to him. Him being Jim Kelly's nephew and all was exciting and all, and he more than likely would have been a good QB if he could have waited his time. He didn't want to wait until he was really ready, and he wasn't going to wait. Chad saw in the last couple competitions that him and Cole had, that Cole as much as he hated it, was winning the job. I personally believe he tried to get kicked off the team just to save face after all the smack he talked to Cole before and after he got into Clemson... He is where he needs to be, in a little boys college playing little boys FB until he grows up enough to play big mature young man FB....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2014, 5:26 PM

Stoudt is the one now who is getting it handed to him, bc no one wants to play a true freshmen and there is nothing else behind Watson. All that BS ab waiting your turn is BS, ask Vic and all of those seniors if they want someone leading their last chance at a title being in there bc they waited their turn. Actually ask the players what they thought of Chad and if he would play and stop making #### up. Same thing when Bellamy was booted, whole team wanted him there, not the TigerNet attitude from all the grumpy ######## who say everyone wanted them gone

Again, can you provide any evidence at all to

Aug 14, 2014, 5:29 PM

substantiate any of this?

Waiting...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Again, can you provide any evidence at all to

Aug 14, 2014, 5:31 PM

Yes I can. Go look at all of the twitter accounts of the skill players and Dline and secondary, they all had comments about wanting him to stay. I witnessed them all work out together, he want what everyone thinks he is. I don't recall any coach saying anything ab him that I have read on here. Now besides you saying the coaches said that, what is your proof of Kelly being this huge distraction? Please enlighten me

So, your answer is no.

Aug 14, 2014, 5:33 PM

Ok, dude.

Have a nice evening.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: So, your answer is no.

Aug 14, 2014, 6:00 PM

Lol you too. And your evidence of Kelly being this huge distraction that no one got along with and everyone wanted gone? I know what I've been around and seen and heard, I want to know what you have read on tigernet and heard on the radio lol

Bro, you came here spouting off about how we don't know

Aug 14, 2014, 7:12 PM

what we're talking about. And you insinuated that somehow you are in the know. I asked for some evidence, and you said Twitter and seeing some practices. That doesn't amount to much. I frankly don't understand what you are trying to do here other than criticize the coaches and us. Judging by your pulse, not too many people have been convinced.

What happened to Kelly had to be done.

Aug 14, 2014, 4:49 PM

However, I do fear that we are going to get a rude awakening as to just how good Tajh Boyd was and how much we will miss him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened to Kelly had to be done.

Aug 14, 2014, 4:54 PM

Idk, I liked Tajh as much as the next guy. But in all honesty, he was pretty inaccurate more times than not. Sammy and Bryant bailed him several times with great catches and then you throw in all the over throws and careless INT's. He was big on the 3rd down short yardage situations, but I think we'll be just fine with Stoudt and having heavier RB's for those short yardage situations now. Howard is build like JD now and Gallman is a big boy.

Kelly Was A Volcano And He Erupted. Damaging To A Team

Aug 14, 2014, 5:03 PM

He had talent and I was looking forward to see what he
could do for Clemson when it was his time. Watson is
at a higher level now and he is catching on at a steady
pace. Kelly blew it...I'm just glad that he wasn't a
year long distraction and starting for this team now.

Its a good thing we have Stoudt playing at the level
I think he will play at. He will bring a maturity that
this team will need in Athens. Just think If Kelly was
the lead QB and then got kicked off...Poor young Watson
would have a lot on his hands now, wouldn't he.

Watson will play but he is better prepared now because
he has had that time to watch and learn under no
distractions from a player.

Tell 'em Coot***

Aug 14, 2014, 5:06 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could not disagree more

Aug 14, 2014, 5:08 PM

Chad Kelly was a nuisance and a distraction to this football team. He proved through his actions that he was more important in his mind than the team. We don't need guys like that. Skill be d@mned.

Good riddance.

Re: Could not disagree more- amen

Aug 14, 2014, 6:45 PM

glad that high maintenance pre-Madonna is gone. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly let himself go.***

Aug 14, 2014, 5:16 PM

Aug 14, 2014, 5:23 PM

Kelly wasn't a distraction or anything like that to the team. It's easy for ppl to say all of that when he's gone, but they really have no clue. And I agree with the OP. no matter how you try to spin it, Kelly was Morris's first recruit for his offense. He was next, Cole had been on the bench for a long time for a reason. Kelly was here for a reason, such a shame he didnt realize what he had going for him.

Can you provide your first hand experiences

Aug 14, 2014, 5:27 PM

that prove Chad Kelly was not a distraction to this team?

I'll stand by.

Generally I take our coaches on their word, but if you can prove otherwise, great.

Waiting...

Re: Can you provide your first hand experiences

Aug 14, 2014, 5:57 PM

Sorry bud but Kelly was a cancer to the team and you remove the cancer. The reason I know this to be true was the fact that Kelly did not object loudly to what happened to him. He dug his own grave so to speak and he knew it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2014, 6:02 PM

I don't believe he was a cancer my man, I think he got frustrated in certain situations and he was competing for a starting job at a huge program, I think those things happen. But eyes on him since he has been here, so of course everything was blown up. You ppl are crazy if you don't think stuff like this happens every day. Not all of these kids are like the great ones of tigernet who do no wrong and know the best in every situation, I know it's hard to believe but kids make mistakes.

Aug 14, 2014, 6:07 PM

Nothing really special about Kelly that would make "all eyes be on him" any more than any other player. As far as I could tell, the only thing he really had an edge on was having a big mouth and not being able to act like an adult.

It's curious how there are 100 guys on the football team who never had such problems with authority yet us "great ones of Tigernet" are the ones who are in the wrong for calling a spade a spade.

Aug 14, 2014, 6:14 PM

I wasn't considering you as a great one on Tigernet don't worry. He never broke a team rule, he blew up at the spring game and had the incident in the parking lot.

Aug 14, 2014, 6:33 PM

I honestly don't care either way. You're the one calling out people on TNet by and large supporting Dabo's decision for the team. I honestly have no idea what you have to gain by continually coming to Chad's rescue. Unless you're his mother or cousin or something.

Obviously he got kicked off the team b/c he was black***

Aug 14, 2014, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Can you provide your first hand experiences ]

Aug 14, 2014, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Can you provide your first hand experiences ]

I admit you must cut the cancer from the team. He must of said something horrible though, because lets face it. It's Jim Kellys nephew! I can't believe we didn't discriminate on his behalf because of this...

Trollin' ,trollin', trollin'...

Aug 14, 2014, 6:28 PM

Chad let himself go. Time to forget him and move on.

Aug 14, 2014, 6:38 PM

What made you think Kelly was so talented? We only saw him play in two spring games. The first one he looked mediocre at best before blowing out his knee. The second one he looked absolutely awful while throwing two back to back INTs.

The kid was a cancer and didnt belong on our team. Cole is a leader and will do just fine.

I never saw the talent. He looked like krap every time

Aug 14, 2014, 7:15 PM

I saw him. But I think throwing picks and being unable to move the ball are indicators of poor Qb play

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Cole stoudt is the next Peyton Manning***

Aug 14, 2014, 7:20 PM

Re: Cole stoudt is the next Peyton Manning***

Aug 14, 2014, 7:23 PM

XBoxDawg is the next Lukeb81

zing***

Aug 14, 2014, 7:25 PM

Umm, no.***

Aug 14, 2014, 9:51 PM

Aug 14, 2014, 9:51 PM

My thoughts on Kelly - I think it's sad that he didn't make it thru Spring. The positive from that move is that Cole probably gets more reps with the 1's, which makes Cole even better. We need Cole to be at his best to win this game. He needs every rep he can get as he seems to get better and better as the season approaches. For me - I hate it for Chad, but really like it for Cole. Kind of mixed feelings I guess.

But no - we do not NEED Chad to win this game. We will be fine. Grab your popcorn, beer, chips, whatever - and get ready for some excitement.

Aug 14, 2014, 10:17 PM

LOL..we don't even know if he could handle a college game. Cole had already beat him for the starter. Chad will not be missed

Aug 14, 2014, 10:28 PM

So glad Swag is gone. Cole and Co. might get beat up and ma not even win but I think he will be up to the task.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread delivered.***

Aug 14, 2014, 10:51 PM

No player is better than the team

Aug 15, 2014, 6:16 AM

Very few know why he is no longer on the team.
I'll take the bet, no way to prove an unknown
Some had the same view when SW had to be refocused
CK is a young man whom let his mouth and actions over load his ace
Actions = Reactions

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll be just fine without Me-First Kelly

Aug 15, 2014, 7:07 AM

He has a lot of talent. Not a lot of character.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

^ That's right.***

Aug 15, 2014, 7:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic