Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some people think this is the A&M game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,365

Some people think this is the A&M game

Sep 18, 2019, 10:10 AM

Due to my schedule, it is not possible for me to attend all the games, so I no longer buy season tickets. I go to about 4 home and 2 away games each year. I usually either go online or buy them at the game.

I wasn't planning on going on Saturday, but my two teenagers want to go and each take a friend. I said fine, as it is not a big game and there will be plenty of tickets outside to buy. The game isn't a sellout, and you can buy uppers for $40 directly from Clemson.

I thought that I would look on Tigernet and see about finding some lower level tickets, and I don't mind paying face value or a little over for lowers. I immediately got a laugh when I saw what people are asking for tickets! Obviously some people think just because they sold their tickets for significantly over value for A&M that they can get the same for this game. Many of the ads are asking for $100-$150 a ticket! One guy had 5 tickets for $700. I contacted him about paying less, and he stated that if he didn't get $700 that he would rather eat them!

Tickets to events are one of the best indicators of free market enterprise in business. Based upon the game, the market will dictate what the value is. In 2016, I went to FSU and paid $125 a ticket. I went to the game last year and people were giving away tickets. I paid $600 for 3 lowers for A&M-this is what the market dictated. The schools are coming very close to pricing itself out of what people will pay. With all of us having 65 inch TVs, many people are chosing not to go to the games. As big as the Alabama game was last week for SC, it was not a sellout at game time.

If you would rather eat your tickets instead of selling them at a reasonable price, that is your choice. But that leaves empty seats in the stands and takes away from the atmosphere at the game. Clemson wants as many people there, as each person is going to spend money on food/souvenirs, etc. Therefore, I hope people will be more reasonable with their tickets that they don't want to use so that more people can attend the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone is confusing Texas A&M with

Sep 18, 2019, 10:16 AM

UNCC. They are two different schools and two very different football programs. HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

IPTAY got into their pocket

Sep 18, 2019, 10:25 AM

So I understand the attempt to recoup as much as possible. It isn't realistic in the market as you stated though.

Obesity

Sep 18, 2019, 10:26 AM

I'd be happy if my seatmates didn't show up.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al AND WORLD CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

uh, you do realize this is parents day. Clemson has

Sep 18, 2019, 10:34 AM

20,000 students. Many of these students have 2 parents on avg.

You can do the math.

NOT TO MENTION THAT YOU ARE GONNA BE IN A FREAKING DISNEY MOVIE.

You can find plenty sellers of lower level tickets at game

Sep 18, 2019, 10:42 AM

you wont have any trouble getting face value tickets for the lower level. Just go, its UNCC - no matter what people say online or sell online days previous to the game .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

yeah it is pretty funny seeing these super bowl priced tix

Sep 18, 2019, 10:42 AM

on tigernet sometimes. Used to be a good resource but now its just a resources for spending 40% more for tickets. Stubhub is good for face value tickets except you gotta pay the fees. Only buy there if you find a good seat. Otherwise just go the stadium an hour before kickoff and i'm sure you'll find more than your fair share of tickets available. I bet you can get 4 for $100. Most people don't want to wait around and sell tickets when there are 50 other sellers out there. And have fun with it. Most folks are level headed and understand 25 bucks is better than 0.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,365
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic