Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steel sharpens steel. ACC weakness
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,218

Steel sharpens steel. ACC weakness

Jan 14, 2020, 7:23 AM

We have a great team and tons of talent coming in. But, given some of the stress LSU has to face playing teams that at least had a pulse made a difference. Face it, we were not stressed much if any this season due to the weak ACC conference. It is hard to practice this setting and not have had much real life experience in such situations.
Look back when we won it in 2017. OT win over NC State, close win over Louisville and Lamar, close win over a good Florida State team with Jameis, and loss to Pitt.
Face it, steel sharpens steel........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were not forced to make adjustments on O this season

Jan 14, 2020, 7:25 AM

and when we need to we fell flat on our face.

This league desperately needs FSU to get better. I think Louisville and UNC will be consistently ranked in the top 25 next season. Also have a chance to face adversity on the road in South Bend.

Re: Steel sharpens steel. ACC weakness

Jan 14, 2020, 7:27 AM

If we played in the SEC we might not have made the playoff.

That's where you're wrong

Jan 14, 2020, 7:29 AM

Clemson would have been a shoe-in as the 2nd SEC team. That's a fact

Re: That's where you're wrong

Jan 14, 2020, 7:34 AM

Pretty sure that his just opinion

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's where you're wrong

Jan 14, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to That's where you're wrong ]

Shoo-in SMH

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Steel sharpens steel. ACC weakness ]

If Clemson played in the SEC, then they likely would have lost to the same ONE team, LSU - so logic states you are right. Clemson was better than every single team in the nation except one - the national champion.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Steel sharpens steel. ACC weakness ]

Yeah I disagree. If you put us in ACC then we have to take the place of one of their teams. That would be LSU this year. I think we’d have done the same to their schedule.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:36 AM

I might agree with you if we hadn't already beaten a very good OSU team in the Fiesta Bowl semifinal by overcoming a 16-point deficit, staging a dominating game-winning drive, and a game-sealing interception.

We just stunk it up. It was bound to happen. But even so, it wasn't as bad as what we did to Alabama last year. So this talk about us being also-rans in the SEC is...mistaken.

Bright future ahead.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:44 AM

Just remember y’all! 80 Freshman and Sophomores. D Line will improve next year and we will have to replace back 7. BUT this team will still be there. Offense has become stagnant because they try to out athlete everyone, instead of play calling. I’m calling it now 2023 national championship

Jan 14, 2020, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Steel sharpens steel. ACC weakness ]

Just remember y’all! 80 Freshman and Sophomores. D Line will improve next year and we will have to replace back 7. BUT this team will still be there. Offense has become stagnant because they try to out athlete everyone, instead of play calling. I’m calling it now 2023 national championship

Oh lort

Jan 14, 2020, 7:47 AM

How ridiculous

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cmon dude...don’t buy that garbage they’re feeding you

Jan 14, 2020, 8:10 AM

Our conference has nothing to do with losing this game. That’s a talking point that you’re letting ESPN and national media talk you into. They threw a ##### ton of 50/50 balls to their fast receiver against our man coverage and didn’t miss any of em.

As long as we keep recruiting like we are we can play in the AAC and still win championships

This is literally the dumbest post ive ever read on T-net***

Jan 14, 2020, 8:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

IF you're gonna be a whiney little beyotch, at least get

Jan 14, 2020, 8:26 AM

your facts straight. Crab Legs was long gone to the NFL by 2017. We simply got beat by a better team last night. Hard to accept I know, but there are other schools that have great players, and they showed out for LSU last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF you're gonna be a whiney little beyotch, at least get

Jan 14, 2020, 8:41 AM

Stand corrected.
I still stand by the facts that the ACC sucks and not playing any high level comp during the season hurts down the stretch. No whining, we got our butts whooped last night.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to IF you're gonna be a whiney little beyotch, at least get ]

Stand corrected.
I still stand by the facts that the ACC sucks and not playing any high level comp during the season hurts down the stretch. No whining, we got our butts whooped last night.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to IF you're gonna be a whiney little beyotch, at least get ]

Stand corrected.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:31 AM

Our QB couldn't throw it in the ocean last night so we lost. No need to overthink it.

I thought LSU was simply the better team. If we feel ...

Jan 14, 2020, 9:42 AM

... If we feel like our schedule is really the problem, the we’re in big trouble because the ACC is not going to get much better for a while.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 9:48 AM

No one complained about the ACC after the BAMA domination last year in the Natty. Blaming the conference for a loss sounds like an OSU excuse.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:50 AM

I had forgotten that the ACC was an elite conference in 2018. I'm glad we had that competition to prepare us for ND and Alabama.

but it didn’t happen last year ?

Jan 14, 2020, 10:42 AM

Enough of the conference talk. Woof

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,218
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic