Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO the most overrated current Clemson fb player is........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

IMO the most overrated current Clemson fb player is........

Aug 3, 2016, 3:05 PM

Artavis Scott.

I'd first like to say that I like him and believe he is very good football player, a quality person and does several things really well (ie. open field running, sure handed on punt returns, is tough, and very difficult to bring down). Just because you think a guy is overrated doesn't mean you don't think he is really good. Carmelo Anthony is overrated as a basketball player, but he's still a really good player. I just think as a WR Artavis has a lot of areas to improve in particular catching balls down the field. He is really highly regarded based on his placement on all the watch lists and preseason All-ACC/American teams from various sports groups. I just don't think he's quite on that level. Some people think he's our best WR even with a healthy Mike Williams because he has high reception numbers (even though we all know the bulk of his catches are those quick passes that we often use as an extension of our running game). He's not close to Mike's level IMO and an argument could be made that he isn't better than Cain or Renfrow as a pure WR. Again, I think he's a very good football player, but is a little too over-hyped as a WR right now.

First runner up is C. Watkins. Again, a very good player, but I have yet to see Grady Jarrett level dominance in the middle. I'm seeing preseason first team All-American level honors and 1st Rd draft pick lock type accolades. He could get there, but I just haven't seen it yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty good when our most "overrated player"

Aug 3, 2016, 3:06 PM

could still play a ton on 95% of all teams

Danced With The Devil into The Endzone More Than Once..

Aug 3, 2016, 4:21 PM
Scott 2.jpg(29.3 K)
scott.jpg(54.7 K)

Scott can play some ball!

### kind of post is this?

Aug 3, 2016, 3:08 PM

Our All-Conference WR and DT are overrated?

SMH get outta here

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may be the worst topic EVER created.***

Aug 3, 2016, 3:12 PM

Re: This may be the worst topic EVER created.***

Aug 3, 2016, 3:16 PM

Pretty stupid to say any of our players are overrated. Not for us to do that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, is it time to play 'Troll or Moron?' again?***

Aug 3, 2016, 3:15 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna go Moron..***

Aug 3, 2016, 3:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do we have to choose?***

Aug 3, 2016, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Oh, is it time to play 'Troll or Moron?' again?*** ]

Re: IMO the most overrated current Clemson fb player is........

Aug 3, 2016, 3:19 PM

Didnt want to waste brain cells, so copy and paste:

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Hmm...let's see Artavis is likely to be our all time leading

Aug 3, 2016, 3:59 PM

receiver after just 3 seasons. Despite what some have said he is a deep threat and does a nice job high pointing the ball. He has incredible fight to put the ball across the goal line. How many times have you seen him give that extra fight at the goal line only to drag DBs for the TD....I lost count.

He is underrated if you ask me. A more interesting question is how will the NFL evaluate him since he isn't the pro-typical size? I hope he gets his due in the draft, if not I think somebody is going to get a steal.

Re: So, did you hit your head on something today?

Aug 3, 2016, 3:19 PM

Or does this kind of crap just come naturally to you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Wasn't he the speed sweep coot killer couple of years ago?

Aug 3, 2016, 3:20 PM

If so he earned his way that Saturday imo!

Re: Wasn't he the speed sweep coot killer couple of years ago?

Aug 3, 2016, 4:16 PM
scott.jpg(54.7 K)

Danced by Sky Moore

Artavis Scott led the team in receptions,

Aug 3, 2016, 3:21 PM

93 receptions for 901 yards. Almost twice the number of receptions of anyone else on the team in an outstanding receiver corps. Byoc certainly read that at the end of practice getter day that him, hunter renfrow, and deshaun Watson were the last ones to leave practice. Overrated, I think not. Call him an overachiever if you want. But you are an ### for posting this about a player who brings it every down and is consistent and does what he needs to. He's not as sexy as say a mike Williams or deon Cain but I'll take Scott any day of the week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2016, 3:22 PM

Carlos Watkins will have a monster year this season and be no worse than a 2nd round pick in the NFL Draft. Might be first, but the NFL runs in cycles on the value of positions.

A. Scott is who he is. A valued member of an exciting offense. He was also banged up last year as well. I wouldn't say he is over-rated, ur rather you may be over-comparing him. By that I mean he ISN'T M. Williams. He isn't a downfield guy so much as just a dude you want to give him the ball in space. He is a playmaker that I personally feel makes the car go fast as he has such a great connection with Watson.

Aug 3, 2016, 3:23 PM

@$#@

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Aug 3, 2016, 3:23 PM

TAY SCOTT ROCKS!!!!

Deserves every accolade he gets!!!

¿Qué? I'd go with DW4, but what do I know.

Aug 3, 2016, 3:31 PM

;)
Scott is a beast! Who do we count on to not mishandle a punt? Then the fact that he's a ridiculous WR, that's incredible in the open field, runs great routes, etc...... Guess we're all entitled to our own opinion, but I just don't understand your logic on this. If that's the way you feel, it's nobody's right to tell you what to think. I just don't know how many people are going to agree with you on this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

eh i would disagree

Aug 3, 2016, 3:53 PM

he is an element of our offense that many teams would kill for. quick passes that turn into first downs. he is one of the best position receivers in the ACC. Switzer of UNC is pretty similar in that they do what they are supposed to do. They catch the ball and get 1st downs.

if we are going to play this game of most overrated player on our team then why not pick someone hasn't lived up to the hype?

A. Scott came in and not too many people thought he would have the freshman season he had...yet by the end of the season he was our best receiver when it came down to it. Last season he started off playing great, but suffered an injury somewhere during the season and wasn't himself, but all he did was have almost 100 catches. He is a solid guy and not at all overrated.

Aug 3, 2016, 3:58 PM

I personally overlook Artavis sometimes. I think because a ton of his catches come on slants and screens and quick passes where he has a 15 yard catch but 13 yards of that were YAC I forget about him sometimes. I mean at the end of the season he had the second most catches ever in a season for Clemson and if I would have guessed I'd say he probably had like 50-60 catches, and that's not even close to what he finished at.

He doesn't just go get it like Sammy did or Mike Williams and Deon Cain do, his big plays are after the catch and I personally think he is overshadowed, not overrated at all.

Aug 3, 2016, 4:12 PM

He made a he!! of a catch in Athens his freshman year. Went over the top of the DB and made the catch from Watson. Been getting better and better ever since.

Why even start this thread? Its meant to he negative and shows a profound

Aug 3, 2016, 3:59 PM

lack of appreciation and respect for the individual young men that make up my beloved Tigers. You should do yourself a favor and delete the original post. Shame on you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 3, 2016, 4:00 PM

WOW, STARTING A THREAD ABOUT OVERATED PLAYERS ON THE TEAM YOU SUPPOSEDLY PULL FOR. NOTHING SHOULD SURPRISE ME NOW THOUGH IN THIS SEWER.

De, look at the replies.. dude got slammed. However, to call tnet a sewer

Aug 3, 2016, 4:09 PM

and lump as all with a bad post isn't necessary. . If you feel that way, leave. Somehow we'll manage without your insulting all caps posts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: De, look at the replies.. dude got slammed. However, to call tnet a sewer

Aug 3, 2016, 4:11 PM

OH IT IS A SEWER. EVER BEEN IN HERE WHEN WE ARE GETTING BEAT IN ANY SPORT.

Been reading since 2002. Registered like 5 yrs ago. So, yes.

Aug 3, 2016, 4:18 PM

But I appreciate that not everything here is removed by mods. I think it speaks volumes to have a bad post follwed by 30 ridiculing it. Clearly the majority shows its colors.

null

Been reading since 2002. Registered like 5 yrs ago. So, yes.

Aug 3, 2016, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: De, look at the replies.. dude got slammed. However, to call tnet a sewer ]

But I appreciate that not everything here is removed by mods. I think it speaks volumes to have a bad post follwed by 30 ridiculing it. Clearly the majority shows its colors.

null

Aug 3, 2016, 4:01 PM

Wow...unbelievable

Hit report abuse button on this idjit...***

Aug 3, 2016, 4:09 PM

Just did - need 4 more, I guess.***

Aug 3, 2016, 4:15 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I'll take "How to get all of Tigernet to hate you in less than an hour, Alex."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People should actually care what you think because???????***

Aug 3, 2016, 4:13 PM

He is the only WR returning this season with 90 catches for over 900 yards the last 2 seasons.
A lot of his catches are jet sweeps but I will take 10 more just like him.
Nobody on our O has done more than him except DW the last 2 seasons .

I want to know who the 3 morans are that upvoted this...***

Aug 3, 2016, 4:15 PM

I would guess at least one has "bob" in their name .....***

Aug 3, 2016, 4:16 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

This dood? I dunno, he seems to be a top-shelf guy...

Aug 3, 2016, 4:27 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?id=105209

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He could be the 2nd one but unlikely since he is prolly outside.

Aug 3, 2016, 4:44 PM

Aug 3, 2016, 4:24 PM

Why even post this...who cares who you think is overrated

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2016, 4:27 PM

The dude literally catches EVERYTHING thrown his way..You can count his dropped passes on one hand throughout his entire 2 year career...We may have some overhyped players but he is by far NOT one of them...

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

IMO the IPOTM goes to...

Aug 3, 2016, 4:28 PM

You.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 3, 2016, 4:34 PM

+1 for taking the heat off of me for stating that Nuk should honor his contract. lmao. Ya' gotta love it in here. Go TIGERS - and Nuk needs to get his ### to work. :) Still laughing.

Is Auburn even close to being ready for us??? A chitstorm is coming to The Plains, and it won't be pretty for the Barners.

Aug 3, 2016, 4:38 PM

I'd totally agree on Scott. Good player, not an elite receiver. Lots to work on.

Beyond him, not sure who else I'd call overrated - maybe Boulware? Not much

###### POTD......***

Aug 3, 2016, 4:58 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lay off the booze so early in the day! ***

Aug 3, 2016, 5:01 PM

NM

Aug 3, 2016, 5:02 PM

Why are you talking about overhyped players on you own team? Or is Clemson your team?

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic