Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could be something, could be nothing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 5,111

Could be something, could be nothing

Jan 30, 2016, 11:30 PM

Gary liked a decommitment post by former Michigan 4 star commit Devery Hamilton. At the very least it shows that he is seeing the backlash of the shady dealings of Harbaugh. Think our chances are slowly creeping up hour by hour this weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how today went

Jan 30, 2016, 11:36 PM

Beautiful weather, beautiful campus, great coaches, players, and families - all set in contrast to multiple de-commitments up north in Michigan. It is obvious the Gary family is aware of this and as smart as they are my money is on they get cold feet no pun intended.

Re: I wonder how today went

Jan 31, 2016, 12:37 AM

One of the huge selling points, that no one talks about is southern hospitality. Many people that were raised in the southeastern US take it for granted. That's a mistake, it doesn't exist in most of the country. People that are not from the southern US think it's a myth or an exaggeration. It takes 6 months to a year for people from outside the southeast to understand that southerners are just plain friendlier and more polite. If you say "hello, how are you", to a stranger in NYC, they'll stare at you longer and harder than if you were a three headed turtle. In South Carolina it's just a normal greeting and the person that said it is actually expecting and willing to listen to the answer. It's a small thing, but it's a huge thing. If Mr Gary can understand that it's a REAL thing......well.......it's something that most places just don't have.

Ann Arbor? Been there.....they ain't got it.

WelL said!***

Jan 31, 2016, 1:24 AM

Sorry about the typo--dang this tablet!!***

Jan 31, 2016, 1:26 AM

Waving hi

Jan 31, 2016, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I wonder how today went ]

I moved down here from Illinois 20 years ago. One of the first things my family noticed and were in love with was how people waved to you if you were driving by and they were out cutting the lawn or something of the sort. Very charming.

Good morning! True story: some years ago while driving

Jan 31, 2016, 7:09 AM

through a neighborhood, an older lady began waving with both hands, and I thought, "How nice is that!"

Got a couple of houses past hers and had to brake suddenly. Turned out that I had a flat.....and she was trying to warn me! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mental note - 1 hand OK, 2 hands not OK***

Jan 31, 2016, 9:04 AM

* And, "Y'all Come Back..Ya Hear!"

Jan 31, 2016, 10:19 AM

Oh how the South is different..but at HHisland & a zillion other places in the South the Yankees have moved down & taken over.

I'd say 75% of people around here are Yanks..if not, they are illegals drawn here over last 10+ years due to construction & hospitality industry.

Ok I guess, as long as they like Grits & say Howdy!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some folks have tried to call me

Jan 31, 2016, 11:27 AM

a Yankee before to which I reply that I am, or was, a "Midwesterner". Born in Wisconsin in fact.
But when I do make it back up north, err, to the Midwest, I am told I have a southern accent. So perhaps we can persuade all the transplants to start waving at cars passing by and to recognize that a hot dog all the way can mean different things depending where you are.

Re: Waving hi

Jan 31, 2016, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Waving hi ]

They might have been telling you to slow down :)

Jan 31, 2016, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I wonder how today went ]

Hmmmm? I've been to Michigan more than once, and the people (ALL of them) seem pretty friendly to me. I'm not sure I can agree with your assessment of people's hospitality in Michigan.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express when I was there. That might be the difference. :)

Jan 31, 2016, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I wonder how today went ]

Unfortunately the tigerNet system will only allow "one" thumbs up, otherwise, I would have given you many more for your post. This is not a slam on any other part of the country but is a complement to the folks from the south.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be selling him on being part of possibly

Jan 31, 2016, 8:10 AM

the greatest front four in college football history. Think about it - Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Clelin Ferrell, and Rashan Gary. No way the quarterback gets the ball off beyond 2 seconds. Unstoppable!

Re: Could be something, could be nothing

Jan 31, 2016, 10:13 AM

I think the kid had kind words about Michigan in his decommit post, may be why Gary liked it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 5,111
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic