Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO Clemson is facing a lose-lose situation.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

IMO Clemson is facing a lose-lose situation.

May 26, 2012, 10:37 PM

If we stay in the ACC, we will continue to lose more ground to surrounding SEC schools - and especially the chickens. Not a pretty sight as they continue to dominate us the next umpteen years. Of course - they cheat like #### and we don't, so that's not going to change.

If we go to the Big12 (or whatever the new name becomes - geez I hope they have enough sense to change the dang name), then we're going to have to develop some new rivalries -not that we really have any in the ACC.

Odd that the SEC is full of high-intensity rivals, and the ACC doesn't barely have any at all. Hmmmm?

No - I don't see us winning very much with either decision. We'll probably stay in the ACC, and maybe we can improve our basketball program. Yeh - that's our plan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why should they change the name?***

May 26, 2012, 10:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why should they change the name?***

May 27, 2012, 9:54 AM

the name should change so that is does NOT contain a NUMBER. The Big 12 has 10 teams. The Big 10 has 12 teams. The Pac 10 has 12 teams (I think). Sounds stupid IMO. You never know what to call those conferences. How many times have you heard it called the Big 10-11-12 or something confusing like that? Nah - just name it something sensible like the South Western Conference. Oh wait...

Re: Why should they change the name?***

May 27, 2012, 4:10 PM

It's the PAC12 now

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The current ACC & Pitt/Cuse could re-set the divisions...

May 26, 2012, 10:49 PM

to help develop rivalries better.

I think a North/South could work. But if that didn't, maybe they could have a Mid-Atlantic division of the NC4, VA2 & Maryland. Then, the rest of us are the Southern 4, plus the NE3.

The fact that Tech/FSU hardly ever play or that VT/Maryland don't play is an example of the ACC being unable or unwilling to take advantage of geographic natural rivals. Put all the NC schools back in their own divisions with the 2 VA schools, and I think the Mid-Atlantic has a chance to get a little more intense.

Putting the southernmost 4 schools together, and making FSU/Miami a divisional game, would really help as well.

that doesn't solve any of the issues that Clemson has in

May 26, 2012, 10:50 PM

wanting to leave...all of the issues are related to revenue. So we get to Miami more often...does that really solve revenue related issues? Probably not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen no proof, and very little evidence that the B12...

May 26, 2012, 10:52 PM

addresses your revenue problem as well. You guys are making assumptions based on stuff you haven't seen or that hasn't been shown.

I think we both can agree TDP is a good athletic director

May 26, 2012, 10:54 PM

with very strong ties to the Big12...there is no way Clemson would be entertaining this move if both us and the Big12 wouldn't have already sat down with the networks to discuss $ figures. You can't make decisions like this and hope they work out. You know the answers to the important questions before you pull the trigger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not the best case scenario but the best case...

May 26, 2012, 10:49 PM

...going to the SEC is not an option....so you're forced to take the next best option and you move on.

Re: IMO Clemson is facing a lose-lose situation.

May 26, 2012, 10:51 PM

I don't see much of a downside to going to the Big 12. The rivalries will come from playing hard fought games. I could certainly see Clemson-FSU and Clemson-WVU as divisional rivalries.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic