Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF FSU misses title game but wins the ACC, where do we fall?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

IF FSU misses title game but wins the ACC, where do we fall?

Oct 28, 2014, 1:08 PM

I want to pull against FSU Thur and hope they lose to Miami to put us in Charlotte...but, my thoughts are, they will only lose 1 of those games, at best. If so...they end up in Miama for the Orange...where would that leave us as the 2nd best ACC team...or 3rd behind ND?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think if both FSU and CU win out.. we'll both make the

Oct 28, 2014, 1:12 PM

playoff....

hell, we took them to overtime... and the UGA game was too early to really count

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

No way we make the playoffs with two losses

Oct 28, 2014, 1:13 PM

without winning the ACCCG. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i think 2 ACC teams get in if we win out....

Oct 28, 2014, 1:14 PM

they're not gonna penalize us for the FSU loss

and UGA was just a bad half

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

No way we make the playoffs with two losses

Oct 28, 2014, 1:15 PM

without winning the ACCCG. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No way we make the playoffs with two losses

Oct 28, 2014, 1:22 PM

If and when we don't see FSU slip up and we have to take a lesser bowl if ND, the biggest crybabies and have their cake and eat it to football team, gets the Orange bowl who would you guys like to play in a bowl game? How would you guys like a shot at Bama or Ole Miss and the fighting mama Nkemdiches? How about a shot at Oklahoma or redemption against West Virginia?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do you figure that?

Oct 28, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to No way we make the playoffs with two losses ]

we'd be on a 9 game win streak, and we haven't lost to an unranked team in 3 years...

the committee knows we're a top 10 team, right now

everyone needs to do a tad more research

Oct 28, 2014, 1:28 PM

The fiesta... Cotton and peach this year can take an ACC team if ranked high enough.... Also the Gator bowl / taxslayer ... Can now pit a Big Ten ACC match up.... Might as well quit the doom

We got five more weeks

We win out... We will be good!

Message was edited by: bengalbabe®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: everyone needs to do a tad more research

Oct 28, 2014, 1:38 PM

The Cotton bowl would be sweet!!

When you have to post the same sarcasm multiple times

Oct 28, 2014, 1:50 PM [ in reply to how do you figure that? ]

In the same thread, it probably isn't as effective of a tool as you thought it would be.

Re: When you have to post the same sarcasm multiple times***

Oct 28, 2014, 1:57 PM

Ok, I'm convinced, you really are Shanley***

Oct 28, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to When you have to post the same sarcasm multiple times ]

is there any doubt?***

Oct 28, 2014, 2:00 PM

Re: is there any doubt?***

Oct 28, 2014, 2:01 PM

Who?

I don't know who this "Shanely" is or why you think I'm him, but it's clear you're living in a fantasy world. Can you even help it? You do know that there's a whole world outside of Tigernet out there, right? Right?

now that's funny***

Oct 28, 2014, 2:03 PM

You talking about Skyrim? I'm headed there after I leave

Oct 28, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: is there any doubt?*** ]

here...

Re: You talking about Skyrim? I'm headed there after I leave

Oct 28, 2014, 2:06 PM

Funny you mention that because I just found a copy of it for $15 and am already liking it. Normally don't play anything except some GTA from thyme to thyme. Still suck at swinging that sword and takes like 10 hits to kill a wolf.

Haha, it was addicting...the main story is too short...I

Oct 28, 2014, 2:09 PM

wound up wandering around just causing chaos. The game gets harder depending on how strong you are...so right when you think your a BA, you get lit up by creatures you've never come across...

Re: Haha, it was addicting...the main story is too short...I

Oct 28, 2014, 2:11 PM

Oh lord, just what I need

Re: You talking about Skyrim? I'm headed there after I leave

Oct 28, 2014, 2:14 PM [ in reply to You talking about Skyrim? I'm headed there after I leave ]

I absolutely love Skyrim. We should talk sometime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Hey all you people talking about Skyrim...

Oct 28, 2014, 2:17 PM

Lol, don't knock it till you tried it! It was my first and

Oct 28, 2014, 2:20 PM

only game that I played to that extent...very, very addicting...

Well since you put it that way

Oct 28, 2014, 2:21 PM

Re: Lol, don't knock it till you tried it! It was my first and

Oct 28, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Lol, don't knock it till you tried it! It was my first and ]

It's okay. GWP's mad because his hobbies consist of taking peoples' money unethically and taking care of his retarded friend bob.

Sure, tmale me or start a thread in the gaming section or

Oct 28, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: You talking about Skyrim? I'm headed there after I leave ]

wherever...I'm not expert but would love to go back and play it when I have some free time.

Gaming boards here:
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=80

At first I was like naw, then I was like maybe, now I'm like

Oct 28, 2014, 2:01 PM [ in reply to is there any doubt?*** ]

yep. Timing was too much to overlook.

just can't help himself***

Oct 28, 2014, 2:02 PM

or herself***

Oct 28, 2014, 2:05 PM

Re: is there any doubt?******

Oct 28, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to is there any doubt?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: is there any doubt?******

Oct 28, 2014, 2:12 PM

Lol. Did you screenshot the entire meltdown?

Most of it***

Oct 28, 2014, 2:15 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: i think 2 ACC teams get in if we win out....

Oct 28, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to i think 2 ACC teams get in if we win out.... ]

I hope you're kidding lol, even if we win out we'll rank no higher than 10-14th. Louisville needs to win to jump in the top 25 and that'll finally be a ranked team with a L to us on the schedule. But best case scenario for us is Orange Bowl and ACC Title game or an At Large if FSU and Clemson win out.

I wish that were true...but in many projections Clemson is

Oct 28, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to i think 2 ACC teams get in if we win out.... ]

not even in the top 10 to be considered.

If it were an 8 team playoff, we still may miss it...

I know a lot can change between now and the end of the year, I just don't see them penalizing 1 loss SEC west teams badly and maybe not even as badly as us with TWO losses.

IF (a big if) Clemson makes it and wins the ACCCG, there may be a slight hope.

Oct 28, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to i think 2 ACC teams get in if we win out.... ]

3 questions for u.
1. What are u on
2. How much is it
3. Where can I get some

You are delusional

Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to i think 2 ACC teams get in if we win out.... ]

That is the way they treat the SEC teams. Why not us? ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still SEC bias

Oct 29, 2014, 11:58 AM

A 2 loss ACC team will not make the play-offs. A 1 loss ACC team probably won't. Committee or not, there is still that SEC bias.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think if both FSU and CU win out.. we'll both make the

Oct 28, 2014, 2:08 PM [ in reply to i think if both FSU and CU win out.. we'll both make the ]
image.jpg(57.8 K)

You're crazy!!!!

Probably Orlando, but i guess Nashville and

Charlotte are possibilities too. Yuck. Chick-fil-a getting into the playoff rotation didn't do us any favors. ACC has the worst bowl lineup I've ever seen.

Re: Probably Orlando, but i guess Nashville and

Oct 28, 2014, 1:18 PM

I thought the Chick-fil-a game helped Clemson? We have a good history with them and location matters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know, I'm not sure how that's going to work with the

Oct 28, 2014, 1:38 PM

committee assigning teams to play there. It will be that 2 out of 3 years and it will host a semi-final the other.

Both participants in the Orange, Rose and Sugar Bowls are contracted outside the playoff arrange­ment (Big Ten and Pac-12 to Rose Bowl; SEC and Big 12 to Sugar Bowl; ACC to Orange Bowl against the highest ranked available team from the SEC, Big Ten and Notre Dame). If a conference champion qualifies for the playoff, then the bowl will choose a replacement from that conference. When those bowls host the semifinals and their contracted conference champions do not qualify, then the dis­placed champion(s) will play in the other New Year’s bowls.

The Fiesta, Cotton and Peach Bowls will host displaced conference champions and the top-ranked champion from a non-contract conference. The highest-ranked available teams will fill any other berths. The Selection Committee will make the pairings.

Rose and Sugar host semi-finals this year, so Fiesta, Cotton, and Peach will be picking up Big Ten vs Pac-12 (Rose), and SEC vs Big 12 (Sugar). Do the other 2 spots go to "non-contract conference" champions? Would that be like East Carolina, etc?

Or would say Oregon play in the Rose anyway if

Oct 28, 2014, 1:40 PM

they made the playoff?

This #### is too confusing for me.

Re: Or would say Oregon play in the Rose anyway if

Oct 28, 2014, 1:46 PM

"Both participants in the Orange, Rose and Sugar Bowls are contracted outside the playoff arrange­ment (Big Ten and Pac-12 to Rose Bowl; SEC and Big 12 to Sugar Bowl; ACC to Orange Bowl against the highest ranked available team from the SEC, Big Ten and Notre Dame). If a conference champion qualifies for the playoff, then the bowl will choose a replacement from that conference. When those bowls host the semifinals and their contracted conference champions do not qualify, then the dis­placed champion(s) will play in the other New Year’s bowls.

The Fiesta, Cotton and Peach Bowls will host displaced conference champions and the top-ranked champion from a non-contract conference. The highest-ranked available teams will fill any other berths. The Selection Committee will make the pairings."

I read this as one non-contract champion and the rest of the non-automatic bids to be filled according to the committee's top 25 rankings.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The committee decisions will be

Oct 28, 2014, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Or would say Oregon play in the Rose anyway if ]

Interesting... Some of you scoffed at York but he is right... Unlike past BCS pairings.... They are not based on Coach's poll or AP.... It is based on strength of schedule and conference finish.... Anyone doubting the process needs to give it a chance....five weeks ago no one on this board saw SC as 4-4..... We got five weeks left... Lots of games.... We need to win... If we do our strength of schedule is good... Esp since UGA and FSU are in top ten.... Should Florida St. Crash and burn... We still have to win out.... Clemson needs to take care of Clemson!

Message was edited by: bengalbabe®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ain't kidding

Oct 28, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Probably Orlando, but i guess Nashville and ]

about the horrible bowl lineup.

Bowls in Shreveport, Detroit, and NYC. I guess we should be thanking our lucky stars that there aren't bowls in Gary, Indiana and Lowell, Mass or else the ACC would have snatched them up too.

Re: IF FSU misses title game but wins the ACC, where do we fall?

Probably Music City or the Belk Bowl. However, I am confused about one thing. The Peach bowl no longer has conference ties but if we win out and are ranked high enough I think we could get selected into that bowl or theoretically into one of the other non-affiliated bowl sites. Just keep winning and preferably with style points. In other news, USuCk is only going to win 5 games this year so we can "high five" them all we want. PS: one of those losses will be to us.

Re: IF FSU misses title game but wins the ACC, where do we fall?

Oct 28, 2014, 2:06 PM

How could FSU win the ACC if they miss the title game?

/\ /\ Clemson loses 1 more ACC game & FSU loses 2**********

Oct 29, 2014, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic