Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE A CLEMSON TIGER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE A CLEMSON TIGER

Jan 7, 2013, 4:08 PM

Then don't. Clemson is by far one of the tradition rich, fan frenzied, classy programs in all of college athletics. The people and the education are also terrific.

Yeah sure you can go and play in the SEC, but so what??

The ACC is a fine conference and it sure doesnt hinder your ability to go pro by playing in it. Ask CJ SPiller or Nuk Hopkins. Whether you go pro is simply about execution and getting very good at your position and making statements on the field. Period. And dont let any windbag from the SEC tell you different.

And yes Clemson is on the rise, but there is plenty of room for any recruit to come in and win a position and go pro. If you are worried about playing time cause of the other players then you simply are not pro material anyway. A real pro prospect would never care about who is already here since they plan to kick all the competitions butt anyway and prove they deserve to play!

Fact is.. When you commit to a university, you are saying to that fan base, I want to play for Clemson and I plan to come. And when they embrace you and support and welcome you and then you go..."sorry, I changed my mind." You let a lot of people down. Sure you have the right to change your mind but the truth is, why commit til you are certain? No reason to disappoint people who have grown to pull for you already. Sure its your right but is it the right thing to do? no. Your word has to matter for the rest of your life or simply dont give it.

Think about the coaches who saved that scholly just for you and now have to go out and recruit with limited time. Is that fair? no! How would you like it if you planned to come here and as we got close to signing Day, Dabo said to you, "sorry bub but we like another guy. we dont need you. they changed their mind." Can dabo do it? yes. its his right but.... it isnt the right thing to do. And so he doesnt! His word is part of what makes this program special. Dabo cares about you. Sure he needs good player s and he will recruit like everyone else but does it wil a level of class and courtesy that represents Clemson in a solid light.

If you have not spent much time here then you dont know what you are missing. Clemson rocks!

You can go to an SEC school and win a title and they will remember the year. Come to Clemson and they will remember your name. Schools like Clemson are where you can solidify your name in its history. Look at Tajh, if he wants, he can come back and place his name over a stadium just by working hard and giving his all and preforming. You think LSU is gonna put anymore names up anytime soon? doubtful!!!

And thats a few things to remember before you turn away from this oppurtunity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Said. Yes indeed Clemson is...

Jan 7, 2013, 4:28 PM

special and our coaches understand that and do things the right way. Mature kids understand that as well.

Go Tigers !!

Come to Clemson and win a championship

Jan 7, 2013, 4:51 PM

we'll remember the walk-on's names.

I would like to get this message out to recruits...

Jan 7, 2013, 4:57 PM

...those that it resonates with are the players you want on the team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic