Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Germains maybe, but Clemson did Not sell out a single home game even with a NC Team!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Germains maybe, but Clemson did Not sell out a single home game even with a NC Team!

Jun 4, 2019, 7:45 PM

According to ~> Greenville News article...

Avg attendance % was 98.7 ~

Avg attendance was 80,400.

Largest crowd was for Coot game at 81,436.

8,000 tix were allocated for Coot Fans.

Attendance problems are affecting most all colleges due to high tix prices, parking, gas prices, ease of watching game on tv free..but for Clemson the ACC & other opponent's small traveling fan base was detrimental.

This year's record of not selling out a single home game broke the streak going back to 2009.

Oh, Ta&m fans have already purchased 5,000 tix for big game at Death Valley.

And, 5 teams Did sell out all of their home games. They are: UGa, OK, Michigan, Nebraska & Utah.

Pretty impresive^

Hey, don't shoot the messenger!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but most of those teams'

Jun 4, 2019, 7:49 PM

Fans only had to plan for, maybe, 13 games. Plus, being in the middle of the country cuts down on distance, too. ;)

And then...to your point...ticket prices. Are you going to watch Georgia Southern and accrue the associated expense you cited, or are you going to sell the tix for whatever and pocket the saving to get to Dallas or Santa Clara. Face it, Tiger fans have different priorities than in prior years.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Germains maybe, but Clemson did Not sell out a single home game even with a NC Team!

Jun 4, 2019, 8:23 PM

The GD Germans ain’t got nothing to do with attendance

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Germains maybe, but Clemson did Not sell out a single home game even with a NC Team!

Jun 4, 2019, 8:23 PM

As far as I'm concerned, 80,000 + Natty = Sellout!

You should go watch those 5 teams

Jun 4, 2019, 8:24 PM

Oh wait, you can’t, no seats left

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should go watch those 5 teams

Jun 4, 2019, 8:34 PM

To get a sell out, you have to replace the Hill students who do not show up. The cure is simple. One hour before Kickoff, take all Hill tickets not used and sell them at face value first come, first served. You still have given the non attending students a chance and will give the average Joe a chance to get himself and maybe his kids into a Tiger football game at a reasonable price. And also put the screws to the corporate ticket scalpers you see selling tickets for 300 to 600 dollars each. Caveat Emptor

Re: You should go watch those 5 teams

Jun 4, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to You should go watch those 5 teams ]

One fact to keep in mind about attendance at Death Valley is the actual number of seats. The stadium capacity is listed as 81,500, but that number includes 5,000 tickets for the hill which are technically standing room tickets and not actual seats. The actual seating capacity is between 76 and 77,000. I am not aware of any other school that includes standing room tickets in its listed seating capacity.

Jun 4, 2019, 8:54 PM

The more we win and especially blowout teams attendance will drop. Winning is fun but people want to see good games and beating a team by 30 is not exciting for some fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll clarify your meaning...

Jun 4, 2019, 8:57 PM

Beating Bama or the Coots by 28 is a blast. Beating Georgia Southern or Kent State by 42...not so much! Amirite? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 8:57 PM

That Nebraska sellout steak is very impressive. According to the Interwebs, they've sold out the last 368 home games dating back to 1962. This includes after recent expansion that have increased stadium capacity to 90,000.

I went to a few games when I was there in 2014. It's a good time, and fit for a cfb bucket list.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 7:27 AM

What the heck else can one do in Nebraska except shuck corn? Watching those corn fed younguns play football is it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Germains maybe, but Clemson did Not sell out a single home game even with a NC Team! ]

I remember going to the bowl game vs Nebraska in 08 and was surprised at how many Nebraska fans showed up. They outnumbered us and they were about 1500-2000 miles further from the bowl game than us. They love their football team that’s for sure. Too bad they don’t have a better place program

Jun 4, 2019, 8:58 PM

Another factor is that Clemson likely has one of the smallest towns for a major university. Most towns have 100,000, 200,000, 300,000 of local fans to help fill the stadium. Clemson fans, for the most part, come from out of town. Big factor in selling out the games.

Jun 4, 2019, 10:27 PM

Even though I live in SE Virginia, I went to every home game at Clemson for the last 3 years. I guess I'm hooked? Maybe I need counseling? :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:51 PM

According to Greenville News article...

Avg attendance % was 98.7 ~

Avg attendance was 80,400.

Largest crowd was for Coot game at 81,436.

8,000 tix were allocated for Coot Fans.

Attendance problems are affecting most all colleges due to tix prices, parking, gas prices, ease of watching game on tv free..but for Clemson the ACC & other opponent's small traveling fan base is detrimental.
Just shut up, please .
This year's record of not selling out a single home game broke the streak going back to 2009.

Oh, Ta&m fans have already purchased 5,000 tix for big game at Death Valley.

And, 5 teams Did sell out all of their home games. They are: UGa, OK, Michigan, Nebraska & Utah.

Pretty impresive^

Hey, don't shoot the messenger!!!!

Dang Peeps - you only get 7 chances a year to see the Tigers

Jun 4, 2019, 10:01 PM

play in Death Valley! I cannot fathom sitting at home with tickets in my pockets. Clemson is All That! Gameday is incredible. Don't care who we play, what time we play - just gotta be there for the experience.

Yes I do sweat and No I do not have prime seats (as defined by others) but some of the best days on earth are right there in "little ole Clemson"!

Guess I am All In.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thoughts I have!

Jun 5, 2019, 4:48 AM

I travel from Geneva Switzerland in August to God's Country for the season! I'm retired, so it's a little easier for me, but people who live in the state of SC, why wouldn't you want to be in God's Country?!!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Same thoughts I have!

Jun 5, 2019, 7:14 AM

You retired to Geneva? Beats my trailer down by the river, I’m sure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 10:31 PM

Who cares. I'll take National Championships anyday.

Jun 5, 2019, 7:14 AM

To be honest, you can see and follow the game much better on a big screen TV. For myself, I have an inner ear disease and can't tolerate loud noise. So, that pretty scotch scattering Clemson games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 7:19 AM

Furman
Georgia southern
'Cuse
NCSU
Louisville
Duke
USC

None of them was a "big" game, with actual implications. Yes, USC is the rival, and of course we want to stomp them. But when we're favored by a hundred in every game, some people just don't show up. This year with aTm coming to town (and FSU, and GT) I expect we'll sell out a few more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is this the least bit noteworthy?

Jun 5, 2019, 7:53 AM

I have never quite understood the fascination many people have with attendance. Seems odd to me.

Clemson plays at home and the stadium is packed. It does not make any difference if the 'packed' crowd is counted as 76,000 or 82,000. It's a great crowd. It's loud and passionate and our Tigers have a big home field edge. It's hard to beat us in Death Valley.

So why sweat the empty corners or the space on the hill?

Nebraska has a long string of sellouts? Cool. They last won a natty 20+ years ago. In the past 20 years, our Tigers have won 2 full seasons worth of games MORE than Nebraska. Let'm keep their home sell out streak.

Remember when so many people were all dizzy over how faithful South Carolina fans were during the streak when the Gamecocks went 1-21? Oooooh! Gamecock fans are so supportive it doesn't matter to the fans whether they win or lose. Great fans at SC! It's 20 years later and the Gamecocks still mostly suck.

Tiger fans ought not be concerned over sideshow stuff that does not matter even a little bit. Everyone in America knows Clemson plays great football and that we fanatically support our Tigers.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks coot, any last requests?***

Jun 5, 2019, 8:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks coot, any last requests?***

Jun 5, 2019, 8:50 AM

Two other factors to be considered are:

1. Clemson has a smaller living alumni base than most Power Five Schools. Clemson’s living alumni base just surpassed 150,000 in the last several years.

2. Clemson University is located in the smallest host city of all Power Five schools.

We should cover the 4 upper corners of the upper decks

Jun 5, 2019, 9:28 AM

with Chic-Fil-A Banners ... for recruiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ich verstehe nur banhof

Jun 5, 2019, 3:30 PM

Prost!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic