Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Ford named to CFB Hall of Fame Ballot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

FB Update: Ford named to CFB Hall of Fame Ballot

Jun 1, 2016, 4:48 PM

Ford named to CFB Hall of Fame Ballot

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About time since Danny is STILL youngest FB HC to win Natty!

Jun 1, 2016, 6:00 PM

Saying, he's paid his dues for NCAA violations..10 x more than cheating Heels!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About time since Danny is STILL youngest FB HC to win Natty!

Jun 2, 2016, 1:56 PM

Was there every any violations committed under Ford. I don't think there was. From the meetings I went to back then there were allegations, some thought brought out by CU administration to combat ford wanting player dorms etc, but I don't recall one single infraction ever tied to Ford. Now Pell that's a different story

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: About time since Danny is STILL youngest FB HC to win Natty!

Jun 3, 2016, 9:20 AM

I don't know if there were "any", but no major violations. There were planty for ugay while Vince was there, and nobody to blame but him. They all happened on his watch, and also on the watch of Goff. I once did a look-up of NCAA infractions, and ugay had more than Clemson ever thought of, and most of ours happened as a result of Tates Locke, the BB coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Ford named to CFB Hall of Fame Ballot

Jun 1, 2016, 7:13 PM

He certainly deserves it, especially considering some who have been inducted. If Vince Dooly is in there, Danny, absolutely should be there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2016, 7:27 AM

> He certainly deserves it, especially considering some
> who have been inducted. If Vince Dooly is in there,
> Danny, absolutely should be there.

Character and integrity must be a prerequisite.

Jun 2, 2016, 10:08 AM

Couldn't be if Vince Dooly is in it. You know very little about Vince, if you think he is of higher character than Danny Ford. Vince is as smarmy as any coach you can imagine. Not saying he wasn't successful, but don't for a moment think he is of higher character than Danny Ford. Why do you think Vince had to withdraw from his very short run for State Senate?

Jun 2, 2016, 1:47 PM

At least up until now the HOF voters seem to disagree. Ford is the Pete Rose of college football. His professional peers apparently have issues voting him in.

I'VE FOUND IT, WINNER FOR IPOTM!!!!!!

Jun 2, 2016, 3:30 PM

I know it's only June 2, but it really can't bet more delusional than this.

Enjoy another underachieving season leg humper.

Glad y'all got a coach that will get you over the hump... lulz..... Ray Goff 2.0 But yeah, you have fun with that.

Jun 2, 2016, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Ford named to CFB Hall of Fame Ballot ]

Overlooking that you are a UGa fan and lurking on a Clemson site, which is sort of like a dyke wanting to use the men's bathroom, I fear you may have hit the nail on the head.

I will not suggest that I am "in the know" as to all the causes for Clemson's very stern punishment by both the NCAA and the ACC, but I have long been told nothing of any significance was done by or for Danny. But this doesnt really matter.

Despite the fact that Danny was as good a coach as any, despite the fact that Danny was sought after by several schools and coached, without accusation of infractions, after his time at Clemson, he does seem to be very much like the Pete Rose of college football.

It seems Danny has a taint about him which, in the noses of too many, will be forever fresh even if he may have been less guilty than was Rose. So we have the regrettable aspect of a guy who may have been not guilty (I will not go so far as to say 'completely innocent'), we also have the disgusting aspect which is that some of those who smell the taint most freshly are themselves no less innocent.

There is also the aspect which is; what is the man like today. Danny still enjoys a lot of affection. I havent heard of him having done anything objectionable since he left Clemson and he gives all appearances of having offered continuing penitence for the damage associated with the accusations - which makes the truth of your assessment; that he is the Pete Rose of college football all the more objectionable.

Danny's accomplishment was astounding, but I suspect he will never be inducted for the very reason the leghumper asserts.

Jun 3, 2016, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Ford named to CFB Hall of Fame Ballot ]

You are right. The media bias is alive and well, and fortunate for you secheat fans, you reap huge benefits for it. That's okay. We are doing just fine. And by the way, it was Charlie Pell who quickly moved to an secheat school (and promptly got them on probation, too) that was our problem. It was Vince who got your program on probation, and he remained in place after it.

U been around too many #### fans, we ain't talkin about Charlie Pell***

Jun 2, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Ford named to CFB Hall of Fame Ballot ]

Jun 2, 2016, 7:21 AM

Third time?

Jun 2, 2016, 6:00 PM

Who are the actual voters? Ford should definitely be in!!! GO TIGERS!

Well deserved Coach Ford! No telling how many more

Jun 2, 2016, 9:51 PM

You would've won for us here had we retained you through it all but that ship has sailed. Thanks for all you did Coach

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to add some

Jun 4, 2016, 12:18 PM

"In 2013, Ford was inducted into the Clemson Football Ring of Honor at Memorial Stadium. He is also a member of the Clemson Hall of Fame, the State of South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame and the State of South Carolina Football Hall of Fame. "

1998 Gator Bowl Hall of Fame
2011 Orange Bowl Hall of Fame

Hope to see CFBHOF. Well deserved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic