Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I spoke against the negativity from fans for JL but felt it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,012

I spoke against the negativity from fans for JL but felt it

Jun 5, 2015, 10:26 AM

was time for him to go, with the respect of all Clemson Tigers, players, fans, alum and admin included.

Using the quotes of players that not only played for Leggett but also recruited by him and developed relationships is nothing more than an attempt to create controversy where there shouldn't be any.

Jack Leggett represented Clemson University tremendously over 24 years and deserves more respect than using his players to make Clemson look bad in the public eye. I doubt you'll find any of them that would be happy with the situation.

Give it a rest. On to the next era.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be willing to bet that there were plenty

Jun 5, 2015, 10:35 AM

of players who disliked Jack, just like any great boss or manager, there's always someone who is unhappy whether it's the employee's fault or the boss's fault. The TCI article doesn't surprise me. The man has been here for a long time and has built some solid relationships. He's an incredibly well respected coach. It was time to end the relationship and we knew it wouldn't be easy. TCI gonna TCI, they suck like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

stay in your own thread***

Jun 5, 2015, 10:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

huh? i thought gwp was one of the co-owners with that #####

Jun 5, 2015, 10:40 AM

dsp?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeps, i'm waiting for rtm to put a moratorium on new users

Jun 5, 2015, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I'd be willing to bet that there were plenty ]

again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, no replacement has been hired & i guarantee you the

Jun 5, 2015, 10:37 AM

holes in the program & those that result from the dismissal will be at the forefront of challenges that will be discussed by any suitors.

Re: I spoke against the negativity from fans for JL but felt it

Jun 5, 2015, 10:39 AM

Agree.

I didn't always like the way jack did things but he deserves respect and to be honored for his work here. It will happen in time.

It was also time for this to happen. Must move forward.

It is always difficult to part ways with a legendary coach

Jun 5, 2015, 11:55 AM

You want that relationship to end on good terms, so it's hard to make it an involuntarily termination. Florida State learned this the hard way, and Virginia Tech is in the middle of learning it the hard way. But sometimes it must be done. You acknowledge it was difficult, you acknowledge it sucks, but you also acknowledge that it was necessary. And everyone has to move on and try not to be bitter about it.

If JL was smart...

Jun 5, 2015, 12:00 PM

he would become the baseball version of Danny Ford (assuming he doesn't want to coach somewhere else).

Stay close to campus and sit in the stands and enjoy life. Let someone else deal with the headaches...

Best of luck to him which ever direction he takes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't DRad say he had talked with former players before

Jun 5, 2015, 12:02 PM

making the decision yesterday?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If so I assume he was lying!*

Jun 5, 2015, 12:21 PM

Re: Didn't DRad say he had talked with former players before

Jun 5, 2015, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Didn't DRad say he had talked with former players before ]

yes he did.. he also said that they said what U would expect them to say..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,012
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic