Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 107
| visibility 1

Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed?

Sep 17, 2020, 11:46 AM

At least when it comes to facts about him? Look, I'll go ahead and admit that I'm quite sure there are uninformed Dems and leftists and those who did the same with Obama. I'm not denying that. I just don't remember it happening on this scale with any president in my lifetime.

Already in discussions today, I've seen Trumpists who:

1. Didn't know his policies have added $3 trillion to the national debt, thus breaking one of his big campaign promises.

2. Don't seem to know what kind of man he was or behavior he engaged in before the presidency.

3. Don't seem to be aware of just how much of a creep he is just like Biden. Actually, he may be worse--Cohen's daughter recently came out and shared a real creepy story about when he saw her at age 15.

Off this board, I've had conversations with the Trumpists who didn't know and refused to believe:

1. That he ever said "Grab em by the #####!" or about the interview.

2. That he has always been publicly pro choice.

3. That he had affairs on all his wives.

4. That the economy was on the upswing before he took over. They adamantly believed it started with him and even refused to accept it when I showed them the U.S. Labor statistics that show otherwise.

5. That he said coronavirus was no worse than the flu.

And I'm drawing a blank, but I'm sure some other P&Rers can recall times his loyalists here flat out denied or refused to believe he said something or did something that can easily be looked up.

Has it gotten so bad with them plugging their ears and saying, "Lalalalalala fake news LOL CNN/NY Times/WaPo/LOLOLOLOL."

I get it if you don't like the media or you think they put some spin on it. But I'm coming across too many who genuinely don't know this information about Trump. Not that they are willfully pretending it didn't happen. They really just don't know.

But I guess that leads me to my question for them: How can you adore a man so much while not knowing this much about him? Do you just don't want to know it (hear no evil, etc.)? Or do you just willingly refuse to believe anything that might be reported in the news?

This isn't for the people who do know those things and just don't care. I'm talking about the folks who just seem to really not know what a POS he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed?

Sep 17, 2020, 11:53 AM

Seems like a good republican president to me, he broke the single year record in the history of the free market system for the amount of debt borrowed from the Fed. i mean 4.7 trillion in one year, that is impressive and a proud accomplishment for any GOP president.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 11:53 AM

dont care that he has democrat tendencies

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What percent do you think “adore” him?

Sep 17, 2020, 11:54 AM

I think it’s a smaller percent of his total vote count than you think. I think most of us that would consider voting for him are just pragmatic and believe it would be in the best interests of our family, much as we recognize his faults and dislike his persona. Those same pragmatists would probably love an alternative to the running jokes the Dems have put up the past couple elections.

There’s a fine line between love and hate, and both are over the top when it comes to feelings towards a president. I’m willing to bet though that a far, far greater percent of the left hate Trump than the percent of the right that loves him. It’s strong emotions like that that makes one think that a crooked dementia patient is any better than the crooked narcissist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What percent do you think “adore” him?

Sep 14, 2023, 8:29 AM

Of who did/will actually vote for him? Not even 50 percent. I definitely think it's a minority. I get many will hold their noses and vote for him like they did in 2016.

But he does have a substantial group of loyalists, and many of them come across very uninformed. We have a crowd here who will consume anything the man says and don't seem to know many facts about him or his time in office.

I cite Mountaineers as an example. He was completely clueless that Trump added $3 trillion to the debt. How can any American not know this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: What percent do you think “adore” him?

Sep 17, 2020, 1:32 PM

How much of that $3 trillion was used for COVID relief that bailed out businesses, paid unemployed workers over twice what they earned on the job and gave individuals up to $1200 and families even more? Also, which president since Clinton has not had a multi-trillion dollar deficit for one reason or another?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The $3 trillion I cite...

Sep 17, 2020, 2:28 PM

Came before coronavirus even hit America.

In his defense, the first year he's in office isn't his

Sep 17, 2020, 2:45 PM

budget. But he did absolutely zero to cut any meaningful spending the two years since.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Debt?

Sep 17, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: What percent do you think “adore” him? ]

"When Obama was sworn in on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt was $10.626 trillion. When he left office on Jan. 20, 2017, it was $19.947 trillion".

Good thing he didn't have a global pandemic to deal with.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, y'all are conveniently tossing around this pandemic...

Sep 17, 2020, 3:23 PM

To cite the debt. Let me say it again for the people in the back:

TRUMP HAD ALREADY ACCUMULATED $3 TRILLION IN DEBT BEFORE THE PANDEMIC.

You don't have to convince me Obama added to that. Of course he did; he's a Dem. But at least they're honest about their irresponsible spending.

The GOP, and Trump, repeatedly lied about trying to cut the debt and just added to that.

You're the third or fourth person today who has said, "But but but pandemic!" Clearly someone on Fox is pushing that. No. Trump had already racked up this debt before that.

You can't excuse it.

You mentioned reading comprehension when trying to insult someone?

Sep 17, 2020, 3:38 PM

Can you read?

"When Obama was sworn in on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt was $10.626 trillion. When he left office on Jan. 20, 2017, it was $19.947 trillion."

Okay, why don't you explain it.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:40 PM

What exactly are you trying to say by citing Obama's debt accumulation?

Re: Man, y'all are conveniently tossing around this pandemic...

Sep 17, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Man, y'all are conveniently tossing around this pandemic... ]

In the big picture, $3 trillion is nothing when he gave the American worker about $4000 extra a year to spend by reducing taxes and improving the economy enough to make it a workers market ensuring pay increases. The Government budget is a joke anyway.

If Biden wins, tell me about his deficit coming or maybe you're OK with paying 40% + in taxes but I'm not. Between A.O.C. and the Bernie plan, we will be poor and have to beg the man just for the scraps.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 6:09 PM

Adding $3 trillion to our debt is nothing? No. This is a growing, serious problem for America. Trump certainly didn't create it. He's not the worst at it. But he's only made it worse. This will very much cost America one day.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:13 PM

Sep 17, 2020, 6:34 PM

How many times can I say this is a bipartisan issue?

But Trump lied and said he would fix it. He has made it worse. If reelected, he'll continue to make it worse. Will Biden make it worse too? YES.

But this is the one issue you don't play "what about" with because both sides are guilty. The Pubs are the only ones lying about it.

Start voting for people who actually want to fix it.

I wish you well, Catahoula. I really do.***

Sep 17, 2020, 6:37 PM

Re: Debt?

Sep 17, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Debt? ]

Cat says:
"You don't have to convince me Obama added to that. Of course he did; he's a Dem. But at least they're honest about their irresponsible spending."

So he's okay with Dems BANKRUPTING OUR COUNTRY because "that's what Dems do".

Selective corruption is permissible by the Left.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, #######.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:40 PM

I hate to use that term with you. But ####. Dumb. A S S.

I'm not okay with it. I've never been okay with it. Jesus Christ on a crutch, that's been something I've harped on all my adult life: Cut the god #### spending.

That's why I don't support the Dems because they want to increase spending. They always do. But at least they are honest about it.

The Pubs keep increasing it over and over and over but lie to our faces about it. Reagan increased it. the Bushes increased it. Trump has increased it. Every GOP Congress during that time has increased it. The Tea Party people were the worst liars.

So, no, I'm not okay with Dems doing it. I'm not okay with the Pubs doing it. I'm not good with any politician doing it.

And learn to read. And anyone who thinks I'm a Dem is exceptionally stupid. You, however, are apparently just fine with Pubs doing it while lying to you about it.

Seriously, I can't even stop. I called the spending "irresponsible" in the quote you cited, and you're dumb enough to think I actually want this?

#1 and #2 are my real problems with him...

Sep 17, 2020, 11:54 AM

I think he is a genuine narcissist.

I've pretty much accepted the fact that I can't vote on character anymore. Which is sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 and #2 are my real problems with him...

Sep 17, 2020, 11:56 AM

narcissists are human too, need understanding, compassion, not scorn

lol

IF you are, or have been looking for a politician..ANY

Sep 17, 2020, 12:29 PM [ in reply to #1 and #2 are my real problems with him... ]

politician to be your mortal leader or compass, IMO you are pretty naive and need to do some soul searching on why you think anyone active in a profession built on lying to people would be any different from any of the others.

And I don't mean you personally, just..anyone.

No. I don’t***

Sep 17, 2020, 12:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just of the thought that every president we've had

Sep 17, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to IF you are, or have been looking for a politician..ANY ]

have been considered decent men (you can argue Andrew Johnson and Andrew Jackson) and at the very least had what they considered to be the best interest of the country at the center of their decision making.

So I can understand not looking to a politician for a moral compass, but

Trump is the first president to be none of those things.

I like your funny words magic man

Maybe you should look into Herbert Hoover, James Buchanan

Sep 17, 2020, 2:33 PM

Benjamin Harrrison, Chester Arthur, John Tyler, Millard Filmore, William Henry Harrison ,Warren Harding, Franklin Pierce and Andrew Johnson.

Re: Maybe you should look into Herbert Hoover, James Buchanan

Sep 17, 2020, 6:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCFdWeQfA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hoooo, boy.

Sep 17, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to I'm just of the thought that every president we've had ]

Read up on some Presidents man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is definitely a narcissist

Sep 17, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to #1 and #2 are my real problems with him... ]

First president to be one of those, ever.

Sep 17, 2020, 11:55 AM

I know everything you posted. You have to take the bad with the good. Trump has more good than Biden. They are not my first choses but those are the ones we have. There is no way we can do the green new deal. It will make the good ole USA a third world country and give China free rein over the world. They are not doing any green new deal and are sitting back laughing @ us.

I will vote for Trump.

Sep 17, 2020, 11:56 AM

But I am not a "Trump Loyalist" and I don't disagree with anything you say. Most Trump voters I know are the same way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I will vote for Trump.

Sep 17, 2020, 1:12 PM

Eh, no, you've firmly entered that camp lately.

Re: I will vote for Trump.

Sep 17, 2020, 1:13 PM

Pretty sure you don't need my help...

Sep 17, 2020, 2:27 PM

You chose to worship the man long before you talked with me.

Re: Pretty sure you don't need my help...

Sep 17, 2020, 2:36 PM

Exactly.***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:24 PM

Re: Pretty sure you don't need my help...

Sep 17, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sure you don't need my help... ]

I love how the people here who post nothing but Trump fluff and blind defense of him claim they don't worship him. You, Smiling, Xtiger, Manac, 88, etc. Y'all would fight each other to the death to put the next coat of spray-on tan on the man.

I am saddened.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:55 PM

Have you considered therapy? I don't say that in a condescending way. I am honestly concerned about you.

Exactly. Plus

Sep 17, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to I will vote for Trump. ]

half the stuff he posted is bull #### or feelings. He's reading the CNN teleprompter. I particularly liked the part where he tried to compare Trump's creepiness to Biden's. That's his defense? Really?

Hilarious how desperate the Biden "loyalists" are. And then he talks about ignoring facts too. You can't make this stuff up.

one thing missing from a lot of these type analyses

Sep 17, 2020, 11:58 AM

is that there are so many who detested Obama so much that none of this matters whatsoever.

This is something most of the media legitimately fails to grasp. To the media, Obama was a uniting figure in some sort of post racial America. But that's all fantasy land.

The reality is that Obama ushered in the present era of tribalism which has only gotten worse under Trump.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: one thing missing from a lot of these type analyses

Sep 17, 2020, 12:04 PM

detest is too strong

some things that i liked, pretty good immigration enforcement (until he did DACA), i think pulling out of iraq was great, wish he didnt listen to mccain and cause so many deaths in syria, his pulling out kinda created a safe space for all the crazies to accumulate so they could be killed by the bushel, and i think he was a good father

Do you vote for a president because he's a good father?

Sep 17, 2020, 12:32 PM

I'm not sure if I give the first ##### about that.

1) Keep us out of war
2) foster positive economic conditions

Past that, I'll take care of myself.

I don't care how a POTUS treats his kids, where he goes to church, or how much of a a-hole he is. I'm not going to be is best friend, nor will I ever even meet him.

Re: Do you vote for a president because he's a good father?

Sep 17, 2020, 12:53 PM

if we had more good fathers, we probably have less issues as a society, spend less money on entitlements/prisons, resulting in positive economic conditions

Re: Do you vote for a president because he's a good father?

Sep 17, 2020, 1:13 PM

Amend brother.

"probably"

Sep 17, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you vote for a president because he's a good father? ]

So you're looking for a moral leader.

Perhaps you should find a church, synagogue or mosque?

Re: "probably"

Sep 17, 2020, 2:40 PM

a good father, by example, provides leadership for others

not a deal breaker,

but would be an indicator of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control

All those thing are great qualities to be sure***

Sep 17, 2020, 2:49 PM

No he should just be a moral example.

Sep 17, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to "probably" ]

Like Clinton, Obama, or Creepy Joe. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I’m thinking Bush I, Atwater, Clinton, Carville contributed

Sep 17, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to one thing missing from a lot of these type analyses ]

more to current tribalism than Bush II and Obama, but the internet early 2000s to 2016 expanded what was already there.

Trump, though, has thrown gas on this fire to expand it beyond belief.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m thinking Bush I, Atwater, Clinton, Carville contributed

Sep 17, 2020, 12:25 PM

I don't believe Trump has caused this it is the media. It started the night Trump got elected. They were calling it whitelash because Trump beat Hillary. Who the heck comes up with these words. They have an agenda to keep the races divided. I thought things were going well before Obama got elected.
That is just me being one of the first children of integration in the US. It started when I was in the first grade here in SC.

Yeah right

Sep 17, 2020, 2:45 PM

Trump invented racism. We all know this. Weird though how he'll get more black and Hispanic votes than any other Republican candidate in history though?

Sep 17, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to I’m thinking Bush I, Atwater, Clinton, Carville contributed ]

I actually think the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal really set most of it in motion.

Sep 17, 2020, 9:27 PM

You might not be to far off on that statement. It seem both side will just see how much the American people will put up with or a so called test if you will.

Spot on.***

Sep 17, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to one thing missing from a lot of these type analyses ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

His greatest achievement has been the market and I give him

Sep 17, 2020, 12:03 PM

a lot of credit for people feeling confidence in him to invest hundreds of millions of dollars that sat on the sidelines during the previous 8 years.

His market spark started the day after the 2016 election and has been ongoing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously you Dems like for politicians

Sep 17, 2020, 12:05 PM

To tell you what you want to hear and then do the opposite

Otherwise how do you get all those 40 year career Democrat politicians with zero accomplishments to show and a big fat bank account

I’m sorry Trump hurts your feelings

I also think part of the problem with many Trump loyalists..

Sep 17, 2020, 2:33 PM

Is reading comprehension. As evidenced in your response.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:06 PM

Too many are of course, but I think the majority just don't want what the libs are offering.

You’re the only one that gets it***

Sep 17, 2020, 12:58 PM

As for me, I'll take the demonstrated list of accomplishments.

Sep 17, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed? ]

Because after all, the list is longer than Biden's and Obama's in 8 years, and yeah, after 3.5 years several times longer than Biden's list of accomplishments in 50 years. Actually, does Joe even have a list? Anything at all? Good thing Kamala is such an established and accomplished candidate since she would be running the show anyway.

But yeah, Trump is such a jerk.

Re: As for me, I'll take the demonstrated list of accomplishments.

Sep 17, 2020, 7:04 PM

I think 90% of what you consider Trump's accomplishments don't exist.

Yet his opponent thinks he's running for the senate.***

Sep 17, 2020, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Yeah, but Joe has never said anything sexist about

Sep 17, 2020, 2:41 PM

women in the presence of other men, ever. Young girls maybe, but not women.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:12 PM

and in all seriousness, I think a good bulk of his "uneducated" base confuse the man Donald Trump with his character on the apprentice. The editors on that show literally had to dig through 10 hours of principal photography and audio to assemble 47 minutes of him not looking like a complete Buffoon. it was a complete charade and unfortunately it is the lens a lot of his supporters see him though.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:29 PM

No you are wrong. Some people are educated past their intelligence. Most people voted against Hillary not for Trump. You have to vote for the best choice you have and Trump is it.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:34 PM

I don't disagree, what I am saying is the brand he created from himself contradicts the actual man. This is a polite way of calling him a complete fraud and a charlatan.

Is that more clear?

Sep 17, 2020, 12:54 PM

You can call Trump what ever you like. Would I like to be one of his close friends no but I would let him run a company with all his business knowledge. Biden has had close to 50yrs of doing nothing but being part of the swamp and he is the best candidate they have then there is something wrong.

Sep 17, 2020, 1:02 PM

Trump was a complete failure in business, getting bailed out by his father and the tax payers repeatedly. He bankrupted an airline and a casino in the same year, that is impressive. I mean his credit rating is so bad no American Banks will lend to him,. ever. Is that what you consider success?

Sep 17, 2020, 1:16 PM

A lot people have failed in business but got right back up and start again well the successful ones anyway.

Sep 17, 2020, 1:20 PM

so laundering money is a successful enterprise? I mean you understand the guy is a flat out criminal? has that at least registered yet?

trump University, Fleecing people of their savings for info they could have googled? You really have respect for this man, cause I am pretty sure he considers people like you and I trash.

You forgot that nobody in the Trump family

Sep 17, 2020, 1:30 PM

can run a charity anymore because they stole money from kids with cancer.

I like your funny words magic man

Bull ####***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:32 PM

Re: Bull ####***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:40 PM

Politifact rates this as false because the Lawsuit is still pending. But the state of New York is in fact suing them for "misappropriating funds" from a cancer charity. The Trump Foundation was also forced to shut down in 2018 for similar reasons.

Trump isn't financially successful at all.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed? ]

Oh wait...

Sep 17, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed? ]

Wait a second?!?

Reality shows are heavily edited to make a compelling finished product? No way!

Hilarious you think that is a charade. You don’t have a clue.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 12:45 PM

Why are you so uninformed about the average trump “loyalist”? You are certainly obsessed with them.

Most trump voters don’t love every aspect of trump. Most people don’t love every aspect of the candidate they vote for. How is this so hard for you to understand?

1. He was spending a lot of money before coronavirus that I didn’t necessarily agree with, but what are you suggesting? There should have been no ‘rona stimulus bill?

2. Yes I know about his behavior prior to being president. Quite frankly, I don’t care. The choices have been Trump or Clinton/Biden

3. Now this is hilarious. Now you believe Cohen? You really think he made that comment to Cohen and he was cool with it? He continued to work for trump and begged for promotions. Hilarious that when he was on trumps side, you couldn’t believe a word he said, but now that he’s bashing trump while trying to sell a book, it’s all true!! Your an idiot and a hypocrite

1. grab them by the #####! I wish he didn’t say that. But you wouldn’t have any friends if you hated everyone that has said colorful things in the past.

2. Publicly pro choice? I don’t care. He is advocating for life. Frankly I don’t care what he actually believes if he’s advocating for the opposite.

3. Ermehgerd! Trump cheated on his wives? Although not good, lots of people cheat on their significant others. Jill Biden cheated on her first husband with Joe! Bill Clinton cheated on Hillary in the White House and went to pedo island all the time

4. Sure the economy was on the upswing. And then trump got in office and the economy got even better. I thought the economy was going to tank when he was elected? That’s what all your leftist buddies were telling me. Funny how you pivot from economy is going to tank to well it was already on an upswing. Remember the job numbers that Obama said you would have to have a magic wand to attain? Well
Trump crushed those numbers.

5. Coronavirus and flu. Wow. Tons of news outlets reported this. Again don’t care. Whole trump was acting, joe was calling him racist and crazy Nancy was begging people to go to Chinatown to counter trumps racism.

Don’t you realize that most elected officials are POS? The person he is running against openly sexually assaults women and children. He has sold his office for the last 50 years. He blames all of our problems on trump, but he has been in government for half a century! He aided in illegally spying on trump.

Why are you like this?

Welp, that went over your head.

Sep 17, 2020, 2:27 PM

My point isn't about the validity of Trump's presidency based on those items (we've have a hard time if we disqualified any president who cheated on his wife).

My point is that people like you (yes, you) are so extremely uninformed about Trump while absolutely worshiping the man, it allows him to get away with real problematic stuff right under your nose.

Again, you didn't know Trump contributed to the debt to the tune of $3 trillion. How could you not know that? How could any American? Like, at what point do you NOT say, "Man, I really like the president, but let me make sure he's actually a fiscal conservative and let me check his performance in this area."

The ignorance is inexcusable.

Re: Welp, that went over your head.

Sep 17, 2020, 2:37 PM

Catahoula said:

My point isn't about the validity of Trump's presidency based on those items (we've have a hard time if we disqualified any president who cheated on his wife).

My point is that people like you (yes, you) are so extremely uninformed about Trump while absolutely worshiping the man, it allows him to get away with real problematic stuff right under your nose.

Again, you didn't know Trump contributed to the debt to the tune of $3 trillion. How could you not know that? How could any American? Like, at what point do you NOT say, "Man, I really like the president, but let me make sure he's actually a fiscal conservative and let me check his performance in this area."

The ignorance is inexcusable.

You are so stupid, it is unbearable. I didn’t vote for him and I don’t think he is a fiscal conservative. I have never claimed that.

In my very first point I said, “he was spending a lot of money before coronavirus that I didn’t agree with” and then I made the point of a lot of spending after was from an unprecedented pandemic.

So plain and simple for you since you are a complete idiot: I acknowledge that he spent a lot pre coronavirus. I didn’t agree with all of it.

And then you respond with this below. I mean, how fugging delusional are you?

“Again, you didn't know Trump contributed to the debt to the tune of $3 trillion. How could you not know that?”

Sep 17, 2020, 3:26 PM

Thanks for playing.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-I-must-have-missed-him-27798289

Sep 17, 2020, 3:51 PM

Lol what? Two things be be correct at once.

Trump added to the deficit prior to coronavirus.

A lot of the money spent post coronavirus was due to circumstances out of his control.

What is your point?

Sep 17, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Welp, that went over your head. ]

Lol what? Two things be be correct at once.

Trump added to the deficit prior to coronavirus.

A lot of the money spent post coronavirus was due to circumstances out of his control.

What is your point?

I used to think he was smart years ago.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Welp, that went over your head. ]

Something seems to have gone astray with him. Kinda sad really.

Re: I used to think he was smart years ago.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:33 PM

I have no idea who you are, I've never had a conversation with you until this week, and I don't remember you ever being a member of Tigernet.

If you used another username and you're being coy about it, man up and say who you were to refresh my memory.

Lets try to stay on point, okay?

Sep 17, 2020, 3:41 PM

What happened to you man? You really have regressed over the years.

Re: Lets try to stay on point, okay?

Sep 17, 2020, 3:43 PM

Well, I got balder. I drink about the same. The knees ache a little more. I took up golf and I suck at it.

Oh, and I tend to call out people's stupidity a little harder with much more pointed words.

Lol. Honestly, you're delusional and immature.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:48 PM

Too much alcohol maybe? Drugs? I don't know man, but I honestly feel bad for you.

Re: Lol. Honestly, you're delusional and immature.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:56 PM

I gotta tip my hat to you. It took me a second to figure out what you are and what you are doing, but I got it now. Well played, sir. You had me going a little longer than I probably should have.

Sep 17, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Lets try to stay on point, okay? ]

It’s very obvious. He has caught a huge case of TDS. Unfortunately there is no cure right now. Hopefully in 4 more years he can recover from it.

Sep 17, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Lets try to stay on point, okay? ]

It’s very obvious. He has caught a huge case of TDS. Unfortunately there is no cure right now. Hopefully in 4 more years he can recover from it.

Again...

Sep 17, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Welp, that went over your head. ]

When Obama was sworn in on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt was $10.626 trillion. When he left office on Jan. 20, 2017, it was $19.947 trillion.

And again...

Sep 17, 2020, 3:37 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Man-yall-are-conveniently-tossing-around-this-pandemic-27800964

Really? That's your argument? To justify Trump, a man y'all claim to be a conservative, accruing $3 trillion in debt after he lied and said he would eliminate the debt, by citing Obama?

Nobody here is defending Obama or denying he increased debt.

That is a phenomenally dumb counter argument. "But... but... but... the liberal Dem who likes spending increased the debt! So it's okay that the 'conservative' Pub who claimed he would eliminate it also increased it!"

That's the problem. We know the Dems are going to increase spending and the debt. The Pubs just lie about it.

You have lost too many brain cells my man

Sep 17, 2020, 3:51 PM

"When Obama was sworn in on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt was $10.626 trillion. When he left office on Jan. 20, 2017, it was $19.947 trillion".

Looks like about $9.3 trillion in created debt to me, which is 3x larger than $3T if my maff checks. What are you not getting?

Re: You have lost too many brain cells my man

Sep 17, 2020, 3:54 PM

I think I've made it pretty clear. We all know Obama spent too much, which isn't surprising given what he is. What's the point?

Are you trying to use this as your defense of Trump? That he somehow justifies Trump's spending? That's all ya got?

You know, if Trump wins again and stays on this course, he'll likely surpass Obama. How do you feel about that?

Sigh

Sep 17, 2020, 4:01 PM

I'm not trying to justify anything. Trying to get you too see the perspective of your mistake. You say, "people don't even know (about $3T)"... yet you didn't know about over $9T.

Carry on. That hole is getting deeper and deeper.

You have to factor in that Obama inherited Bushes train wreck of an economy

Sep 17, 2020, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Again... ]

Don’t you remember the Republicans didn’t regulate banking and what happened in 08? I do, because I am in the banking industry. Totally unfair to not acknowledge that Obama inherited a horrible economy created by the Republicans and of course the deficit had to go up in that situation. Yes, they were also other reasons the debt went up. But that was the main reason.

I’m not saying this as a liberal Democrat. I’ve been a republican for my entire life. At one time I was fairly far right, now I would say I am a moderate Republican. But if you had lived through what I liived through back in the great recession as a banker, you would not have this deregulate no matter what attitude.

Bingo

Sep 17, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed? ]

Expect more feelings to follow though.

I was going to wipe out the OP with real "facts", but

Sep 17, 2020, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Is the average Trump loyalist simply uninformed? ]

you covered it quite nicely.

Nah, you weren't.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:34 PM

You got destroyed in that other thread, and then when brought up in a second one, you kept saying, repeatedly, "Hey, tell me when you're ready for me to post my stuff to prove you wrong!" And I kept asking you to do it, and you wouldn't do it.

You weren't going to post ####.

You live in fantasy land. Nothing was "destroyed"..

Sep 17, 2020, 3:46 PM

And certainly you didn't counter with a darn thing.

You really do argue like a child. You haven't grown up at all, and in fact you've regressed.

Don't worry though, I will be posting a list. Just biden my time.

loss aversion is the only game in town

Sep 17, 2020, 2:12 PM

it is spelled out pretty clearly on this board every day.

The election isn't about who is the best candidate or who has the best ideas or one that would make us the most proud.

The sum total of the logic I see in the majority of the answers to this question and to the multitude of anti-Trump messages seems to be that the other side in all probability do more damage. So rather than the decision be one of positive affirmation, the more powerful motivator is always going to be fear of the other outcome.

For instance, the current social media suggestion seems to be that if you elect a Democrat, Nancy Pelosi's shadow agents of Pedo-World will ###### your youngins, and they will be forced to prostitute themselves in the dark alleys of a socialist dictatorship.

This is the messaging that Brad Parscale and his foreign trolls have tested to and has found to be the most effective, because it worked in 2016 and will work again in 2020.

Because everyone now seems to agree that Trump and Biden both suck, playing to the irrational brains of the collective voters is the only play the parties have.

If the two main candidates didn't suck so bad, the messaging would be all flags, rainbows, and unicorns. None of that is possible. It is the appeal to our inner-most fears.

well since I don't have any "youngins", that threat doesn't

Sep 17, 2020, 2:59 PM

really work with me.

I simply look at who will cost me more money over the next 4 years.

that’s a fairly one dimensional pov

Sep 17, 2020, 10:01 PM

proves my point that for most people the decision is more about loss aversion.

In fairness that has been the case for the last several elections. All the Dems have to do is make Trump into an existential threat, which is not far from reality considering how he has handled the pandemic.

Existential fears will beat pocketbooks every time, so the pandemic is the perfect Chinese weapon of influence, lol. They really hate Trump.

It is all about loss aversion. Americans live in constant fear of these outcomes. It’s totally irrational.

Say it out loud

Sep 17, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to loss aversion is the only game in town ]

"Four more years".

And no, I am not a "loyalist" by any stretch. A realist, who doesn't vote based on feelings.

It's a shame that Trump is the lesser of the two evils...

Sep 17, 2020, 4:04 PM

two times in a row.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a shame that Trump is the lesser of the two evils...

Sep 17, 2020, 6:43 PM

I'm sure we all can argue that all day, but at least we agree on one thing: It's evil no matter how you slice it.

You don't have to vote for it. Go third party. You aren't in a swing state. You have a Clemson gal running who actually supports fiscal responsibility and, you know, she's a mammal. Pretty sure she's not a pervert.

So you're voting for her?

Sep 17, 2020, 7:28 PM

I'm not. I haven't decided whether or not to vote for Biden, it's tempting since he promised to control climate and create a system of social justice which satisfies everyone bringing peace and harmony to America. As soon as he explains why he didn't do all that during his first half a century in DC I'm going to back him 110%.

So I'm kinda on hold right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're voting for her?

Sep 18, 2020, 7:53 AM

Well, in the battle between the old perverted fascist and the old perverted do-nothing, I'll take the human being who has no shot, but she has a Clemson degree. And at least my conscience will feel alright.

Sep 17, 2020, 9:21 PM

All that and he's still the better choice.

Sep 17, 2020, 9:28 PM

Ya, that is a shame but it is what it is.

Replies: 107
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic