Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO Brownell's main issue is his lack of intensity..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,137

IMO Brownell's main issue is his lack of intensity..

Mar 1, 2016, 9:12 PM

when the players need it. He is always so passive on the sidelines, even late in games when he should be focusing our players to finish strong. Our best coaches, and the best coaches in general, excel in this department. I predict he is gone after next year, especially if Blossomgame leaves after this season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?***

Mar 1, 2016, 9:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

compare and contrast

Mar 1, 2016, 9:24 PM

I look at the mess that Tony Bennett inherited after the Dave Leido debacle and how Bennett has turned it around at UVA...then we have our team - warts and all with a coach that sometimes looks befuddled.

Re: compare and contrast

Mar 1, 2016, 10:40 PM

+1. Great point. Barnes, Ellis, and Purnell(to an extent) seemed to be very good at pushing the team when things got tough. Brownell may be a very good coach in many ways but motivation and recruiting skills he lacks.

I did a deep sigh when they

Mar 1, 2016, 10:44 PM [ in reply to compare and contrast ]

showed the chart of what Bennett has done there in improving the team. In contrast, we have went completely backwards since BB''s inherited OP team went away piece by piece. Time for him to hit the road after next year...

The Pumpers aren't gonna like this^^^***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:15 AM

you coot trolls seem to love it though***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:17 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^found juan^^^***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:23 AM

I'm not hiding sh1thead...I'm right here***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:28 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not hiding sh1thead...I'm right here***

Mar 2, 2016, 7:15 AM

Crazy if u think Bennet would not win here big. That is the problem. There are so many good coaches who would do better than Brad. Our fans just don't get it...

Re: you coot trolls seem to love it though***

Mar 2, 2016, 7:30 AM [ in reply to you coot trolls seem to love it though*** ]

How's that "...win 3 of the last 4" prediction working out for you shack? Some people just can't see the forest for the trees.

I predicted NIT for this team long ago, and I'm not real sure the NIT wants us either. The BC game could be a make-or-break game to sneak into the NIT. What's sad is that this team is actually good enough to compete, if they had a coach that understands how to win. Why people (Koolaid drinkers) cannot, or just plain refuse to see that is beyond me. I understand "support your team", but geez guys, wake up and smell the coffee.

I feel sorry for our guys to be honest. They are getting a raw deal. And unless CLEMSON wants to give BB a lot of money to NOT coach us anymore, then we are stuck with him for at least 1-2 more years. SAD!

That is not a fair comparison.

Mar 2, 2016, 12:01 AM [ in reply to compare and contrast ]

First of all, Tony Bennett is an outstanding coach. Brownell is a good coach, but not on Bennett's level.

Second, and more importantly, UVA has many advantages over Clemson when it comes to basketball:

-Much nicer facilities
-A much better basketball tradition
-Much better fan support

I'm not saying that Bennett couldn't have done the same thing at Clemson, but it would have been much more difficult.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

i do agree with you there... i'm not sure you can compare

Mar 2, 2016, 12:05 AM

BB to Bennett. Bennett has done an amazing job, and let's not forget his pedigree. Plus, UVA has deep, deep, really, really deep pockets.

I do think Bennett would have done more there than BB has, though...

I think a better comparison may be at VPI. The Buzz has taken them to 16-13, and 8-8 in conference play in his 2nd year. They have two HUGE home games remaining, and both are winnable. They could be 10-8 in the ACC, and enter the ACCT with a chance to play their way into the dance....

in his 2nd year of taking over a Larry Shyatt -esque situation

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, so was John Woodens's!*************

Mar 2, 2016, 9:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,137
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic