Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY giving levels and seat locations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

IPTAY giving levels and seat locations

Feb 10, 2020, 10:09 AM

I have the opportunity to increase my IPTAY giving going into the new 2020 year and wondering from those with recent experience - if I move to Champion level ($900 annually) and get 2 "Tangerine" level season tickets ($350 min per seat) - any idea where I can reasonably expect to get assigned?

Tangerine shows lower deck end line to 20s and medium low in upper decks.

Just curious if really any chance at lowers - I would assume not but just wondering...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

19 yr champion donor, i put in for tangerine seats

Feb 10, 2020, 10:18 AM

Every year.. I'm not in tangerine seats.

They offer 2 seats every year in lower bowl but they are always in the corners.

I'd rather sit in my top deck north seat that is right, smack dab on the 50 yard line.

If you don't want to watch the game or just want to watch on the screens.. you can probably get tangerine seats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Btw.. you only have to donate $700 for those seats

Feb 10, 2020, 10:21 AM

You don't have to go to champion..

Donor level is more about parking at this level.

I prefer lot 16 which is 1 of the least preferred.. I could drop down to like $400 ...and keep my seats and parking pass.

But.. ....i'm hoping some day.. some how..I can move to 1 of those 50 yard line tangerine seats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Btw.. you only have to donate $700 for those seats

Feb 10, 2020, 10:30 AM

So I think you are saying you are sitting in Red or Pink seats on the 50 correct? How high up? Just curious.

Re: Btw.. you only have to donate $700 for those seats

Feb 10, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Btw.. you only have to donate $700 for those seats ]

Walking up and down those hills on campus if not use to it, Parking would be more of a concern for me than seats as long as not in the end zone. I have been in DV a bunch of times over my 57 years, never been an IPTAY donor, but I've always sat between the 30s somewhere in between UD-UG sections, and have bought Tickets in the lower bowl. Honestly, I liked the seats between UD-UG much better than in the lower bowl, I could see the game/plays better from anywhere between the UD-UG section!!! All of the games I've been to in DV, and it has been a bunch of them, I have never once sat on the visitors side of DV, and I have never been in the upper deck on either side. I will say this, most of my time going to the games in DV, most of them were before Dabo, only maybe 15-20 times since Dabo and becoming disable and just had to stop going. Only God knows how much I do miss that excitement of being in DV during a FB game. The Danny Ford and Dabo games the excitement was through the roof, nothing better than DV on a Saturday and playing winning FB!!! I'm at an age where things are easy to forget, but those memories are still at the front of my memory. Being a Tiger fan for 57 years has created more happiness and more heartbreak than almost anything else in my life!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont know for sure but tend to think it wouldnt help this yr

Feb 10, 2020, 10:29 AM

but it would for future years. As I understand things, for people to move up seating, it would take current season tickets holders from those sections vacating those seats by moving up themselves or choosing to downgrade. They will not move people from their seats for a higher donor as long as that person is paying the minimum amount required for those seats. Even if they reseat, the people in those seats currently would be given first dibs to pony up and retain those seats. I think there is a big waiting list for lower seats. Again im not positive, but I think when seats are vacated those seats are awarded to the next donor on the list with the highest amount of priority points. So by uping your donation today, it may not help you next season, but would help you accrue points so that you will have more points in the future to move up the list.

You may not move at all...

Feb 10, 2020, 10:40 AM

It all depends on seat availability in those areas of your level of giving.

It's a trickle down effect.

If the people ahead of you who are paying more money and for a longer period of time don't move up, you've got nowhere to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: IPTAY giving levels and seat locations

Feb 10, 2020, 10:55 AM

its like a lot has explained , it's really not gonna matter about you increasing your level of giving, it will also have to do with your years of giving total. and again people will more likely have to move, im in the same situation this year, I give at the champion level but has been stuck in seats that are only 100 seats in upper level.. you can always ask bout being moved is what iptay told me cause I also said, no sense in me giving at this level if my seats are not gonna be any better, I could give the minimum and keep the same seats. but they told me there is no guarantee that you will be moved. im hoping to get better seating this year , if not, ill sit in the same seats with people I have gotten to know over the years

Feb 10, 2020, 11:05 AM

I'm assuming that the IPTAY McFadden $6,500 donors, (up $500 from last year) they are in pretty good seats!!! But what is money if you have it, you should enjoy it in ways that makes you the happiest, RIGHT. It saddens me to say that I don't have it, and never had very much of it. I'll try and do better in my next life I hope!!!

http://www.iptaycuad.com/pdf9/5478861.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28510

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 11:13 AM

As others have said, your chance of getting into the lower deck soon are slim regardless of how much you give. A great many folks like me have been sitting in our lower deck seats for 45 years or more and we are going to die still owning the right to 'our' seats. If they doubled the required minimum giving amount for the tangerine seats, I think most people would pay up and renew their 'license' to keep buying the lower bowl tangerine tickets. I suspect the giving levels for IPTAY parking are going to increase a good bit. Some of us will keep buying our tickets and just park farther and farther away as those prices go up.

My sister graduated 12 years after I did and her tickets are in the upper deck. I've sat in her seats more than a few times and the view from up there is pretty good.

Feb 10, 2020, 1:35 PM

You won't have a shot at lower level tickets for less than $6500 and based on recent years, probably not at less than Fike or Heisman level.

A Champion Level donation will put you pretty much at the bottom of the barrel as far as season ticket requests go. That map you are referring to is more of a guideline of what you have to donate each year to keep your seats, than it is what you need to donate to get those seats. So if you donated $12,000 this year and were assigned 2 lower level seats in the tangerine section, next year you would only have to donate $700 to have the first right of refusal for those 2 seats. That is why it's rare for people to give up their seats in the lower level.

For someone to get lower level seats, a current lower level seat holder has to give it up. Then IPTAY will reassign first based on Donation Level, then by Priority Points within each level. So a first year donor at the Tiger level ($1700) would be given a higher priority for those lower level seats than a 50 year donor who donates at the Champion Level ($900), even though the 50 year donor would have accumulated many more priority points. Generally the 1000 or so lower level tickets that come available each year are assigned to Riggs, Heisman, and Fike donors who requested lower level tickets, and are all gone by the time they get down to McFadden level or lower donation levels.

Champion will likely be upper level section TDK OR TDT about 15-20 rows up. If you specifically request something closer to the 50, you will likely get assigned 25-30 rows up, in TDN-TDQ. Generally they'll assign you the lowest row possible unless you request something different.

Feb 10, 2020, 1:36 PM

98% of season ticket holders renew their tickets. So there are only about 1600 tickets available in the entire stadium for new ticket holders. Probably only 500 or less are lower deck. Your pecking order for those seats are by level, then points. $900 wont get you lower deck. Sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 5:11 PM

I give at the Champion level to stay off of the shuttle bus. I am low in the South upper deck and have people around me that give more than I do. I have my seats because I have been in IPTAY awhile.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic