Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any one else have IPTAY issues???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Any one else have IPTAY issues???

Jul 20, 2014, 7:58 PM

Sorry boys, need to vent. After a week of calling IPTAY 5 times, 2 voicemails left and 3 "messages taken" to speak with a certain individual over there without a response, I'm a bit annoyed. I understand they are busy but they have the time to send me postage on donating more but can't pick up the phone for 3 minutes? Since my original call was about donating more, I'm asking myself now if I should be looking at other places/charities to take the money that actually give a hoot.. I'll support my tigers from here to anywhere, but IPTAY has lost it's touch with it's own fan base and I'm about fed up. Not sure what the next step is for me. If you've got any suggestions I'm willing to take them. And no, the certain individual won't be named at this point, but I'm debating whether or not a blast email to every registered address there calling him on his "work ethic" is worth my time.. Thanks for listening fellas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any one having an answering machine should be fired. I

Jul 20, 2014, 8:02 PM

bought a car, last week, from another dealer because he answered his phone, whereas, another had a ---- answering machine.

Re: Any one having an answering machine should be fired. I

Jul 20, 2014, 8:08 PM

Bit off message but point taken I guess. I'm not finding a new team, but I give far and above equity plans for only 2 seats etc, BC I feel it'll help.. Starting to get the feeling they don't give a hoot. Even better, we were considering bumping to heisman next year but that's highly unlikely at this point. May just buy a permanent parking at tiger walk or something and drop to bar minimum donation for IPTAY. At least the real estate agent will call me back....

Your IPTAY rep can't answer your questions? Besides, you don't need to call

Jul 20, 2014, 8:22 PM

them to up your donor level, if that's really what you wanted to do; you can do that online.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Your IPTAY rep can't answer your questions? Besides, you don't need to call

Jul 20, 2014, 8:28 PM

Maybe I should have clarified. Had nothing to do with yearly donor level.. It was a separate larger donation we were considering giving but for a specific purpose for athletics...The donor level mark was just a comment on typical annual givings. And I don't have a IPTAY rep. Like you said, always do our yearly online without convo.

congratulations. I've been trying to kick

Jul 21, 2014, 8:10 AM

My iptay rep to the curve for about 5 years ...yet every year his name shows up on my donor card.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Any one else have IPTAY issues???

Jul 20, 2014, 8:25 PM

I am an alumnus. I bleed orange. I've been a season ticket holder for almost 40 years and I've been an IPTAY member for more than 40 years. With those bonafides, let me say...

...that often over my tenure out in the crowd, I've noted that IPTAY and the Athletic Department have often acted like a Mom and Pop organization, lacking a good bit in administrative and communication skill. They have frequently shown a regrettable air that they, the organization and the insiders, not the in the seat fans are what's important to Clemson. Individually there have been many people who are unfailingly polite and dedicated but the guys in middle management too often come across as pretty self important.

You are not the first who tried to talk to them and got no return call, or who emailed them and got back the dreaded standard response, or who were ignored once the ship of state got headed off in a given direction.

Over a lifetime every single 'little' IPTAY member is a potential $30-60,000 lifetime donor. Every season ticket holder is a $30-50,000 customer. One would hope such customers would always get outstanding service.

A call back from someone before the COB should be the minimum acceptable level of service and the call should be accompanied by a 'the customer is king' attitude even if the bottom line is a 'sorry but we can't do that now' response.

They have a ways to go to get where they need to be.

That's my two cents worth.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any one else have IPTAY issues???

Jul 20, 2014, 8:33 PM

Well said Harley...I'm young. Only been giving for 4 years, but not sure I'll be around for 30 more years if their attitudes towards the fans that keep them employed doesn't change. Like you said, we the fans are IPTAY, not them.

As an Iptay Rep, I have to regretably agree with you.

Jul 20, 2014, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Any one else have IPTAY issues??? ]

Personal touch is no more, Sort of like a big bank that says it desires your business, buy doesn't want to give the personal service of the smaller bank

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As an Iptay Rep, I have to regretably agree with you.

Jul 20, 2014, 8:42 PM

That's sad to hear bud...

IPTAY Reps are not really heplful - merely goowill

Jul 20, 2014, 9:00 PM [ in reply to As an Iptay Rep, I have to regretably agree with you. ]

ambassadors !

I have been a member of IPTAY since 1976 and have found the office to be only marginally helpful . When George Bennett ran it , there was a member/customer focus . However , it has been a while since I felt appreciated when I call , which is not often - once ever 2 or 3 years .

It is the middle of July

Jul 20, 2014, 8:45 PM

Any chance this one particular person you're calling was on vacation last week?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: It is the middle of July

Jul 20, 2014, 8:47 PM

I wish. Was told twice when I asked if he was there was told yes, literally just saw him, I'll forward you over..where I left a voicemail. Another time, he just left for lunch. So I left a "message taken".

Jul 20, 2014, 8:57 PM

I'm also an IPTAY Rep and have been very disappointed over the last several years in the lack of response to messages. Regretably, I now just accept that is the way it is and there is little can be done to change it.

Jul 20, 2014, 9:07 PM

So that's 2 IPTAY reps out of 5 responses knocking their own customer driven attitude... Appreciate the honesty to step out. Doesn't sound good for the fans. You've made my point. Clearly this isn't an isolated incident.

Captain check tmail***

Jul 20, 2014, 9:19 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic